The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Does anyone ever really want VA?

Hey I know folks who are from the east coast and want to stay there.

Some people like the east coast vibe.

Not me. Lol I'm from Cali to staying in SD is the goal. I got one more set of orders probably before I hang it up.

Finally going in for some mental health stuff. Time to really pad this medical record. Need that 100....

So is Jacksonville/Camp Lejuene lol.

And from those Fort Hood articles. That’s like being deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan or Chicago. :/

I live in San Diego and work at Cam Pendleton. I can definitely say weather is nice. And obviously civilization, things to do.

But I preferred being at Meade since I was in the DMV area.

Army seriously needs to get their stuff together. All these young missing soldiers and some how tied to sexual allegations...like what is seriously going on? This is terrible publicity for them.

Hawaii has to be my best duty station. Been stuck on the east for 7 years now. But this is probably where I’ll stay sadly. Since my husband is from here.

the Norfolk area sucks but I enjoyed my TDY in Va Beach.. Im in the DMV area now on Ft. Belvoir and the area is pretty chill being 15min outside of DC

Ft Belvior was about 35 minutes from my house with traffic lol.

I never went to that one Air Force base more ever visited the Coasties when I was there. Annapolis isn’t bad.

Wish I could’ve stayed around there.

Also never been to Hawaii.

Congrats. I hit 19 in May myself.

Why 5.5 years?

I’m a USMC CWO3. Just promoted. Just doing two years than retiring. I joined late. Don’t got the heart for it no more. I could submit for LDO but I don’t want the three year obligation.

Congrats. I hit 19 in May myself.

Why 5.5 years?

I’m a USMC CWO3. Just promoted. Just doing two years than retiring. I joined late. Don’t got the heart for it no more. I could submit for LDO but I don’t want the three year obligation.

We have 6 years of obligated service once we commission. So right now I'm just counting my obligated service.

I like your guys WO program a much better than ours. What's your field? I have worked hand and hand with USMC Aviation and Ground Ordnance Officers.

I’m in Newport News VA.. only been out a couple of times as I don’t have my vehicle (flew here)

the actual base is boring asf...like really boring... I usually go to Norfolk or va beach which is a hour away on the weekends. I still don’t know what unit I will be assigned to... hopefully it will be the one at fort story which is in VA beach

We have 6 years of obligated service once we commission. So right now I'm just counting my obligated service.

I like your guys WO program a much better than ours. What's your field? I have worked hand and hand with USMC Aviation and Ground Ordnance Officers.

Im a network engineer. I respect your program more. Can’t become a WO until you’re a chief and have seasoning/flavor in your job. Maturity. It’s 8 year minimum and anyone can apply. I went WO when I was a gunny/E7.

I’ll say not a fan of that obligated service though lol. If so I’d have to stay until 22 years...I’d be eligible for CWO4 by then or could go LDO. But they can have all that.

Im a network engineer. I respect your program more. Can’t become a WO until you’re a chief and have seasoning/flavor in your job. Maturity. It’s 8 year minimum and anyone can apply. I went WO when I was a gunny/E7.

I’ll say not a fan of that obligated service though lol. If so I’d have to stay until 22 years...I’d be eligible for CWO4 by then or could go LDO. But they can have all that.

The obligated service does stink. At the time I applied I also had a great shot at senior chief so I planned to stay at least until 24 because I would have been on shore duty the last 3 years.

5.5 seems like a long time but I'll hit 20 in Feb and it doesn't even seem that long. With a lot of folks in my designator retiring early, I might be able to pick up W4 early which presents a problem. Stay 3 more for high 3 or just leave that extra 1k retirement a month on the table. I plan on not working with I retire so it might be hard to pass that up.

Why do you say that??

Not taking anything away from the claims. My only issue with the article is it tries to insinuate he isn’t being promoted because of his color. Not because of the ridiculous nepotism and politics. He’s outspoken. And it may have created enemies in the process. But I admit, my service is a bunch of good ol boys.

It doesn’t mention BGen Mahlock who is the current USMC CIO. Female and Black.

And props to the Air Force.

Back
Top Bottom