The Official NBA Season Thread: Pre-Season Games Underway | RIP Dikembe Mutombo 🙏

I was talking to a girlfriend of mine who is a huge MTV Challenge fan. We text back and forth a lot during those seasons, but kinda radio silence otherwise. However, I first met her probably around 2012-ish. She's a big NBA fan, and told me (then) her team was the Spurs. Yesterday, I said "no bar is showing The Challenge anytime soon, so let's watch the Spurs season opener against Dallas. You choose the bar". She asked how I knew she was a Spurs fan. I said "I ain't forgot!" I remember every NBA fan I meet and their team. There's no romantic interest, but she was really taken aback by the fact I knew what team she rooted for. Looking forward to opening week.

Bruh I cant believe that Challenge stuff is still going on. I seen CT on a promo vid. He gotta be pushing 50 by now.

I saw a Number 8 "Walker" Celtics Jersey today, no one but me thought it was Antoine... Everyone thought it was Kemba.

That's a weird Jersey

Stack ain’t lie. And he definitely was a starter on the 2003 Spurs #1 ranked defensive team. As a matter of fact, they were top 3 both his seasons there :lol:

Stack ain’t lie. And he definitely was a starter on the 2003 Spurs #1 ranked defensive team. As a matter of fact, they were top 3 both his seasons there :lol:
Man that's like writing your name on a group assignment when you are paired with the smartest person in the class.

He can't do that. Hell nah man.

Man that's like writing your name on a group assignment when you are paired with the smartest person in the class.

He can't do that. Hell nah man.

He was a starter and the 3rd leading scorer behind TP and Duncan that season. And he showed out in the playoffs. I vividly remember.

Also started 24/24 playoff games and was the 3rd leading scorer. He’s the reason they chose to bring Ginobili off the bench….

Another solid NBA Podcast of washed up athletes talking about nothing is the Forgotten Seasons podcast with Jelani McCoy. Their guests speak on specific seasons so it's a more specialized convo.

If all you care about is NBA Free Agency and don't give a damn about the actual sport/history, this isn't for you.

It's been around for a few years so you can go back and look at the past guests.

He was a starter and the 3rd leading scorer behind TP and Duncan that season. And he showed out in the playoffs. I vividly remember.

Also started 24/24 playoff games and was the 3rd leading scorer. He’s the reason they chose to bring Ginobili off the bench….
He was a role player Point blank.

He doesn't have the right to call out other people under the premise of, "Don't talk unless your team was a Top Defense." That argument FROM HIM doesn't make an ounce of sense.

He was a role player Point blank.

He doesn't have the right to call out other people under the premise of, "Don't talk unless your team was a Top Defense." That argument FROM HIM doesn't make an ounce of sense.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I ain’t even the biggest fan of post-NBA Stack Jack but dude was a FACTOR. Role player or not, he’s still entitled to speak. You sound foolish.

Dude was a part of two top 3 defenses with the Spurs. Helped them win a ring as well, so…..

If he doesn’t have the right to call anyone out, who does???

Buddy had 7 20+ points games during the Spurs 02/03 playoff run. They needed him

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I ain’t even the biggest fan of post-NBA Stack Jack but dude was a FACTOR. Role player or not, he’s still entitled to speak. You sound foolish.

Dude was a part of two top 3 defenses with the Spurs. Helped them win a ring as well, so…..

If he doesn’t have the right to call anyone out, who does???
Star players are the only people that have the right to speak like that. He never even made an all star. Even then, they need to be careful with their words.

Role players need to stay on their place. With the Spurs, he was a role player. (Played a larger role with the Pacers of course but he still needs to watch how he speaks).

Again, he doesn't have the right to call out folks as if his name would be written in the history of basketball book other than his involvement in the brawl.

?

Buddy had 7 20+ points games during the Spurs 02/03 playoff run. They needed him
Great Teams need role players.

I am NOT arguing they did/didn't need him before you tell yourself that's what this convo is about.

The Spurs needed Jack.
The Spurs needed Jack.
The Spurs needed Jack.

Pacers defense was also elite. JO & Artest were the main catalysts but Jack was a key piece
Not denying that by any stretch.

I am simply saying he needs to know his place because by the premise of his argument he is telling hall of fame players that were elite at their positions that they aren't allowed to call themselves hoopers.

Rare W by Gilbert. This is the same bad take people throw around about Luka and Steve Nash.

"Why are you talking it personally"

"I'm not, but I'm saying 'do you fit the criteria of the person he's talking about"

Stephen Jackson does not.

Rare W by Gilbert. This is the same bad take people throw around about Luka and Steve Nash.
The whole Hoopers vs. Basketball Players convo kills me man.

According to Jack, neither one of them can claim to be hoopers. :lol:

Again, stupid. Both of those dudes are HALL OF FAMERS.

Who the hell is Jack to tell them they aren't hoopers based on something he just created in real time.

Dumb.

"Why are you talking it personally"

"I'm not, but I'm saying 'do you fit the criteria of the person he's talking about"

Stephen Jackson does not.

Saying certain players don’t play defense is a bad take?

Gil and others literally have called out Rudy Gobert… who actually makes an effort to play defense.

Draymond has made most his hay on defense and continues to get praised for being a great defender.

Y’all always pick and choose :lol: :lol:

Steve and Luka can be GREAT offensive players…. And terrible defenders. That’s OKAY

Steve and Luka can be GREAT offensive players…. And terrible defenders. That’s OKAY
Are those two players Hoopers? Because that's what all of this is about.

Jack creating a criteria to qualify/disqualify certain folks from being considered hoopers.

Are Nash/Luka hoopers? Why/Why not?

Back
Top Bottom