The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Play with fire and you might get burned
9zy7x0_th (2).png

The L.A. Bulls coming soon after Demar signs for the MLE

Rob gonna find it hard to pass on a future FRP from CHI for taking Zach off their hands
fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_7-1-2024_8-38-23PM.png

Lavine / AR / Bronny
DeRozan / Christie
Bron / Knecht / Reddish
AD / Wood
Vucevic / Hayes

Catching up after a flight this morning and being onsite all day…and 30 pages later I’m realizing I really hope none of y’all are CPAs dealing with real money after these comments about Klay going to Dallas and his money.

Talking about property taxes like the 1% increase coming to Dallas is a huge impact, when properties are significantly cheaper. Blaming property taxes being high but not mentioning the 12.3% state income rate on money EARNED vs property owned. Acting like Klay is going to live here long-term and not just rent a place for 3 years (which is still significantly cheaper than LA for a place he will “live” half the year).

If some of y’all gave me investment/tax advice I’d be so ****** :lol:

Minus the ocean views (with no beach access, but I’ll admit the views are pretty damn nice) from his current $2.2MM Dana Point home, he can buy a similar $1MM in Dallas closer than 1 hour from the stadium pretty easily. And not have to give up an extra 12.3% of his salary. He’s pocketing several millions of dollars per season being in Dallas vs taking the higher salary in LA.

Last edited:
And Klay already owns a place in CA, so it’s not really a factor for him…but gotta think LeBron striking out on a lot of guys has to do with the Cali jock tax too. I’m very left wing and agree with measures to restrict outside property ownership, but that’s just another tax to have to consider for players coming for just the season.

Not really all that interested in off-season stuff (until the new TV deal and expansion is announced), so I've been watching a ton of old Sonics videos of the Kemp/Payton years. George Karl is a Hall of Fame coach, but, man, did he blow it in playoff situations. Took three franchises to conference finals (one of them twice, and to a finals), but he was so bad at Xs and Os and adjustments. Also, Shawn Kemp deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. He was straight up the best player in 1996 Finals. Kemp even said recently that Rodman was the reason the Bulls won in 1996, not MJ. MJ had his worst finals, by far.

*thank for listening to my TED Talk.

Draymond is the epitome of diminishing returns

Who knows what happens in that Cleveland series if he didn’t feel the need to hit steven adams in the nuts multiple times AND then nut shot his bff Lebron

And maybe if dude could just control himself around an all timer in KD who just made the finals not even a contest for them

Or how about throwing away a whole season AND still blaming dude because a grown man with kids in his 30s who talks a ton of shh can’t take a timeout talking a little trash

Why would anyone with options sign up for that headache

Back
Top Bottom