The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron's best seasons were clearly better than Kobe's best seasons. Cumulative numbers/longevity is the only pro-Kobe argument there is, and even then LeBron will surpass those eventually. But LeBron's peak was very clearly higher.

Last edited:
[quote name="lakersman3000"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]I hate the 'Did you watch them play?' rebuttal.

I've never seen Leonardo DaVinci or George Washington Carver, but I know they were fairly inventive people.

I've never seen Albert Einstein, but I know he was pretty smart.

'Oh, that's because you know the results of their work.'

Exactly.

Know the results of their work.

Exactly.[/QUOTE]comparing art to sports. bad analogy . miss me with that. [/quote]Did I compare art to sports? I thought I was comparing someone I had never seen to someone I had never seen.

Wait, that's exactly what I did.

I've said for years on here that it's easy to see people put names behind what they're trying to say and dismiss it fairly easily by turning it into some abstract comparison that wasn't really made. It's an easy deflection.

Last edited:
LeBron surpassed Kobe a while ago IMO.

Miami Bron is probably the best player I've ever seen in live action.

LeBron's best seasons were clearly better than Kobe's best seasons. Cumulative numbers/longevity is the only pro-Kobe argument there is, and even then LeBron will surpass those eventually. But LeBron's peak was very clearly higher.
This, but Kobes peak seasons will forever be more entertaining. Cause shooting bad shots is just crazy fun to watch.

[quote name="awyea"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]LeBron James has never been swept in the finals, either.[/QUOTE]??? Did 2007 never happen?[/quote]I just looked it up before posting to make sure I was right, but in 2007, the San Antonio Spurs swept the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Do your history books show that the San Antonio Spurs swept LeBron James? I suggest getting new history books, then.

I think cavs fans can go ahead and enjoy this time. But Bryant got all his rings with one team and never got swept in a finals

Not even sure how Kobe winning rings with one team is more impressive when Bron went to two different teams and led them both to rings as evident by his finals mvp award he received each time. You acting like he went to another team to get carried to some rings or something as if he wasn't the one that led them

LeBron surpassed Kobe a while ago IMO.

Miami Bron is probably the best player I've ever seen in live action.

2013 Lebron is still the best two way player in modern history.

It's a crime he didn't win Unanimous MVP because some douche bag NY reporter voted for Carmelo

Last edited:
:smh: there's still people that think Kobe is better??? Lmao

Let me know when Kobe led his team back from a 3-1 deficit with no home court advantage.

Better yet, let me know when Kobe led a playoff series, let alone the finals, in damn near every statistical category not just on his team but the opposing team as well.

I'm in the Lebron is better than Kobe group, but not because of the statements above. Winning down 3-1 with no home court advantage isn't the reason why Lebron is better. Leading in every statistical category also isn't a reason why Lebron is better. These have no bearing.

Lebron is just better because he's, plain and simple, a better basketball player.

[quote name="casper90403"][quote name="lakersman3000"]comparing art to sports tell me how great mikan is , tell me about the big O ,

. bad analogy . miss me with that. 
[/quote]Yeah, very bad.[/quote]Not even trying.

It's a terrible comparison because it's true but you don't want it to be.

If I would have just said that there are literally thousands of people that we all compliment despite never having seen them or even being alive in their time, you would simply agree. But put names behind that concept and it's a terrible analogy/comparison. :lol:

Cmon bro 
I just looked it up before posting to make sure I was right, but in 2007, the San Antonio Spurs swept the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Do your history books show that the San Antonio Spurs swept LeBron James? I suggest getting new history books, then.
Cmon bro

Come on forreal.

Last edited:
I'm in the Lebron is better than Kobe group, but not because of the statements above. Winning down 3-1 with no home court advantage isn't the reason why Lebron is better. Leading in every statistical category also isn't a reason why Lebron is better. These have no bearing.

Lebron is just better because he's, plain and simple, a better basketball player.

Imo, those are just some of the reasons to why he's better.

He proved that when he's faced with the probably the second biggest adversity in nba basketball (being down 3-0 with no home court would be the only thing that trumps this adversity, imo), he didn't fold but instead went God mode and straight up did literally everything on the basketball court a player can do. Kobe never did it.

Not even trying.

It's a terrible comparison because it's true but you don't want it to be.

If I would have just said that there are literally thousands of people that we all compliment despite never having seen them or even being alive in their time, you would simply agree. But put names behind that concept and it's a terrible analogy/comparison.
laugh.gif
your comparing sports to things like inventors or other and totally different things. apples to oranges.

like i said tell me how great mikan is , or the big O is by they stats. you having never been able to seeing them play. horrible analogy my dude.

sorry but just cause you say its true doesnt mean it is. 

Last edited:
Imo, those are just some of the reasons to why he's better.

He proved that when he's faced with the probably the second biggest adversity in nba basketball (being down 3-0 with no home court would be the only thing that trumps this adversity, imo), he didn't fold but instead went God mode and straight up did literally everything on the basketball court a player can do. Kobe never did it.

He did it this time. That matters but in 2014 he was shown 3-1 and went out in 5.

Art is something that's still an on paper, wall, books, etc. I don't have to be in 1500's to realize art is beautiful.

I just can't truly say Bill Russell is a top 5 player without seeing anything more than a few highlights. I can say top 50 because its not nearly as specific.

I might have watched 10 minutes of Bill Russell or Wilt highlights in my lifetime. What the hell do i really know?

Art, music, you don't have to be from that era to give a true opinion about it. Sports, I do think you need to watch more than a few highlights to have an educated opinion.

My opinion. Its why i rarely venture into sports threads. At 41, I just feel stupid arguing with a 20 year about the 80's and 90's era of basketball. How can i argue with someone about Magic/Bird/Malone when they were still in the nut sack? Because they watched NBA TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom