The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I'll check it out after I get off work. A member of Omega Psi Phi made the movie so I doubt it's as bad as some other greeks are thinking. I just don't want it to be one of those situations where people try to make us black greeks out to be some type of savages that just like to humiliate people and all that other bullcrap.

I rather focus on the story of the strong young men, and brotherhood that's reflected in the movie....

I came away respecting Greek culture....more than I ever did after watching this movie. And it came from seeing the interpersonal bonds and growth that I didn't see.

Greek life was never my thing, and it's highly problematic in many ways.....but there is a lot of good in there.

I think if you go into the movie with a different perception, other than (I hope this doesn't make black Greeks look bad), it'll be a much Moreno enjoyable watch.

Originally Posted by Paulwest1985  

Bout to binge watch the **** out of Love season 2 tonight. 
Originally Posted by iamDEF  

Started watching the first season again last night and forgot how I hate how awkward the main guy is
I did the same thing last night. I noticed that Gus had some fine women he could have gotten with (chick with the addidas shirt on at the party, the actress chick from the show, berdie, and those 2 naked chicks from the 1st episode) but his damn neuroticism and self loathing blocked his blessings. 

Yeah plus he got a nose that can sniff a kilo of cocaine in one attempt.
Man it's a major distraction, he must smell good cause looks and personality wise he UUBER square

I did the same thing last night. I noticed that Gus had some fine women he could have gotten with (chick with the addidas shirt on at the party, the actress chick from the show, berdie, and those 2 naked chicks from the 1st episode) but his damn neuroticism and self loathing blocked his blessings. 
I'll give him a pass on them first two chicks, only Future and a few other guys don't mind if they real sisters.

But that actress that he bagged was his best catch and he fumbled that

Man it's a major distraction, he must smell good cause looks and personality wise he UUBER square

I'll give him a pass on them first two chicks, only Future and a few other guys don't mind if they real sisters.

But that actress that he bagged was his best catch and he fumbled that
pissed me off how badly he dropped the ball on that one. Dude could have been smashing mickey and her. 

pissed me off how badly he dropped the ball on that one. Dude could have been smashing mickey and her. 
with her he didn't need Mickey. He was gettin' topped off in the middle of an empty studio talkin about NOTHING. I was so confused and heated

His type of comedy hasn't worked for the last decade. I'll see him on a show for an interview and he tries so hard to be funny by talking in stupid voices and juvenile jokes.

Terrace House part 2 is being released first week of April.
Good stuff. Caught myself watching 5 episodes straight before I had to stop realizing there's only 8 total episodes for part 1. Now I can finish part 1 :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
love byke :nthat:

:lol: at her roomate getting her back blown.

Last edited:
love season 2

dis dude zig zagging away from the cops :rofl:

Last edited:
This ain't the Official Love Season 2 thread so put your thoughts in spoilers please :D

Bout to binge watch the **** out of Love season 2 tonight. 

Started watching the first season again last night and forgot how I hate how awkward the main guy is

reason why i can't get into silicon valley...

that and plus the show sucks.

Last edited:
Man Silicon Valley is tough!

Thems fighting words bruh!

And yea Franc, put the spoilers in the Love thread, unless you want to see these hands too.

(I can't fight, I'd die before 45seconds passed)

Just finished Love season 2. It was :smokin. This had me invested from start to finish. But imma wait before I expound any further until Yall get caught up. We gotta talk about that ending.

Just started season 2 now. Forgot that mickey bae hooks up with weird looking dudes on this show. gus, her ex, and her boss. Kinda makes sense since she's a sex addict. That scene with her boss was funny.

Bertie so cute.

Last edited:
my bad yall :\ ill wait for people to catch up. only watched 2 episodes so far.

There was very little that was enjoyable about Burning Sands, for me.

The positives that can be pulled from this film are too light, and Not because there weren't enough of them or that they were poorly done.
They were in fact well written and handled genuinely, it's just that they are overpowered by what's shown to be a scummy brotherhood that requires more than sacrifice and humility, they are....too much.

I hated this film, there's no feel good to it at all.
Outside of one shining moment where the Professor asks Zurich to lead the frat into the future in a better way, it's just more scum around each new corner that is turned. Heaps of scum and it's inescapable.
This leads me to believe there is an intended point, and it's not to shine light on or bring credit to Greek Houses or Frats.

School Daze>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom