The Official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS OFFSEASON Thread

I'll admit im not a New England fan... But holy hell Brady makes me just want to cheer for them.

Midseason form already... Scary for what we can expect this year...

Man the offense was on an absolute tear
eek.gif
sick.gif
. So many weapons which makes it even harder for other teams to stop us. Over 600 total yards and Brady.....Jesus Christ. The offense line also held their own even with Koppen out . Only thing that bothered me is our defense. I mean giving up 400 yards??
indifferent.gif
. The offense isn't always gonna be able to put up 600 yards. The secondary played terribly. I'm still not too sure why Meriweather got cut. He was a pro bowl safety and we definitely missed him a lot last night.

Really excited about the offense like I am every year but if this defense doesn't play better we won't be getting far this year.

a man is being charged for raping a women in the home of ex-patriots player brandon meriweather back in july. theres no charge against meriweather or connection to him outside of the fact that it took place in his home. but damn, dude could not stay away from trouble this offseason
30t6p3b.gif

i have to think with more and more Haynesworth, and Cunningham being back, they should be able to get some more pressure and help out the Secondary.

[table][tr][td]NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (1-0)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Out[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dan Koppen [/td] [td]C[/td] [td]Fibula (DNP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mike Wright [/td] [td]DL[/td] [td]Concussion (DNP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Doubtful[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Questionable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gary Guyton [/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Hamstring (LP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Taylor Price [/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Hamstring (LP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sebastian Vollmer [/td] [td]OL[/td] [td]Back (LP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ryan Wendell [/td] [td]OL[/td] [td]Calf (LP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Probable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Josh Barrett [/td] [td]S[/td] [td]Thumb (LP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Leigh Bodden [/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Back (LP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dane Fletcher [/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Thumb (LP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dan Gronkowski [/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]Hamstring (LP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jerod Mayo [/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Thigh (LP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (1-0)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Out[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Luis Castillo
[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]Tibia (DNP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jonas Mouton[/td] [td]ILB[/td] [td]Shoulder (DNP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Doubtful[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Questionable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Probable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vincent Brown[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Hamstring (FP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Patrick Crayton[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Ankle (FP)[/td][/tr][/table]

charger game:

offense: another impressive game. little slow to put the game away and didn't jump on their throats, but put up big points again. brady, the TEs, branch, welker, and ocho all involved and contributing. the running game with the dagger to close it out. hernandez out anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks now, that's a huge loss. the line continues to do well, hope they keep it up.
defense: continues to get shredded up and down the field, but somehow cinches down in the red zone. less field to cover definitely helps. they've got to get to the QB though, we're not going to survive long playing this way. vince wilfork with the play of the game. awesome. and mayo was flying around and made some huge plays (goal line stop on 4th down and forced the fumble).

bills:
they're rolling...especially their passing attack. no clue how we're going to stop it if we can't get to fitzpatrick. he'll rip us apart, like he did last year. im all for hanging 35 points on a team every week, but i'd rather not HAVE to do it to win games. it'd be nice to know we can win even when our offense isn't clicking. our defensive line and outside rushers NEED to start sacking dudes.

im listening to belichick and brady's press conference. it's clear they know what the bills have and why they've been able to get out to this hot start. hope they just show up ready to go. playing in buffalo can be tough. and god, belichick LOVES fred jackson. talking about him for 10 minutes straight
roll.gif

Damn, Koppen is a huge loss...

Aaron Hernandez has a sprained MCL, supposed to miss a few weeks. Gronk can shoulder the load though.

anyone watch bill belichick a football life? pretty good. cool to see how he interacts with people on and off the field. actually seems like a funny guy when it's not gameday
laugh.gif

wes welker's girl
pimp.gif

tough game today.

no hernandez, chung, haynesworth, dowling, vollmer, wright, and price...all out today

should be a lot of points on the board today. wouldn't be surprised if we try to run the ball more today to keep fitz off the field, but if that doesn't work early, we'll quickly go to the air

legoooooo
pimp.gif

^

Your avy has me depressed. 
30t6p3b.gif
 @ what it's come down to. 
Anyways,leggooooo
pimp.gif
. Oughta be a good game with Buffalo playing the way they're playing. If we can stop their running game,I really like our chances.

THAT was a tough one to swallow. not to take anything away from the bills, but we gave that one away. nonetheless, they're 3-0 and we're not. hats off to them. they're atop the division. 3-0
roll.gif

brady: not his day today. the first pick wasn't the best pass, but just a perfect bounce off woodhead's hands and into the defender's hands. the second one, mckelvin cut off ocho's route nicely, but defintely a ball that could have been thrown better, or not thrown at all. third pick, amazing play by the defender, but another instance of a ball that wasn't perfectly thrown and also too predictable. last pick, off a linemen's head and right to a defender. just one of those days. hopefully the INTs are done after today. it's amazing that the offense still put up 31 points even with those turnover. but their margin for error is way too low, i mean it's clear that 31 points is not enough to win games.

devin mcccourty: what the hell is up with this dude. his head must have swollen up after last year's success. did he work out at all this offseason? he stays getting BEAT play after play. the ONLY play he made was actually a dagger in our back, he stopped fred jackson from scoring at the 1 and allowed the bills to just run the clock out. bench his !@% for a game. idiot.

penalties: too many. WAY too many.

coaching: our final possession...WAY too slow to go down and score. you know our defense isn't going to stop them, so why not score quick to tie it so we have a chance to respond when the bills retake the lead? too many runs on that final drive and too slow. ocho's dropped TD hurt in that it made us run more clock in trying to tie the game. but even before that, way too slow. bill o'brien's playcalling the second half wasn't that great either. poor choices of when to run and how often.

defense: this unit IS the reason we will not do jack in january. they cannot be relied on to make a stop. the offense needs to be PERFECT or near perfect to win games. and by that, i mean they need to score 35+ every game which isn't a recipe for success. your offense turns the ball over 4 times (which yes, puts you in a bad spot) and you can't prevent any of the ensuing bills drives from ending up in points. it doesn't work. and it all starts with pass rush, which is the same reason this defense has sucked for the last 4 years. do you think it's time to draft/sign an elite outside rusher, bill? i think it might be...

I usally dont post in here but i wanted to see how other pats fans reacted to the loss. I agree with what you said but i think we take it for granted that we can score on just about anyone. we have found ways to struggle against the bills in both previous seasons. two years ago if it wasnt for the idiot who took the ball out on a kickoff and fumbled we wouldve lost at home. Last year i remember one of the games were pretty close too and we were down for some time.

We need to look to feature law firm more back there. It runs the clock down and opens up the pass more. Bills were rushing 3 and we are still passing the ball. At the end of the day its just one game and we shouldve took the W. When we dropped the ball cleveland last year it helped us.

As for McCourty, no way should this guy be a captain. He has no fire and is getting torched. Vincent jackson i didnt mind so much bc he is a great player but today come on. I was actually excited to think bodden/mccourty would be a good duo. I was also happy when we got rid of darius butler but theres no way he could play any worse than our Db's right now

Im curious to see how we come back next week. Will oakland torch us in the pass game? Will mcfadden/bush run all over us? If we give them short 3rd downs they will i believe. How will seymour react? I wonder how many holding calls logan mankins will get next week.

^ exactly man. what happens if we can only score 24 points? or 17? automatic loss

as for next week...we're USUALLY good after a loss. bill is gonna lay into them tomorrow

Part of me wants to really believe that this is not really your QB right now...

yeah-no-!

But on the other hand I want so badly for it to be him.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom