The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

convert them over to icns

:: http://www.img2icnsapp.com/
thanks, also how do you make icons?
I use PS to make them. Save them as .TIFF and convert them over using that img2icns app.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Is there a way to change the icon for apps? Like for Safari or iTunes and stuff like that. Liteicon is only letting me change the small stuff like Finder and recycle bin
candybar or you can do it manually.

right click on the icon you want to change.
then click on 'get info'.
then at the top left corner, click that icon and PASTE the new icon you want to replace it with.

Good lookin' out
pimp.gif

And how do I find the original icons if I ever want to change it back?

I just got my MBP today
laugh.gif

I save icons as .png and use an app called pic2icon.
All you need to do to make an icon is take out the background and/or make it transparent.
Literally takes 1 min.
If you PM me the pics you want to make into an icon I'll do it when I have time.

kneenoh.deviantart.com

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

All you need to do to make an icon is take out the background and/or make it transparent.
Literally takes 1 min.
If you PM me the pics you want to make into an icon I'll do it when I have time.

kneenoh.deviantart.com
how do you make the background transparent?

also i downloaded some of your stuff without knowing you were on NT lol

Originally Posted by CDub Yo

Noob Mac question... If pictures on a page don't show up, is there a way reload them similar to right click>show picture on PC's?
click on the search bar and press enter.

nice avy also

how are you going about making these icons GSW?
like KneeNoh said, it's a pretty fast process.

if you need help, you can also get at me if you want

how are you going about making these icons GSW?
like KneeNoh said, it's a pretty fast process.

if you need help, you can also get at me if you want
whats the easiest way of doing them?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

Literally takes 1 min.

kneenoh.deviantart.com
how do you make the background transparent?

also i downloaded some of your stuff without knowing you were on NT lol

Easiest and fastest way, is to use the wand and select everything you want then copy it and paste onto a transparent layer. Save as .png and run it throughpic2icon.
Best with a pic with solid color background.

okay, heres a quick tutorial
laugh.gif

find the icon you want...bring it into PS.
5u4lq9.png

now use the wand tool (circled in RED) and click on the outer part of the icon. hit delete and that area will turn transparent.
14l79xk.png

then all you gotta do now is save it. png, tiff...whatever you want.
after that, open up the app and change the format. the final product is on my dock

and of course, not all of the icons are this easy...but this would be the general idea of what you want.
Unless you're asking to crop something out of a more complex picture...i can show you how to do that as well

wow, looks pretty easy, can you do that with any random pic online as long as it has a solid background?

Ok i have another question. When I change my icons for applications, it doesn't show the new icon in the dock, only in the applications folder. How do imake it appear on the dock also?

was the app alrdy on the dock before you changed it?

try removing the app from the dock and put it back on again

ok here is one for you...
is there a way to control your audio output on an iMac? for instance, when I plug in an auxiliary jack it mutes my internal speakers. but is there a way toleave the aux jack plugged in and manually switch between internal and external speaker output, or even both? I'm trying to keep from having to plug theaux jack in each time I want to use external speakers. I googled this but didn't have much luck. any ideas would be appreciated. thank ahead.
oh and, this thread the best thread in general. that is all

was the app alrdy on the dock before you changed it?

try removing the app from the dock and put it back on again

Thanks. I got it to work for every thing except iCal for some reason

Back
Top Bottom