The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

This Vanessa Guillen situation is so tragic. The sad part is that if it were a piece of equipment missing, like an M4 or night vision goggles, no one would have gone home until the piece of equipment was found but this woman can be missing for months without alarms being raised. The family didn't really get any traction until the story was picked up by the media. There has to be more to the story. Who issued the keys to the armory? No one thought it was weird that the armory was open at night? Where is her Company Commander and First sergeant? Her leadership failed her.

Ask yourself this question: If this murder hadn't gotten national attention, do you think the army would have ever solved this case? I don't think so

Last edited:
This Vanessa Guillen situation is so tragic. The sad part is that if it were a piece of equipment missing, like an M4 or night vision goggles, no one would have gone home until the piece of equipment was found but this woman can be missing for months without alarms being raised. The family didn't really get any traction until the story was picked up by the media. There has to be more to the story. Who issued the keys to the armory? No one thought it was weird that the armory was open at night? Where is her Company Commander and First sergeant? Her leadership failed her.
Here’s my take, just my opinion, to me there seems to be a lot being reported that just doesn’t make sense to me. Aside from the points you brought up about the armory being manned at night, my thing is the suspect, so if she was being sexually harassed by her Sgt. then where does this particular suspect factor into the equation, he isn’t a Sgt. so I’m like were they dating and something went wrong, because one report said that she saw pictures in his phone of the lady Aguilar soooo.... was she heated about that and then things got out of hand, and the armory was all bloody, no one noticed that, there’s just so much with this I can’t even begin.

The main suspect killed himself. I've been told shady stuff goes down in Ft Hood by multiple people.

Fort hood is crime central and it’s one of the biggest bases..
Killeen is just not a nice area.

this whole ordeal is just disturbing.. Thr army needs to do a better job with SHARP filing and hold leadership accountable for failing to report findings

So true....
Back in 2003 a 9mm went missing out of our armory OSI got involved and we had to do a grid search in the training field area for it for hours.
I never seen leadership so uptight about a missing pistol.
Back then it was just that...DON'T EVEN LOSE A ROUND OF AMMO..or its an Article 15 for you.
Meanwhile a whole troop goes missing and it took this long.
Disgusting...glad I'm out of the military.

BHR is still on fire...

More explosions just happened. We may lose her...

The admiral did a press conference but he said a lot of stuff that didn't make sense. Said it was a class alpha fire...no way. Not with that deep black smoke.
Was crossing the Coronado bridge at 4pm (headed to the beach) n saw it on fire. Tug boat n others were fighting the blaze. At 7 pm on the way back they were still fight the fire.
Pretty wild.
that boat def Fuhgd upped. Imagine all that smoke just passing through the boat. It’s going to be a mess tomorrow when they show back to WERK. :smh:

BHR is still on fire...

More explosions just happened. We may lose her...

The admiral did a press conference but he said a lot of stuff that didn't make sense. Said it was a class alpha fire...no way. Not with that deep black smoke.
That’s insane!

This was an update I got about 15 min ago.

received_626768104863136.jpeg

I’ve been in a lil’ over 20, I’ve done Frigates and a Carrier and I never thought I’d see the day......

This is stuff we all saw in training videos. Never ever thought it would be real life.

I think 8 section duty is going to be a thing of the past.

I sailed on that ship to Iraq in 2003.
Sad.

What caused the fire?

Hearing shore power.

The funny part, I was on Boxer and Boxer had an electrical fire on that EXACT same pier in the EXACT same spot from shore power being connected wrong...

Happened in 2018. We couldn't get underway for 6 months and had to compress the training cycle even though we deployed 4 months late.

Dayumb. All smoking finna be secured on all boats for a min. :lol:
That’s a crazy lose. :wow:
The fire fighting school is like. Few blocks away to 😂

Last edited:
Damn prayers to everyone who is impacted by this..

and I was coming to complain about being stuck on base due to corona... just puts things in perspective.

Back
Top Bottom