THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I feel you bro i prefer zoom cause of the responsiveness but lunarlon is so comfy

Honestly one of the things i love about lows is being able to lace them tight as possible and still have full mobility of my ankle
Is lunarlon more comfy than zoom?

Its all preference but most people agree with me when i say lunarlon is more comfy but Zoom is still comfy as hell and way more responsive

Might as well give nike and kobe my wallet now because they got me on these and the lebrons as well :smh: now I'm gonna have to make some decisions but I'm liking these wear test samples

Nike saving me money on the next LeBrons but Kobes are keeping my interest so far. I was kinda crossing my fingers that these would look bad too. Dangit! Damn you Nike.

how confident are you that we'll see flynit and cf on the regular season pairs?

i'm still sticking to my prediction that we will only see these premium materials on the elite in spring 2014.

I mean anything can change until RD right? But we've seen too much evidence leaked on the internet to believe otherwise.

No surprise there's added carbon fiber near the heel/achilles area. Looks promising, whatever they are haha.

it ties into the NBA, if your into watching the sport of basketball but even more so if your a huge fan of a team or a specific player (Rivalry). you cant be rocking a laker jersey while wearing lebrons... let me rephrase that you shouldnt be. youd get clowned on if people from socal saw you busting some crap like that XD its the same with people who are blind jordan fans. theyll still be copping Js it doesnt even matter if you paid $200 for some kicks that the paint starts chipping after 3 wears. I respect Jordan for what he did playing ball but ive stopped copping his shoes due to the quality downfall and i know many have done so as well. 
LOL I must be a terrible Celtics fan, copping my first pair of Lebrons and Kobes in the same year.

Well after seeing that they stopped making lunarlon inserts for the kobe 8 they will give up on modularity to have people buy more shoes instead of an insert.

There are alot of personal preferences but why not zoom + lunarlon least when it bottoms outs you still have some kind of pep to your step ^.^

On a side note I think these wont be bad as the lateral support seems better than on the kobe 8.

now you guys see a $60 mark up? lol what have I been saying all along?

Flyknit + Flywire + OD carbon fiber = $$

I'm worried about one thing and one thing only- the carbon fiber cracking when I ball in em. The Elite LeBron 9 had tons of cf as well and they crack all over the place after ball.
I still don't believe we'll see a $60 markup, but I am an optimistic guy.  Oddly, the sample pair does not even feature flyknit.  I do not envision a solid flyknit upper, which would definitely warrant a price in the neighborhood of $200.  I wouldn't be surprised if flyknit was implemented in the 9, but I would bet it will be implemented in a way we haven't seen Flyknit used before (not a solid flyknit upper, or a different variation of the technology).  Flywire is on every Nike shoe anymore, even free runs, so I wouldn't worry about that jacking up the prices.  Carbon Fiber has been around forever, I am not too worried about that raising the price either.  The only thing that is worrisome is flyknit.  Your thoughts on my speculation?

Last edited:
It's ok so far. No Flyknit, but the lbj 11 went left field from original specs as well so... We'll see.

LeBron's went left-field how?
I think because if you read the first page of the thread the 11s were "said" to have the 360 air bag. But personally I'm glad they trashed that idea. So I'm assuming that's what he was getting at.

They were never said to have a 360 Air bag; they have 360 Max Zoom like the X's did. They just encapsulated it this time. They actually stayed true to the original specs we had learned of in every way.

Well after seeing that they stopped making lunarlon inserts for the kobe 8 they will give up on modularity to have people buy more shoes instead of an insert.

There are alot of personal preferences but why not zoom + lunarlon least when it bottoms outs you still have some kind of pep to your step ^.^

Thats another reason i prefer zoom, it doesnt have a lifespan and with the kobe 8s i legit wear all my pairs alot so i hate having to worry about mileage

They were never said to have a 360 Air bag; they have 360 Max Zoom like the X's did. They just encapsulated it this time. They actually stayed true to the original specs we had learned of in every way.
Source? I thought the 11s have full length zoom encased in lunarlon.
Why would the test sample not have fly knit if they are going to use fly knit?
Because it's a test sample.

I know it's a test sample but a fly knit shoe will preform differently than a mesh shoe or any other material. What good is it to test the shoe and then completely change it after?

Back
Top Bottom