The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Project Power was cool. Should've hinted at a sequel and left that door open. Jamie did his thing as an action hero, dont know why he didn't/doesn't do more of those in between the Oscar level roles.
I thought they did hint at a sequel.
The Spanish boss got away with a case food of the pills even though her second in command got killed
Happy to see Jenson is getting another gig so soon after Supernatural. I watched all seasons except for the final one.
The bckstory on Soilder Boy
Origin
Soldier Boy is a parody of Captain America and supposedly second in command of Payback. He is easily frightened and weak willed. In the first issue of Herogasm he was shown after having sex with Homelander who assured him that it wasn't gay and told him not to speak about it to anyone. Homelander had apparently pressured Soldier Boy into having sex with him by offering the possibility of joining the Seven. He was seen with Payback during the attack on The Boys, where he had his nose bitten off. After his encounter with The Boys, he is shown to be a prisoner of Butcher who is torturing him for information.

In The Boys #53 it is revealed, that there was another Soilder Boy before him, who was supposed to fight in World War II. The first Soldier Boy was introduced to the young commander Greg Mallory as leader of The Avenging Squad, a parody of the Invaders. Because of Soldier Boy's stupidity and lack of training, both Mallory's soldiers and the Avenging Squad get killed by Germans, Mallory himself is the sole survivor of the incident. When he finds the severely wounded Soldier Boy, who's begging for help, he kills him with a grenade in cold blood.
Also, checked out Lovecraft Country on HBO. I can't remember the last time last a show had me on the edge of my seat, especially the first episode. That was.....incredible. The opening scene had me glued.
Need to find me a way to "procure" access because I refuse to buy another streaming service. Watchmen on HBO or Starz, if HBO maybe I will wait until Lovecraft finishes for the season and binge both.

The Spanish boss got away with a case food of the pills even though her second in command got killed
Happy to see Jenson is getting another gig so soon after Supernatural. I watched all seasons except for the final one.
Yeah but that case will run out. At best that's a sequel with a lot of action and violence. Maybe the good guys beat the bad guys type story or maybe they place one bad guy in a heroic light to take out the other worse drug cartels or corrupt gov.

The bckstory on Soilder Boy
Origin
Soldier Boy is a parody of Captain America and supposedly second in command of Payback. He is easily frightened and weak willed. In the first issue of Herogasm he was shown after having sex with Homelander who assured him that it wasn't gay and told him not to speak about it to anyone. Homelander had apparently pressured Soldier Boy into having sex with him by offering the possibility of joining the Seven. He was seen with Payback during the attack on The Boys, where he had his nose bitten off. After his encounter with The Boys, he is shown to be a prisoner of Butcher who is torturing him for information.

In The Boys #53 it is revealed, that there was another Soilder Boy before him, who was supposed to fight in World War II. The first Soldier Boy was introduced to the young commander Greg Mallory as leader of The Avenging Squad, a parody of the Invaders. Because of Soldier Boy's stupidity and lack of training, both Mallory's soldiers and the Avenging Squad get killed by Germans, Mallory himself is the sole survivor of the incident. When he finds the severely wounded Soldier Boy, who's begging for help, he kills him with a grenade in cold blood.

Need to find me a way to "procure" access because I refuse to buy another streaming service. Watchmen on HBO or Starz, if HBO maybe I will wait until Lovecraft finishes for the season and binge both.
I don't even think supernatural has finished yet. They still had a few episodes left to film. That show is never gonna die. :lol:

Only reason why I finished the series :lol:

the order sister is nice too
Yeah, the older sister is mean and it makes her hotter.

Melissa Barrera needs better implants though. Small implants looking like perfectly round grapefruits don't look that good. Def need her to be in a lot more stuff to watch.

Depends on what we're comparing.

Writing: Avatar and Evangelion > DBZ

Themes: Evangelion > Avatar > DBZ

Plot: Evangelion > Avatar > DBZ

Fight scenes: Avatar > DBZ > Evangelion

Villains: DBZ > Evangelion > Avatar
I haven't watched evangelion in years but kinda remember the main complaint was the last few episodes / the ending not making sense.

