--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
:smh:

I'm not even sure what to take away from that game. The injuries on defense are starting to catch up. No Trey Flowers and no Kyle Van Noy and then losing Alan Branch resulted in a lack of pressure and poor tackling. The secondary looked slow and out of place. I mean, when we have Eric Lee, Marquis Flowers, Adam Butler and Jonathan Freeny out there, there's only so much that can be done, especially when some of these guys were just pulled from practice squads weeks ago. I'm not making excuses for the veterans that were out there, but the injuries are adding up on the defensive side of the ball. And Malcolm Butler is playing himself out of New England in my opinion. He hasn't played well as of late, but if he draws Antonio Brown and can at least make some plays, I'd like to see if he can turn it around in the post season.

In regards to the offense, the national talking heads are going to push the Brady is washed narrative and the Boston talking heads are going to push the Achilles injury is worse than Brady is letting on narrative. And to be honest, I don't know if the Achilles injury is legit. I do think that not having Gronk didn't help things and some of the play calling was questionable, but some of Brady's throws did look off. On that same note, you have to give credit to Miami's defense for stepping up. They looked like the more dialed in team and they looked like they had a game plan and executed it. It seemed like they played similar to how Atlanta played us in Super Bowl 51, but we couldn't adjust and get anything going.

How we respond against the Steelers is going to be huge. If we play like this again, we're going to have a tough time against anyone we face in the playoffs as everyone else is playing well right now.

Last edited:
ain't really nothing to discuss. that's the annual mid to late season stinker we always lay. not surprising it was in miami.

need to go 3 for 3 to close out and we'll be A-OK

and i'm not suggesting we were OK with losing to game or half assing it by any means, but Josh and Bill definitely were holding back cards from a gameplan/playcalling standpoint. Josh in particular called a god awful game

ain't really nothing to discuss. that's the annual mid to late season stinker we always lay. not surprising it was in miami.

and i'm not suggesting we were OK with losing to game or half assing it by any means, but Josh and Bill definitely were holding back cards from a gameplan/playcalling standpoint. Josh in particular called a god awful game

I was expecting a stinker in Miami, but since it's December, I assumed we'd be a little more dialed in.

I was wondering why they completely eliminated Burkhead from the gameplan in the 2nd half.

24991184_1619592734821815_3434389453533124033_n.jpg

Steelers game is now a must win. The Jags could end up 2nd.
Gronk better show out Sunday and make up for costing the team this L.

Steelers game is a must win anyways, Dolphins loss or not. Even with both teams coming in at 11-2, winner takes a two game lead with the tiebreaker.

go PATS.

i don't have a good feeling about today given how we been playing lately. regardless, let's ******* go :pimp:

win this game and we control the conference

defense REAL thin today...no Van Noy, no Branch, Lee not looking good pre-game. David Harris warming up like he'll play this week.

Hogan out. Britt in

offense better be prepared to hang a 40 burger today :lol:

defense getting crushed today. can't stop a 3rd down to save their lives and they're keeping our offense off the field

gonna have to make some BIG changes in the 2nd half, especially when AB comes back in the 2nd half (assuming he does, that is)

and joe thuney better get his **** together. he might get Thomas killed with the way he's been playing lately, let alone the fact that he's stalling out half our drives :lol:

The feels from this W are glorious :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Such a huge W in the grand scheme of things,need to keep it up and finish the season strong to lock up Home field

Gronk was a cheat code in the 4th quarter :sick::sick::sick:

I started celebrating, saw what I thought was a flag in the endzone, and then realized it was a Steeler player's glove :lol:

Celebration continued.

today was a roller coaster, man. defense couldn't get off the field. brady's bonehead INT. the LB play. the OL early on.

but the defense made just enough stops. the offense finally got dialed in. we got a REAL GOOD break. and lastly, Ben and Tomlin do what they usually are good for doing at least once a game...trying to get too cute.

the stud of the game was easily Gronk. we rode the big guy to that W. the suspension was almost a blessing since it let him rest and let him go buck wild today. Brady had that one bad bad bad throw but other than that was a killer. dropped in some PERFECT balls. just pin point. the RBs (as they have all year) provided that extra spark we needed today.

AB going out was obviously huge for our defense. let them figure things out a lot easier. the tackling (Jordan Richards in particular) on the JuJu big gainer was disgusting. Bengals/Browns/Jets like play right there. but the funky catch rules and the Steelers' brain fart let them get another shot and they got it done. Butler's game saving tackle keeping the receiver in bounds forced them to scramble and hurry and run that BS fake spike that ALL OF US knew was a fake :lol:

still control our destiny and if we get our **** taken care of, we can avoid one of JAX-PIT in january which is as ideal as it's going to get. 5 more :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom