THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
the wtk and the lack of its relevance to the what the theme/lazy design from nike

is a great example of how psychologically trapped nike has a lot of yall

just throw a hyped name on a shoe, hike the price up, and watch it sell

lmao y'all make it so easy for nike to keep increasing their yearly profits with bs like this 

As for the WTKs, I wouldn't sweat the price tag too much at this point. Based on previous releases, END will probably drop these for considerably less than the $275 retail and that includes shipping to the US.

The influx of new people in this thread though. Ha ha ha. Did some celeb wear the 9s recently or something? I know the WTK is coming out but damn. What about this sneaker recently that's got the beast attention? Tinker?

WTK is going to be a struggle to get, especially out here in Canada. anything with the "what the" attached to it will grab attention. its known that people get hyped up for releases easily, it's no surprise. Attach "remastered" to a pair of retro jordan's that nobody ever cared about, all of a sudden they always wanted them. Lol

I was under the impression that most folks didn't like these "boxing shoes".  I thought copping these WTK would be a breeze for me.....
laugh.gif
Not to sound like an old man, but I miss the days when you had time to think about copping shoes.  Check em out the next couple of days.  These days  its like once you have on hand or in your cart you need to pull the trigger. 
mean.gif

Not to sound like an old man, but I miss the days when you had time to think about copping shoes.  Check em out the next couple of days.  These days  its like once you have on hand or in your cart you need to pull the trigger. 
mean.gif
No just that, even if you tried pulling the trigger on release you can still strike out lol

Last edited:
Anybody have any info on the Black/White Elite High dropping on January 19th?  Guessing it's an MLK Jr. Day CW since that is when it will be observed this upcoming year.

BHM

Yup, sell 20 or more raffle tickets at $20 each, one person gets kicks for way below retail, rest get nothing and seller gets top dollar resell.

I understand $10, but $25 :smh:

The influx of new people in this thread though. Ha ha ha. Did some celeb wear the 9s recently or something? I know the WTK is coming out but damn. What about this sneaker recently that's got the beast attention? Tinker?
Uhh it's a dope shoe? It's something new, different, innovative and it performs like a beast on court. I think when something new and different comes out, some people tend to shy away from it at first. But clearly the 9's have grown on people, specially the high tops. I see more and more people with them everyday. Also, I think a few of the heads from Jordan Brand are realizing how crappy the quality from their product really is and are starting to convert to Kobes/Lebrons/KD's. And as far as the WTK goes, yeah.. it's going to create hype, always does. Even though the WTK's aren't living up to their traditional theme, I'd be lying if I said I didn't think they were a good looking pair of kicks.

As to the new perceived popularity/etc.:

I think the highs may just be easier to get now. While not all of the older releases were hard to get, many of the recent releases have been easy to get. They sit around a little longer, people have time to think about it, see pictures online. When people can actually get a shoe, they get more interested. Also, the Xmas and WT lines draw attention every year, so that got some more people interested.

I am not sure Tinker has anything to do with it, he just confirmed what a lot of fans of the highs already knew, that it was/is an exceptional piece of design work. I personally wouldn't buy anything just cause TH says it's great - and I wouldn't buy something just cause he designed it. But I do recognize that he has some insight into revolutionary sneaker design. It was cool of him to give that nod, and can't hurt the shoes perception in the grand scheme of sneaker design history.

My two cents.

Last edited:
Uhh it's a dope shoe? It's something new, different, innovative and it performs like a beast on court. I think when something new and different comes out, some people tend to shy away from it at first. But clearly the 9's have grown on people, specially the high tops. I see more and more people with them everyday. Also, I think a few of the heads from Jordan Brand are realizing how crappy the quality from their product really is and are starting to convert to Kobes/Lebrons/KD's. And as far as the WTK goes, yeah.. it's going to create hype, always does. Even though the WTK's aren't living up to their traditional theme, I'd be lying if I said I didn't think they were a good looking pair of kicks.

No, JB sell hundreds of thousands every two weeks.

And many people in JB look down on Lebron and KD's because they aren't leather.

No, JB sell hundreds of thousands every two weeks.

And many people in JB look down on Lebron and KD's because they aren't leather.
That's why I said a few, a small amount.

Fresh Sneaker Boutique in Georgia is taking phone orders on these for $190. My total was 208.65 with shipping and tax and they ship today. Call (478) 225-2818.

Last edited:
Skin tight maroon joggers, cutting it extremely close to women's leggings, and bright white wresting shoes with some clown colors thrown in for taste? I'm glad people don't dress like that around where I stay. To everyone his own I guess..

They're only skin tight around my calves because I had nerve damage to my calves and had to have them cut open to release the pressure. So my calves are gigantic.

They're only skin tight around my calves because I had nerve damage to my calves and had to have them cut open to release the pressure. So my calves are gigantic.
I'm not trying to say that is true or not, but almost everyone who wear joggers for casual use and doesn't work their legs out or run (a good 80% of what I see) has that happen.

Last edited:
Either way it's whatever I just don't understand why dudes all over the place are choosing to look so feminine. I thought skinny jeans were bad a couple years back, every year it it just keeps inching itself forward I guess.

Anyways we need some of those Black/White elite high leaks already. FL has them set for the 16th and that's pretty close

Last edited:
I wish they had a size 13 up on the Bruce Lees. Been really wanting to get a second pair cuz the first pair I got is somewhat dirty. I want to be able to ball in them without worrying about completely ruining the pair I got.

I wish they had a size 13 up on the Bruce Lees. Been really wanting to get a second pair cuz the first pair I got is somewhat dirty. I want to be able to ball in them without worrying about completely ruining the pair I got.
Eastbay has a size 12, that's all I can find from a retail store like that in the U.S. Europe stores might have them if you look around, or look in stores. A couple FL/house of hoops near me have bruce lees and elite low moonwalker/university reds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom