THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Maybe I was wanted to talk about it.... lmao yall coming at me crazy
I was surprised somebody would whoop out some yeezys like they just walk around n look for a reason to take them out...

Any news of if any more elite lows are coming out? I heard earlier in this thread there were talks of a blue pair coming out, not too sure

They just need to drop some multicolor low with a different mix of colors that don't look anything like the MC that was on Nikeid. That would have major potential IMO. One more crazy multicolor high for us and one more crazy multicolor low before all is said and done. And not on Nikeid either. Just a good ol general release

I'm looking at pictures of the HTMs vs the flyknit lows that we have had released so far and I am just so disappointed that they would start out this line by showing us what they COULD do with this shoe, and then what we've ended up having released to us has just been sooo bad compared to what we all know they have the capability of doing

nike-kobe-9-elite-low-htm-02.jpg
nike-kobe-9-em-htm-white-gum-multicolor-5.jpg
IMG_9034.jpg

Just give us the gum bottom option available on id, and give us some crazyyy flyknit like the ones pictured above on a high and a low to end this shoe with a bang, Sorry I know I'm talking a lot here, but I just see so much potential and I've had these thoughts on my mind for too long

GR MC lows are king. Who cares how much the white sell for. I would have turned down that Yezzy deal too even if they were DS. Kobes look better. Again who cares how much Yezzys are worth.

The Kobe 9 is the most over analyzed sneaker I've ever seen. We literally got the "Nick Young" pair above with a more mixed up pattern (yellow, gold, green) in the Inspiration, yet people complain about the flyknit pattern being to basic. Nike can not please there customers no matter what they do.

Last edited:
They can, they just choose not to. Last year, they gave solid color blocking options for the Kobe 8. There were a lot of great options. Besides the WTK, ASG and BHM, most of the options were available on ID like graffiti, X-MAS, SS, Pit Viper, etc.

They didn't give us options for high elites on iD, the options were basic on the elite lows and they didn't want to keep the MC option up there. And to be honest, most of the EMs were meh depending on your taste. The Elite Lows were cool but nothing extraordinary besides the HTMs and Beethoven. And the highs were hit or miss.

The 9 are just like Kobe's season right now. 8 was a classic besides repeating the designs over and over (PV, Mine Gray then green and yellow pattern or the PPs, etc).

And Kobe 9 isn't really over analyzed. I'd say Nike is being analyzed now for shenanigans. High prices, hype building, low quality, uninspired designs. Guess they're guilty of being a big business trying to milk this current sneaker popularity.

Last edited:
And I don't want it to seem all negative.

The Preludes leading into Masterpieces was infuriating (mainly because of the Nike Shenanigans) but all of the shoes were beautiful.

The Masterpieces, Inspiration, ASG, Details were great. Except for maybe the Super Heros, the first elite Highs were good to great. The HTMs were great. The Kung Fus were cool. And that is the point where things started to become hit or miss.

Nike could make a killing by giving us what we want....mc id...it's THAT simple

And I don't want it to seem all negative.

The Preludes leading into Masterpieces was infuriating (mainly because of the Nike Shenanigans) but all of the shoes were beautiful.

The Masterpieces, Inspiration, ASG, Details were great. Except for maybe the Super Heros, the first elite Highs were good to great. The HTMs were great. The Kung Fus were cool. And that is the point where things started to become hit or miss.

I agree the 2nd act of the highs aren't as strong as the first but the same happen with the 8 last year.

I think a lot of the Elite haters have now come around and they missed all the good CWs. So now there the most vocal about the colors. Although the HTMs were limited Nike has given us 4 MC pairs of the 9. I don't know how many more MCs people want. The Influence is one of the best CWs but gets no love. Far from basic though.

It's also funny to me that the CWs are getting bashed for being to basic yet the Tovans lead the poll and everyone went crazy for them. Those are the most basic bland CW of all the FK 9s. White black grey. Lol

Last edited:
I agree the 2nd act of the highs aren't as strong as the first but the same happen with the 8 last year.

I think a lot of the Elite haters have now come around and they missed all the good CWs. So now there the most vocal about the colors. Although the HTMs were limited Nike has given us 4 MC pairs of the 9. I don't know how many more MCs people want. The Influence is one of the best CWs but gets no love. Far from basic though.

