The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS OFFSEASON Thread

Looks like we are going to get a look at Ryan Mallett. Hoyer looked solid as a backup for Brady right now.
The D looked pretty good. Belichick with his usual useless interview at halftime
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

things im looking forward to seeing tonight:
1) the front seven and what they can do. i believe no albert tonight, but id like to see what the others can do. especially the big guys up front
2) chung and the safeties
3) taylor price
4) ryan mallet
1) 4 sacks. decent pressure at times. would have liked to see ellis and carter get some time. it's alright though.
2) not much to really judge them off. they gave up some plays, but in general, the jags weren't testing them too much. chung came up to stop the run nicely a couple times. dropped that bunny pick tho
30t6p3b.gif

3)
pimp.gif

4) pretty good. he did better than i expected. loved his arm in college...and loved it tonight. throws it too hard sometimes...but as long as its hitting our guys, whatever.

the rest:
- edelman is going to have to make some plays. had a chance on our first possession but couldnt grab it. price might play him off the team to be honest.
- hernandez...two fumbles definitely a concern. especially cause he had some hands issues towards the end of last season. but he's getting open and making catches. good to see.
- steven ridley...wow. i like it. i love his second and third effort. he doesn't dance, it's one move and up the field. nice receiving TD too.
- hoyer. looks more than capable to back up brady. QB depth looks good.
- defense was clearly on point allowing no TDs. third down defense was good

of course, this is all preseason and it's basically 2nd/3rd string v 2nd/3rd string. eager to see what the starters do in tampa next week.

randy cross...is it actually possible for you to get any fatter? skip a meal for chrissake

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

Whats the news on darren sharper and tj housmenzada??
nerd.gif

TJ hasnt been as good as advertised since his 07' year. 
darren can atleast mentor mccourtney,merriweather,dowling 
pimp.gif

so TJ as a 4th option? i'd take it. taylor price hasn't practiced since the jags game, so something serious might be up.

sharper...agree with 2o6...if anything, he can transfer some knowledge to the younger guys

think they had 4 down, but i wouldn't be surprised if they have 3 true d-lineman down, and have 4 LB's and have one of the outside LB's go into a 3 point stance.

Ridley might be getting most carries by midseason

btw, I think Mallet could start for 2-3 teams right now. If Clausen/Newton can, mallet def. can.

the bucs girls in those cheer uni's
pimp.gif

pretty impressed with 1st team offense. the only snags really were when solder got beat, and regular season that's light. hernandez continues to get open and get balls chucked his way. good to get ocho a few catches and a TD. wes was wes. branch a little quiet, but it's impossible to get everyone the ball. on the ground, both woodhead and benny looked solid. brady was brady.

defense...front seven was the story tonight. first team was dominating. andre carter was relentless. you get ellis, haynesworth, and wilfork in there and oh man...he's gonna be all over guys. mayo all over the place. moore and love all with solid pressure. anderson in there a couple times.

woodhead just took a blindsided helmet to helmet SHOT from some scrub on the bucs. dude must feel good wiping out a 5'6" dude with the way he celebrated it...savor the moment for 4 weeks from now when you're digging ditches or stocking shelves. hope you have $20K to spare
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom