THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Back from nike for the week. Info I got...
Kobe 9 will be high/mid, flyknit, retail at $225, debut at Allstar weekend. All flyknit models will be scarce.
Kobe 9 EM will be low, retail at $160.
Kobe Venomenom will hit stores, retail at $120
Will be elite model in PS of 9.
LOL!!! If that Info is true, they can Kiss My Behind at that $225... or really anything over $175.

BUT the Kobe 9 "EM" (Engineered Mesh) will be looked into to. I mean, the Kobe 8's are Engineered Mesh, so I'm fine with that.

They can keep that hyped up FlyKnit & Elite model BS for the birds. 
sick.gif

View media item 607958

LOL!!! If that Info is true, they can Kiss My Behind at that $225... or really anything over $175.

BUT the Kobe 9 "EM" (Engineered Mesh) will be looked into to. I mean, the Kobe 8's are Engineered Mesh, so I'm fine with that.

They can keep that hyped up FlyKnit & Elite model BS for the birds. :x  

+1

i ball in all my shoes. flyknit seems like a gimmick to me. if anything, i'll buy ONE pair max just to try it out.

not worth it for me to wear a pair of $225 shoes on the court.

+1

i ball in all my shoes. flyknit seems like a gimmick to me. if anything, i'll buy ONE pair max just to try it out.

not worth it for me to wear a pair of $225 shoes on the court.
It's 100% a gimmick. They do nothing special and fit horribly IMO

Anyone else catch that the Wear Test Sample pictures we have are of the Engineered Mesh low model?

We literally have no idea what the mid is going to look like :lol:

Flyknit is far from a gimmick.

I think if the Kobe 9 used FK and was the same price as the 8, nobody would be saying a damn thing.

But there's a price hike so people feel the need to talk out of their backsides, :lol:.

Okok so lemme get this straight. All limited Kobe 9s are gonna be $225 flyknit. The elite version is going to be $200 and the EM get's a $20 price tax.

I'm going into straight hibernation next year.

Okok so lemme get this straight. All limited Kobe 9s are gonna be $225 flyknit. The elite version is going to be $200 and the EM get's a $20 price tax.

I'm going into straight hibernation next year.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the FK model will have the limited cws. It would be smart to make them limited, though, seeing that most don't appreciate the hike

Anyone else catch that the Wear Test Sample pictures we have are of the Engineered Mesh low model?

Those wear test pics look like a mid top shoe to me. They do look like they have the EM on them though.

Those wear test pics look like a mid top shoe to me. They do look like they have the EM on them though.

Peep this (might have to open it in a new tab/window to see the full size):

Tag says "Kobe IX EM Low"

Last edited:
Peep this:
Tag says "Kobe IX EM Low"

Hmm Idk that is weird, but now that I go back and look at the images I see two different shoes. Not sure if the one with the white background is photoshopped.

This looks like a Mid to me. The extra padding near the ankle here could be the low with extra padding for Kobe, because of his injury. That makes sense
View media item 613650
This looks like the same shoe without the padding. (Could be photoshopped) Not sure haven't followed the thread close enough.
View media item 613651
I don't really like mids or high tops, but the low is an absolutely awesome silhouette IMO

Back from nike for the week. Info I got...
Kobe 9 will be high/mid, flyknit, retail at $225, debut at Allstar weekend. All flyknit models will be scarce.
Kobe 9 EM will be low, retail at $160.
Kobe Venomenom will hit stores, retail at $120
Will be elite model in PS of 9.

should've seen this coming :lol:

Last edited:
Relax folk. That's probably the Elite model.

I assume Kobe IX will be around 180 max. Just like the VII supreme retail at 179 and the regular retail at 140

Back
Top Bottom