THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Back from nike for the week. Info I got...
Kobe 9 will be high/mid, flyknit, retail at $225, debut at Allstar weekend. All flyknit models will be scarce.
Kobe 9 EM will be low, retail at $160.
Kobe Venomenom will hit stores, retail at $120
Will be elite model in PS of 9.

Thanx for the info on the Kobe IX

A lot of ppl will be buying Venonmenons :lol: I'll be buying at least one of each price range(with bday coupon of course :D). Once pics start to surface, the price will be on the back of your minds haha. Too many talk of price, let's see some pics of the finished product before we talk about that! :nerd:

I'll cop venonmenons when they hit outlets for the low, cause lack of demand will make sure those hit outlets for sure im guessing they'll be on sale for 70-90$ not to long after they releasse

Lol those prices. I want to see the dart board they use to determine them.

They usually increase a sig shoe price by AT LEAST $10 each year. The Kobe 7 was a flop at $140, and they nearly had MSRP $150 on the Kobe 8. Since they skipped the increase this year, is probably why the jump $20.

Just my logic, I still think the increase is a bunch of $HlT

Kobe 9 will be high/mid, flyknit, retail at $225, debut at Allstar weekend. All flyknit models will be scarce.

Time to start socking some green away smh

Prices are crazy! Military discount need to work for these if they are nice. That means asg is $245 or $250.

Last edited:
Same thing happened in the LeBron XI thread with talk of soldiers and now that release date is here people are definitely on board. Why? I can only imagine the flood of pics that have come in from people who already have them.

Guarantee same thing happens in here. No problem with that, all I'm saying is final judgment should be reserved till after good pics surface and all details are out. Till then, speculation over price will do haha.

I'm more worried that all the mid-cut Flyknit models are going to be super-limited hypebeast magnets. With the $225 price tag I feel like Nike would go that route to drum up attention for the shoe. Sell it as a "high end" thing.

I'm more worried that all the mid-cut Flyknit models are going to be super-limited hypebeast magnets. With the $225 price tag I feel like Nike would go that route to drum up attention for the shoe. Sell it as a "high end" thing.

with the nature of the construction and how it is made, even if they wanted to do more it wouldn't be possible. I mean, look at the black and gold kobe 8 elite. Those sold so well... but look at the price tag. I can't even imagine these 9s sitting at all- if the overpriced Elite 8s sold well, what more for these.

Nike had to put the black elites on sale on ndc for $174.97 & finally sold out

almost copped since i was thirsty for a solid upper/no pattern 8 for a change

Last edited:
Nike had to put the black elites on sale on ndc for $174.97 & finally sold out

almost copped since i was thirsty for a solid upper/no pattern 8 for a change

They basically sold out then they restocked them then that's when the sale happened. The Black/Gold Elites sold fairly well in retail stores too

took months to sell out @ my local shops & im in cali..

some stores its still available

i thought elites would sell faster because those were the only solid cws

Last edited:
They have Flyknit on the Air Max running shoes now(check the thread) and it's $225. The Flyknit Kobe 9s should be $200 because of the cheaper to produce lunarlon. Can I get an Amen?! lol

Man i want as many mids as possible, but what do you think he'll play with the most mids or lows

Im guessing mids cause nike wants to push thhat as the main product

Why are some of yall fronting?

You if the Kobe 9 is a good design you'll still buy it

i aint buying ****

stopped buying lebrons because of the ridiculous prices and i will stop buying kobes...

i refuse to buy sig shoes that do not even compare to the performance beasts we had in the early part of last decade. meaning early to mid 2000's yet they charging almost double the price now

they have the balls to charge over 200 for **** now :lol:

**** is ******ed and amusing at the same time. i do not play in the nba so why the **** would i pay 230 for some got damn shoes?

Last edited:
i aint buying ****

stopped buying lebrons because of the ridiculous prices and i will stop buying kobes...

i refuse to buy sig shoes that do not even compare to the performance beasts we had in the early part of last decade. meaning early to mid 2000's yet they charging almost double the price now

they have the balls to charge over 200 for **** now :lol:

**** is ******ed and amusing at the same time. i do not play in the nba so why the **** would i pay 230 for some got damn shoes?
That doesn't always apply to performance shoes. But I get where are coming from tho. the kobe VIIs were terrible performers compared to the VIIIs. The VIIIs made me really appreciate the kobe line and he has my favorite sig out of any if the other players. The same goes with the KD as well. The price goes up for them but the performance gets a little worse every year

with the nature of the construction and how it is made, even if they wanted to do more it wouldn't be possible. I mean, look at the black and gold kobe 8 elite. Those sold so well... but look at the price tag. I can't even imagine these 9s sitting at all- if the overpriced Elite 8s sold well, what more for these.
Most of the pairs that were sold of the elites happened when FTl and co excluded them from discount and had 20% off. I doubt these originally sold out on Ndc just nike pulling to build hype so they can sell on stores that didn't work so they brought them back on clearance and sold out. The asg sport pack set for a while until people saw what resellers were charging.

is this not what i predicted 20 pages back when ppl were crying about the price? :smh:

there was NO WAY nike was just gonna go from $140-200+ like that.

Last edited:
Man i want as many mids as possible, but what do you think he'll play with the most mids or lows

Im guessing mids cause nike wants to push thhat as the main product
kobe will play in whatever he feels comfortable in... he may play in the mids a few games but if he likes the lows better thats what he'll ball in

Back
Top Bottom