The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

I am all for x player getting the biggest bag they can get, but in KT’s case they paid this man for two seasons whole he was out with injury and even then until the last straw they didn’t bench him when it became evident he wasn’t what he was pre 2019 nba finals out of respect to him. So this feeling of feelin like there was disrespect is crazy (if that’s the case).

It can always be flipped into the players being the oppressed ones vs. The big bad owners. But you are 100% correct.

I am all for x player getting the biggest bag they can get, but in KT’s case they paid this man for two seasons whole he was out with injury and even then until the last straw they didn’t bench him when it became evident he wasn’t what he was pre 2019 nba finals out of respect to him. So this feeling of feelin like there was disrespect is crazy (if that’s the case).

I disagree with Klay taking it personal. That’s my only gripe about him. You’ve already cemented yourself as one of the guys of your era. Business is business, but ummm…. He helped feed a LOTTTT of Warriors executives and their family’s. The nucleus of him, Dray and Steph revived that franchise.

He earned the money and the respect. Literally built a new arena because of his contributions. The value of the franchise went from like bottom of the NBA to top 5 :lol: :lol:

Their value as a franchise increased like 1000% in 10 years

Last edited:
If Bron really takes a paycut, it could be signing Klay with the NTMLE which is about $12M or they could do a S&T.

1000006086.png
I fully support the Clippers not pulling the trigger. The packages the Warriors were offering just weren’t good enough to justify sending PG to a division rival.

IDK, if Kuminga, a first and Paul was offered, I might've taken that. But maybe I'm higher on Kuminga than others.
Good offer for Clips if they were to move off from PG. They need youth and picks badly. Kuminga had a solid season and showed improvements in his game this year

Yea, the fact that I still don’t know if he can be the third best guy on a contender and now I need to pay him would worry me.
Not sure what Kuminga's market rate is (maybe $150M range over five years?), but the Clippers have needed an athletic, physical forward to compliment their skill guys for awhile. I would've rolled the dice. Paul is just salary fodder that you can shop in February or let expire next summer. Then you get a first from an old team.

I can't just let George walk out the door with everything they've committed previously.

Not sure what Kuminga's market rate is (maybe $150M range over five years?), but the Clippers have needed an athletic, physical forward to compliment their skill guys for awhile. I would've rolled the dice. Paul is just salary fodder that you can shop in February or let expire next summer. Then you get a first from an old team.

I can't just let George walk out the door with everything they've committed previously.
To me, the additional flexibility that comes with not making that deal is as good as replacing PG with Kuminga and a pick that's either going to middle to late first round or far out in the future.

Back
Top Bottom