Yeah but that case will run out. At best that's a sequel with a lot of action and violence. Maybe the good guys beat the bad guys type story or maybe they place one bad guy in a heroic light to take out the other worse drug cartels or corrupt gov.
Yeah but I figure they would figure out how to refine it a la Limitless and we have a world of super powered cartel members. Or they take the story to Mexico and they fight against the super power cartel members.
I don't even think supernatural has finished yet. They still had a few episodes left to film. That show is never gonna die. :lol:
This was/is the last season, they had about 3/4 episodes to film before everything shut down. Plus a season 3 of the boys won't start taping for at least another year after things start opening up.

They probably can't film again for probably a year or more. cw might be like maybe we should continue until season 20.

Just watched a film on Netflix called "calibre"

It's a thriller about 2 dudes that go deer hunting in Scotland and s*** goes crazy.
Pretty decent. Good thriller.

I wouldn't read any reviews or anything cuz it would spoil the turning point.

Yeah but I figure they would figure out how to refine it a la Limitless and we have a world of super powered cartel members. Or they take the story to Mexico and they fight against the super power cartel members.
I mean sure they could come up with some plot to keep things going (imp you'd have to time skip a few years) but as things were established these are pills that only last 5 min and if they pick up not long after they finished the next movie would be the last.

The whole key thing about this is the daughter was the source. Those pills are like temporary catalysts to getting power.

What they need to do is dig in to the other soldiers that were experimented on like the Major and possibly the children of those soldiers.

Watchmen is on HBO so you'll need to wait a couple weeks if your plan is to sub/trial in time to binge both.

Just watched a film on Netflix called "calibre"

It's a thriller about 2 dudes that go deer hunting in Scotland and s*** goes crazy.
Pretty decent. Good thriller.

I wouldn't read any reviews or anything cuz it would spoil the turning point.

This kept popping up in my reccos and I finally watched a week or two ago. **** was crazy. I definitely liked it

I haven't watched evangelion in years but kinda remember the main complaint was the last few episodes / the ending not making sense.
It made perfect sense. It just caught people off guard, which is understandable.

The whole story was just metaphors for psychological trauma and mental health.

Just finished Teenage Bounty Hunters. I really enjoyed it but I can see how it wouldn’t be for everybody.
They left a lot of stuff open for season 2

Doubt it Jenson has The Boys lined up and Jared is Walker Texas Ranger.
That mean they finally ended supernatural? Ain't even mad, they got a consistent 15 yr paycheck with syndication coming in for the rest of their lives.

Project Power 3.5/8 - I didn't mind the first 30 minutes or so. Shout out to JGL for the Steve Gleason jersey that was a nice touch.

Athlete A 6/8 - Heard about this awhile back and just got too it. The secret training facility and the scale of the abuse was insane. All I could think about after was how many people on training staffs are still doing this?

That mean they finally ended supernatural? Ain't even mad, they got a consistent 15 yr paycheck with syndication coming in for the rest of their lives.
Man dudes got NICE residuals off that. I want to say at least two stations running episodes, I'm sure that Netflix check doesn't hurt either. Factor in it looks like they had fun especially when they break the fourth wall in episodes. They had a rumored episode where they teamed up with The Flash.

I can't lie I am actually enjoying The Legend of Korra, originally had it on as background noise when working out. Then found myself watching longer and longer between sets.
MaleFlippantCockatoo-size_restricted.gif

Athlete A 6/8 - Heard about this awhile back and just got too it. The secret training facility and the scale of the abuse was insane. All I could think about after was how many people on training staffs are still doing this?
I been meaning to watch it but trying to wait for my wife, about to just watch it without her.

Was talking with a Client today and he was telling me about a Doc on NETFLIX that paints the Kirk Cobain suicide as a possible Courtney Love murder, but definitely not suicide.

Joint was directed by a Gent named Benjamin Statler

I clicked on his Projects and he did a Film called Hello Herman, has anybody seen it?
Joint looked kind of Fire.
Had dude with the MotoBike from Walking Dead.

Finishing Nightcrawler, dude is crazy he just got the home invasion. WOW.
Gotta give Korra another chance, I can't stand teenage angst on film and I remember it having way too many moments of it.
I get that feeling, but since it is a cartoon I allow it. Only working on season 1.

Just finished NightCrawler Jake was crazy. Wife and I watched a show a few years back that was the actual guys from Nightcrawler. Show was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom