The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Is there a spot to meet people with ichat? I don't really know other people who have macs, and I'm not gonna go around asking lol. That would be dopeif you could meet new people through ichat.

As a matter of fact, I don't even know how to use ichat haha.

Originally Posted by Shaky3

Is there a spot to meet people with ichat? I don't really know other people who have macs, and I'm not gonna go around asking lol. That would be dope if you could meet new people through ichat.

ichat is just aim. it has mobileme also but most people use it for aim

^ So do you need AIM to use ichat? If so, then that sucks. I haven't been on AIM for the past 2 years

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

^ what app is that on the laptop screen?? congrats on the pick up.... coppin the 24" imac soon
good looks. the app is slingbox like Cwrite said.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

looks like slingbox. btw, soleboogie, invest in one of these.. http://raindesigninc.com/store/index.php get the mStand. That way both will be at eye level.. and it looks a lot like the stand on the cinema display
no doubt man, i already ordered the mStand off amazon. should be here tomorrow hopefully.

Is there a spot to meet people with ichat? I don't really know other people who have macs, and I'm not gonna go around asking lol. That would be dope if you could meet new people through ichat.

im in the same boat i dont even know how set it up

Originally Posted by CWrite78

get flip4mac, i believe it's a codec to play windows media files.

I downloaded it and it won't work with Firefox and most of the time in Safari. Tried downloading windows media player also but it wouldn't work. Anyhelp?

Originally Posted by stepinitup

im in the same boat i dont even know how set it up
If you have an AIM screen name or google talk just type in your name under the account setup. It'll import your entire buddy list. People withnewer macs with built in iSight will have the camera icon next to their name stacked on a couple other icons meaning they can video chat. Some people can videochat w/o sound and some just have mics. It'll all show up next to their screen name

You can also do screen sharing and lots of other cool little things

Originally Posted by SoleBoogie

appledisplaycopy.jpg

anthonysetupcopy.jpg

copped the 24" cinema display the other day.
happy.gif

do these screens work with the black macbook?

Where do you guys get your icons from?

And how do you change the finder icon? I have NEVER been able to figure that out.

i used candybar to change my finder icon.

deviantart
interfacelift
...they have plenty of icons for you to choose from

Darn... I can't navigate deviantart to find icons...and I've used intrerface lift before and havent found anyhting I Really like

SoleBoogie, that desktop on the 24" looks crazy. Any chance you can post the OG?

Originally Posted by trigganess

Is there a substitute for candybar that is free?

Manual way:
1. Copy icon[Apple+C]
2. Get Info of the App you want to change [Apple+I]
3. Click top right icon on the Get info screen
4. Paste [Apple+V]
If the icon doesn't show then you need to download a free application to convert the icon called Pic2icon.

Unless you have original icons there is no way of restoring it back. And you cant change all icons the manual way like Finder, System Preferences, and Trash.

Back
Top Bottom