The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Whats up boss. Nah im here at USSOUTHCOM. The only OS here boss love it too cause I be in my own world. Where you at?

damn that sounds like good orders. is that a quad zero or GCCS billet I'm assuming? I'm on shore duty at an aegis command in NJ filling an AIC SUP billet.

damn that sounds like good orders. is that a quad zero or GCCS billet I'm assuming? I'm on shore duty at an aegis command in NJ filling an AIC SUP billet.

quad 0 billet I lucked up and got these orders man, I was in Bahrain before here on a PC. NJ that's whats up how is that? civs do GCCS here making sure I stay in networking mode cause its pretty easy to get a job here once I retire.

quad 0 billet I lucked up and got these orders man, I was in Bahrain before here on a PC. NJ that's whats up how is that? civs do GCCS here making sure I stay in networking mode cause its pretty easy to get a job here once I retire.

yeah it's a good set of orders. right next door to philly and NYC is only an hour and a half drive away w/o traffic.

I see u made board. congrats on that accomplishment. is this your 1st time up for chief? do u plan on sending in a package also? if u need a package review or info on what the board is looking for as far as OS wise let me know.

yeah it's a good set of orders. right next door to philly and NYC is only an hour and a half drive away w/o traffic.

I see u made board. congrats on that accomplishment. is this your 1st time up for chief? do u plan on sending in a package also? if u need a package review or info on what the board is looking for as far as OS wise let me know.

Thx boss, yeah 3rd time taking the exam 1st time BD eligible. Yeah im gonna send a package I have to beef it up ya know, working on this IDW pin here to add to it. Oh yeah ill take all insight I can get boss. Thx for that!!

My chain of command is talking about an EOT Comm, I hope that doesn't get bumped down, I really been wanting one of those for several years, but I have hope.

My chain of command is talking about an EOT Comm, I hope that doesn't get bumped down, I really been wanting one of those for several years, but I have hope.

that's a big award. will u get it awarded it to u before the package cutoff date in May?

Man...I was up for an EOT award last September. The unit usually gives MSMs for E7s and above. My problem was I switched work sections a few months before, my previous civilian supervisor was a turd and I was now working for a USMC Capt.

My MSM got bumped down to a COMM. It wasn't a big deal but the principle of it all pissed me off. Even the SES in charge of the directorate was like doesn't this senior NCO rate higher. But it's all good. Just reinforces I'll always take care of my troops...especially if they're working hard and covering my 6.

Well back to the suck of the Quantico Highlands.

Thx boss, yeah 3rd time taking the exam 1st time BD eligible. Yeah im gonna send a package I have to beef it up ya know, working on this IDW pin here to add to it. Oh yeah ill take all insight I can get boss. Thx for that!!
yeah defintely get that IDW before the cutoff date. over the past 5 years the majority of the OSCs they've been selecting are ASTAC or AIC and with heavy AEGIS and BMD experience. 

last year the only OSCM on the chiefs board was an ASTAC so you can imagine that's what a majority of the selectees were.  

So I'm going to Bahrain in a few months, and all I keep hearing is just go and do what you have to do and your eval will be fine, I'm like what does that even mean, it is only for a year, but whatever.

So I'm going to Bahrain in a few months, and all I keep hearing is just go and do what you have to do and your eval will be fine, I'm like what does that even mean, it is only for a year, but whatever.

I haven't been stationed there but heard the same thing. Go make that money.

Just received my 8th NAM, I don't know how I feel about it, but I'll take it because it's going in my package for the board for sure. It wasn't even an EOT, it was for going through the first CONUS CART Inspection for a shore command and we did pretty damn well given the circumstances. But I know that my EOT COM is being routed and that for sure will go in my package, I just have to make sure that I get it prior to the LTB deadline because I leave in June.

8th nam!?! Damn bro! LOL I only have 3.

How is chief looking for you guys?
For MAs it isn't really bad honestly, I just don't know what the hell else they're looking for that I don't have already, but I need to figure it out soon because I'll hit 16 years Tuesday.

For MAs it isn't really bad honestly, I just don't know what the hell else they're looking for that I don't have already, but I need to figure it out soon because I'll hit 16 years Tuesday.

How are the evals? If you got that progression you should be good. I did the MP, low ep, high ep route. But when you sign an eval that days 8 of 288 first classes on a ship, you know you are picking up. Lol

FY17 CPO board precept released, one of the most vague precepts I've seen.

I saw that...very vague. Looks like they are going to piss in the wind for selections this year.

But sustained superior performance, sailorization and community service will almost always get that ticket punched.

The eval I made chief from was a ranked EP. 8 of 288 on a carrier. Didn't need to read the rest...knew the khakis were coming.

I saw that...very vague. Looks like they are going to piss in the wind for selections this year.

But sustained superior performance, sailorization and community service will almost always get that ticket punched.

The eval I made chief from was a ranked EP. 8 of 288 on a carrier. Didn't need to read the rest...knew the khakis were coming.
Especially as an AO, shhheeessshhh!!! Good ish Chief. Did you put in an LDO or CWO package yet?

Lmao at "piss in the wind"!!!

Especially as an AO, shhheeessshhh!!! Good ish Chief. Did you put in an LDO or CWO package yet?

Lmao at "piss in the wind"!!!

Put my package for CWO and didn't get selected but I'm all good. I'll keep applying until I can't anymore. Cut off is 21 so I got 5 more chances.

One of my old gunners went to the board so he gave me some pointers and things to write towards in the package.

I'm going to work on getting some letters of recommendation from some of the bigger guys in the community.

It's always different but the chief community is tough...I'm fighting for an MP bro. LOL But I honestly need to get back out to sea to have a shot at CWO. I'll take this year of shore, and get back out next year. Hoping to get to the TR so I can stay west coast.

I don't know who I have to shank, but for some reason me and a couple of other First Classes checked our OMPF a couple of weeks back and we all had duplicate awards in our OMPF, so we all email the people at PERS so they can delete the duplicate awards out of our OMPFs, this was on the 14th, so yesterday they go and check their records and their duplicates are gone, I check my record and my duplicate is still there, the worst part of all of this, where in the hell did the duplicate even come from? It seems so random that it just randomly appeared.

One of my friends is leaving to France this July to join the French Foreign Legion....................................... Anyone here ever think of doing that???

I aint gawt the ballz plus I'm too old

Put my package for CWO and didn't get selected but I'm all good. I'll keep applying until I can't anymore. Cut off is 21 so I got 5 more chances.

One of my old gunners went to the board so he gave me some pointers and things to write towards in the package.

I'm going to work on getting some letters of recommendation from some of the bigger guys in the community.

It's always different but the chief community is tough...I'm fighting for an MP bro. LOL But I honestly need to get back out to sea to have a shot at CWO. I'll take this year of shore, and get back out next year. Hoping to get to the TR so I can stay west coast.
Lmao, I feel you. And yeah you have plenty of time. My Gunner was a recorder this year also and gave myself and my chief some things to look for when putting in packages that the board looks for. My chief is trying to go LDO though, I'd rather pursue CWO once I put khakis on. Like you said though, those letters of recommendation are key, the Force OHO was at our squadron awhile back just choppin it up with us. All around straightforward good guy.

Lmao, I feel you. And yeah you have plenty of time. My Gunner was a recorder this year also and gave myself and my chief some things to look for when putting in packages that the board looks for. My chief is trying to go LDO though, I'd rather pursue CWO once I put khakis on. Like you said though, those letters of recommendation are key, the Force OHO was at our squadron awhile back just choppin it up with us. All around straightforward good guy.

what did your Gunner say about packages and letters of recommendation? I just got picked up for CWO (712X) and I'd like to hear what he or she has to say. I took a gamble and didn't submit any letters of recommendation. I hear 50/50 opinions regarding submitting them.

Back
Top Bottom