--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
that was as convincing a victory as we're going to see. similar to week 2 probably but given that it was @ mile high, even more so.

special teams definitely won the day by setting the tone. recovering a muff, running back a kickoff, and a punt block? shiiiiiiiit....we're going to win that game 99 times out of 100. special teams has turned it around A TON since the start of this year. making some plays now in addition to just doing their job well on coverage and what not. considering how we draft/trade/sign so many god damn special teams aces, they better be making plays like that :lol:

the defense played pretty well. butler had a rough night but i think it'll just motivate him going forward. just one of those nights. he was there with sanders much of the night but just missed on a couple and got beat by some nice throws. only 1 or 2 AWFUL plays even though it looked worse out there for him. only thing missing by the defense was more pressure on brock. can't let even a below average QB sit back there or you'll get picked apart. always.

offense was solid all around. ran well and brady was brady. the offensive line played GREAT which basically allowed everything else to run smooth out there. even dwayne allen got a TD which tells you all you need to know. marty coming in with 3 catches. gronk, dola, cooks all made plays. the backs killed denver out the backfield which we all knew would happen. no way denver was covering the backs and TEs on routes.

on to mexico and the raiders. need to really buckle down and focus this next few weeks since we're living on the road and into november. 7-2 and right there in prime position to grab the #1 seed :pimp:

That Lewis run back was obviously something they practiced and prepared for and Lewis' speed let him get away from those last two defenders. Props to the unit and Joe Judge for having a huge night all around. Plus Burkhead with that blocked punt. You know all those plays weren't just flukes and things that were studied in the film room and practiced during the week too.

Also loved the offensive line play; we kept that pass rush in check and Brady clean without Marcus Cannon and they seemed to be cohesive. With this, you have to love seeing Brady stand confidently in the pocket. His presence with everything going on around him is a beautiful thing to watch. When he has time to throw, he'll pick you apart. I saw where we're horrible on 3rd downs in the RZ though, so that's one thing we need to clean up.

And props to Dwayne Allen getting his first TD!! :lol: For as much crap as he's received, he's still working hard, otherwise you'd think Brady wouldn't even want to look his way. That was kind of a nice catch on Von too :pimp:

I didn't want to leave out mention of Dola either. He had a couple big catches and another one where he got hammered, but held on to the ball. Dude has made some tough "Edelman-like" catches this season.

Last edited:
For sure on that Allen catch. He earned that one :lol:

Dev :pimp:

I love how we spread him out wide in some formations and then actually go to him.

love seeing Allen finally get some limelight. Dude has been working hard and playing well with zero public complaints.

well done sir.

couple narratives i'm hearing today on Butler and his game last night:

1) no big deal. emmanuel sanders is one of the hardest guys to stick with. he gave us some plays was only truly cooked on 2 plays. no big deal. he's fine.

OR

2) concerning. before gilmore missed a few weeks, butler struggled playing on the field with gilmore. gilmore sits a few weeks and butler regains his swagger and edge. now gilmore comes back and butler struggles. there's something there...either having gilmore there gets in his head or makes his try and do too much or play in a way that isn't his style.

i think the 2nd is a bit of a stretch. willing to give butler the benefit of the doubt after sleeping on that performance last night. i think he'll be OK.

couple narratives i'm hearing today on Butler and his game last night:

1) no big deal. emmanuel sanders is one of the hardest guys to stick with. he gave us some plays was only truly cooked on 2 plays. no big deal. he's fine.

OR

2) concerning. before gilmore missed a few weeks, butler struggled playing on the field with gilmore. gilmore sits a few weeks and butler regains his swagger and edge. now gilmore comes back and butler struggles. there's something there...either having gilmore there gets in his head or makes his try and do too much or play in a way that isn't his style.

i think the 2nd is a bit of a stretch. willing to give butler the benefit of the doubt after sleeping on that performance last night. i think he'll be OK.

I'm more inclined to go with 1 here. Sanders is a tough cover; he runs precise routes and has great hands. I mean we wanted the guy when he was a FA, but didn't break the bank for him. I think Sanders just got the best of Butler for the most part. It didn't seem like there were any plays were he was open because of miscommunication. Rather, he was getting open because of his route running and Butler peeking at Brock in some instances.

:pimp:

bruh...what team splits out their FB :rofl:

and throws to him for first downs :rofl:

I feel like these plays to Develin will end up paying off in the playoffs maybe :nerd:

that was some pretty smooth rolling down in Mexico, man. offense just did whatever they wanted for the most part (although the redzone TDs are still a little elusive for us). defensively they basically went in with the "feel free to run on us but you're not hitting any big passes on us" mentality. got gashed on the run a bit but as soon as we went up 3 scores it wasn't going to be an issue.

with all the travel, essentially is a sort of short week. get home, get healthy, and prepare to hopefully deliver another beat down. dolphins and division game...gotta have these and keep pace with Pittsburgh who isn't going to slow down.

that's how you dominate your profession for 17 years

that said, for **** sake Tom, take a breather and relax for a minute :lol:

Good win. Guess people were right about how the raiders are pretenders. Actually felt bad for their QB with all those dropped catches.
That steelers game is looking like will determine home court through the playoffs.
Go Pats!!!

This was a nice showing by the offense. Brady looked sharp again and it was nice to see him connect with Cooks on some deep throws. Amendola has continued to do a great job stepping up and being a consistent pass catcher. I like the fact that we aren't totally dependent on Gronk and beating teams other ways. That versatility has shown these last two games and hopefully we get Hogan back in time for the playoffs to add another target. We do seem to stall a bit in the red zone, but I'm not too worried about that right now as I believe it's something that will be worked on.

Another note on offense is that it's amazing that we plugged in Waddle and Karras on the offensive line against Von Miller and Kahlil Mack and for the most part, neither of those guys were an impact. Mack ended up with a sack on Fleming while rotating in for Waddle, but Brady stayed clean otherwise. I like where this line is at right now and if they can keep it up, I like what we have on offense moving forward.

Defensively, I feel like we're on track now. Things aren't perfect, but the foundation is there and we aren't making glaring mistakes. Guys are in position to make tackles. Lynch did gash us for some good gains, but we held on and created turnovers. We've also been getting decent pressure even though we aren't getting a lot of sacks. At the very least, the defense continues to trend up from what I'm seeing.

We need to take care of these divisional games now so that we can be in control of our seeding when we play the Steelers. Right now, they scare me the most, but we're not losing to them in January at Gillette. The Jags look good and kind of create match up problems, but I don't trust that offense as we'd probably try to take away Fournette and make Bortles beat us.

il_570xN.1106107556_d5tp.jpg

defensively, great day and win. pretty dominant start to finish. pass rush was there all day. dialed up some blitzes that got to Moore. and the secondary was on point and in sync. all around just a great day.

offensively, meh day and win. could have put the game away MUCH earlier. karras nearly killed us a couple times today...the early snap and then totally getting beat on that 4th down. rough day for him. brady took a beating and it definitely hurried up his timing which threw him off quite a bit. gronk, cooks, lewis, burkhead, and shaq mason were stellar.

lot of injuries to keep an eye on. Van Noy (was on sidelines for the end and appeared OK but who knows). Trey Flowers a huge one.

On KVN:

Flowers:

love the decision to fake punt it right off the start. lost Ebner but worth it i thought :lol:

Last edited:
These injuries just keep piling up :smh:

Waddle, Trey and Van Noy are my biggest concerns. Waddle mainly because Cannon is still out. He's filled in great and Fleming gave up a sack on his first snap to Wake. Trey is our best pass rusher by far, but it sounds like he'll be good to go; we'll need him for any type of run in the playoffs. Van Noy has almost seamlessly filled in for Hightower as the play caller for the defense. He's not Hightower by any means, but he has filled that void very well thus far.

Is there any timetable for Hogan to return or any update on Malcolm Mitchell?

Back
Top Bottom