It's also funny to me that the CWs are getting bashed for being to basic yet the Tovans lead the poll and everyone went crazy for them. There the most basic bland CW of all the FK 9s. White black grey. Lol

Like the post above said, we want MC. They gave us 4 different MCs (2 HTMs, MP and ???) but it's the same shenanigans. They made them all limited. They made most of the initial Colorways difficult to obtain (though they did restock here and there).

First LeBron 12 was a GR. KD7 USA was a GR. And the MC FK isn't some limited resource like diamonds or gold but they KNOW people wanted them so they made it the same old Nike limited QS nonsense.

Influence was a nice color way. Phillipines were a nice Colorway. I don't have either because...guess what...

Instead, they make fugly CWs like the Pop Arts, Brazil's, PPs or whatever readily available for everyone.

The last MC was the ID. All the MCs had a availability issue but at this point even if they made a GR MC 9 the demand and hype will make those no easier to get. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there one last MC 9 still to release? I swear there was a description on some release calendar or talk of one.

Nike could make a killing by giving us what we want....mc id...it's THAT simple

We had them.. Twice.

Not nike's fault you failed to place an order. Like I said before, I rather order ids than have to deal work bots or countdowns.

We had them.. Twice.

Not nike's fault you failed to place an order.
Yeah. Twice was for about a week the first time, and what, 2 days the second time? Some folks just didn't have their money right/budgeted for that in those windows. Other folks bought multiple multiple pairs since they had the cash. Before this turns into some lame "Well keep your money right player" argument, we all know that minus folks who make a lot of money, most every sneakerhead has had to budget for certain periods based on the releases they know are dropping. But you are right, it is not Nike's fault that someone did not order. But limited run/QS options generate hype for ID's, which normally look like the 1 chromosome short version of the GR's. So great, Nike found a way to make even their more expensive, less attractive, and poorly QC'ed custom program hot.
Like I said before, I rather order ids than have to deal work bots or countdowns.
Minus the MC ID on the Kobe's, most of the FK options are crap. Most ID shoes end up looking like crap for that matter. To each their own on that.

Deal with countdowns? What, it's hard to watch that timer for 10 minutes while you go to other websites? As for bots, I haven't struck out on a single shoe I've gone for in a long time. Bots may end up eating up most pairs, but it's not a no win situation that's gonna drive me to poorly itemized ID options which I can use to create a semi-knock-off looking shoe.

if you strike out on nikeid, then it's your own fault. Period.

People who got them the second time around were smart because they knew the shoes wouldn't last. Now the ones who didn't order regret it cause they know the f'd up so they're blaming Nike lol

I can't even lie, I got lucky getting my IDs. I went on ID just to check out the fade options during that 2 hour window and there was the MC back. Luck.

All the reasons stated above by andersonjames andersonjames is why I think a GR MC would still be a hassle to get. GR or not. Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for it if they do.

Last edited:
We had them.. Twice.

Not nike's fault you failed to place an order.

Yeah. Twice was for about a week the first time, and what, 2 days the second time? Some folks just didn't have their money right/budgeted for that in those windows. Other folks bought multiple multiple pairs since they had the cash. Before this turns into some lame "Well keep your money right player" argument, we all know that minus folks who make a lot of money, most every sneakerhead has had to budget for certain periods based on the releases they know are dropping. But you are right, it is not Nike's fault that someone did not order. But limited run/QS options generate hype for ID's, which normally look like the 1 chromosome short version of the GR's. So great, Nike found a way to make even their more expensive, less attractive, and poorly QC'ed custom program hot.

Like I said before, I rather order ids than have to deal work bots or countdowns.
Minus the MC ID on the Kobe's, most of the FK options are crap. Most ID shoes end up looking like crap for that matter. To each their own on that.
Deal with countdowns? What, it's hard to watch that timer for 10 minutes while you go to other websites? As for bots, I haven't struck out on a single shoe I've gone for in a long time. Bots may end up eating up most pairs, but it's not a no win situation that's gonna drive me to poorly itemized ID options which I can use to create a semi-knock-off looking shoe.

Just because you don't strike out on shoes doesn't mean hundreds don't. Anytime there's a huge release there are more unhappy people than people who got lucky. That's a fact.

Nikeid you didn't have to deal with that stuff. Build your shoe and checkout.

i would love for a new multicolor pattern to release.

Back
Top Bottom