THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
there mids.. the durant 6s are lows... but i dont think these are even his shoes... kobe wouldnt release an all black plain shoe 
Yea they look like mids, but the tongue clearly says Kobe 9 EM Low.  and the wear tests are always black.  same thing with the LeBron 11 when a picture of him wearing them at practice was leaked

Last edited:
there mids.. the durant 6s are lows... but i dont think these are even his shoes... kobe wouldnt release an all black plain shoe 
This isn't a sample of an upcoming colorway of the Kobe 9. It's a raw, completely unpolished pair. Known as a "wear test" sample. Completely different than a normal sample of a shoe in a colorway that you may see a few months before it releases. Wear test samples are made so that the materials and performance of an upcoming model can be tested and judged before they come out. They're made to be low-key and are usually all black so that anyone who sees someone wearing them won't realize that they're the next Kobe, or Lebron, or KD model etc. They're much more guarded and kept under wraps than the usual samples that you see. I imagine you have to sign all sorts of legal documents when you get a pair, and if they found out who leaked these pics there would probably be some consequences for him.

Last edited:
i really hope there are some adjustments made and those are not the final product just blacked out. the shape of the ankle area looks horrible,  its just a square.  

I'm thinking Kobe leaked it or someone that was with him. Look at where the picture was taken. Seems to be a hotel in Asia.

Y
If those are the 9's everyone keeps saying they remind them of the AZG, but to me they look more like a lightweight Kobe 1, then again most people don't even know what those look like! Lol! Naw jus messing, but they do look like the KB 1 actually even mixed with a little of the Zoom BB2.
Yeah that's I thought when I first looked at them... Kobe 1s....

I still believe the 9s are going to use flyknits material

otherwise why would they use them as a display of the kobe 9 teaser?

the all black shoes dont appeal to some ppl

as an example just look at the lebron xi wear sample..

imo they look fugly in all black cw but look so much better in different cw

Last edited:
these look like a zki/zkii hyrbrid just brought up to date with new tech...

likin what im seein so far. especially how the ankle cut is. didnt wanna see any of that trendy sawg s*** goin on...

btw, based on some of the comments in here, its obvious most in here dont kno much bout kobes prior to the zkvi's. i.e. when the hype started...

that's the dream. but no.

Now everyone looks at the Graffiti 8 Mids and thinks... "SO THAT's WHY!" lol

I like the fact that they're mids, all I have are lowtops and I'm getting tired. HAHAHAHA!
Anybody else appreciate the amount of Carbon Fiber in these? That's ridiculous.
I will not have a problem with a $60 price hike if we can get some colored carbon fiber if they're going to include it. $60 increase for the elites was exposed flywire,carbon fiber, and some different laces $60 for the 9s is all that except exposed flywire with flyknit.

I'm thinking Kobe leaked it or someone that was with him. Look at where the picture was taken. Seems to be a hotel in Asia.

Lol bro all nike shoes are made there

But honestly raising the cut of the shoe raises the price 10 dollars at the most tho after looking at them thoroughly i am ******g with these heavy

im glad the left the swoosh alone and didnt move it to a weird place like KD's and LeBrons, but im not a fan of the ankle area, hopefully they change that and hopefully the final product is a little lower
+1 same here
before the 8s came out I was praying they dont mess with the swoosh too...

the lebrons looks like theyre trying to do too much including "being creative" on where to move & rotate the swoosh

well at least it wasnt upside down

Last edited:
These dudes posting these wear test samples...smh showing the numbers and everything :/ ....not worth losing your tester status

Last edited:
I can't see there being CF and flynit in a regular season shoe. They leave those "premium" materials for the playoffs. Also, this would make the price $250 to start.

Regular season = EM + regular heelcup
Playoffs = flynit + CF

Last edited:
Call me crazy but these remind me of the black out D. Rose 3's. From the ankle padding area, heel clip, sleek toe box, even the small notches on the side panel.

Back
Top Bottom