The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who did the 3-peat Lakers beat though? A.I., Dikembe, aaand...? Reggie who's second best player was Jalen Rose? This GSW team is waaay better. Plus Kobe had SHAQ. A top 10 all-time talent.

For the people giving Kyrie the credit for drilling that 3 in Steph's grill. What about the shots that D Fish and Horry made?

But how is this Kobe or Shaq's fault though? They were presented with the teams to beat, and beat them.

It doesn't matter who they beat and how poor those teams were. They 3 peated. Pretty safe to say they would have been a lot of good teams.

You just can;t say someone is better because of the teams they beat. You can say more impressive, sure, but better? No. Pretty sure the Lakers would have an easier time with the teams that faced the Cavs this playoffs. Are you willing to say the Lakers wouldn't have beaten the Warriors had they played?

I doubt it.

It works both ways though. A young LeBron who was in like his fourth season took a team of scrubs to the finals to play the beast of a Spurs team. We could hypothesize the Lakers playing better teams and LeBron playing worse teams.

But what LeBron did is unprecedented and he didn't have a prime Shaq or was the favorite expected to win. So Bron needs to play worse teams, with an all-time top 10 great, while getting easier roads to rings to be considered better?

i've always enjoyed the NBA. my favorite player as a youngin was AI, and then deron williams 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

but watching miami lebron just made basketball much more enjoyable for me, I'll probably never see another player dominate the game like that ever again. 

It works both ways though. A young LeBron who was in like his fourth season took a team of scrubs to the finals to play the beast of a Spurs team. We could hypothesize the Lakers playing better teams and LeBron playing worse teams.

But what LeBron did is unprecedented and he didn't have a prime Shaq or was the favorite expected to win. So Bron needs to play worse teams, with an all-time top 10 great, while getting easier roads to rings to be considered better?

what Lebron did was great (better yet, what the Cavs did). But how can you say anything about Kobe and Shaq and who they played as if what they did was less worthy than what Lebron did?

I was trying to go with the "weaker" Lebron as an argument.

Bron would have done just fine with Shaq. Still would have 3peated. We know the Cavs outcome had they had Kobe during Cavs part 1 days.
Subjective. Whole lot of other factors at play. You cant just replace player A with B and definitively say the exact same results would take place

Subjective. Whole lot of other factors at play. You cant just replace player A with B and definitively say the exact same results would take place

I agree but in this scenario I don't get why you dudes keep acting like they wouldn't work. If Bron drives in, it would draw shaqs man off him. If not, Bron gets the easy dunk or lay up.

what everyone is saying here is subjective and an opinion! Thats what i'm trying to say

But its safe to say Lakers 3 peat with Lebron. Hell, Shaq wouldn't have ever left! Lebron would let the big fella do his thing. Also safe to say Kobe isn't taking the Cavs to the finals against the Spurs too. Or am I way off?

I think i will stop. We're going in circles.

Last edited:
I agree but in this scenario I don't get why you dudes keep acting like they wouldn't work. If Bron drives in, it would draw shaqs man off him. If not, Bron gets the easy dunk or lay up.

seriously. Its not like we're saying Melo. We're talking Lebron here. One of the best team oriented superstars ever. He fits on any team. He'll adapt.

what Lebron did was great (better yet, what the Cavs did). But how can you say anything about Kobe and Shaq and who they played as if what they did was less worthy than what Lebron did?

No one's done what LeBron did. He led every statistical category in the finals and won an "unwinnable" match with the most winningest team in league history with the only unanimous MVP and being down 1-3. And he got Mo Williams a ring.

Kobe and Shaq had each other and dominated teams they were favorites over.

what everyone is saying here is subjective and an opinion! Thats what i'm trying to say

But its safe to say Lakers 3 peat with Lebron. Hell, Shaq wouldn't have ever left! Lebron would let the big fella do his thing. Also safe to say Kobe isn't taking the Cavs to the finals against the Spurs too. Or am I way off?

That's basically saying Bron is better.

No one's done what LeBron did. He led every statistical category in the finals and won an "unwinnable" match with the most winningest team in league history with the only unanimous MVP and being down 1-3. And he got Mo Williams a ring.

Kobe and Shaq had each other and dominated teams they were favorites over.

Thats great! But its not the reason why Lebron is better than Kobe!!!

Maybe you are not understanding me? I feel like I'm saying something very basic.

Lebron beating a very good team, down 3-1 with no home court advantage is NOT the reason why Lebron is now better than Kobe.

There's no singular reason why LeBron is better, but what LeBron just did certainly helps his cause.

I guess I don't know what you're saying. :\

Last edited:
Kobe wouldn't take that 07 cavs squads to the finals. lol

can anyone really say that kobe elevates his teammates game like bron?

Phil said it himself that kobe can't.. but then again his opinion isn't the only one that matters. 

Klay the type of dude to come in 2nd place in a race & say "I still think I'm the fastest in the world."

Those 2007 Cavs didnt even face a team that was over .500 till the ECF. The Pistons were the only legitimate competition in the Eastern Conference

There's no singular reason why LeBron is better, but what LeBron just did certainly helps his cause.

I guess I don't know what you're saying. :\

What he did could sway some who were on the fence between the two.

Basically, Lebron didn't get better since last season. Circumstances were different, the ball bounced their way a few times to help, ball went in the basket in certain situations.

It was just their time.

Kobe wouldn't take that 07 cavs squads to the finals. lol

can anyone really say that kobe elevates his teammates game like bron?

Phil said it himself that kobe can't.. but then again his opinion isn't the only one that matters. 

See this is where the hyperbole and hypotheticals start to irritate me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom