THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Im pretty much #teamretail lol. The only after market purchase I have made is the inspirations for 240. I consider that close enough to retail. Anyways the only shoe that I really might break that for would be the MP's. I don't know why put recently ive been having a real itch for them. I just seen a pair DS go for 400. Its not bad for a size 13 but its still a little too rich for my blood lol.

I never believe when people say how many times they've worn something, but if they look good then do it. 

So true

It's like when girls tell you how many dudes they been with. Whatever number they say, you gotta multiply that by at least 3

Kobe 9 Detail worn twice for 150 should i pull the trigger??
eyes.gif
:\
Well, if you like the highs, and being that they should be practically brand spanking new with only 2 wears I think that's a good price...go for it man- Just make sure to get some good pics to verify the "only worn twice" line.

Got my Thrillers in today.  Wow. These in hand are absolutely dope. So nice to have an outsole that's not the go to white/light grey for the 9s.  Just imo, and I love purple shoes prob more than any color (cough FADES cough), these are much nicer than the Moonwalkers which I returned. Wearing them around again they are def more restricting than the EMs (I did get the same size 12) but I've read quite a few people say they break in nicely- it's really just the toe wiggle restrictiveness that's the diff for me between the two.  Anyways, I'm keeping em' and going to break em in with a little plyo tomorrow and reassess.  These things are just so badasss tho, for real...the black behind the red...damn.  I thought I'd switch plain black laces in but the speckle laces actually are kind of dope, we'll see. THRILLERS FTW!

Kobe 9 Detail worn twice for 150 should i pull the trigger?? :rolleyes:\
That price seems too good to be true. I'd get some very good pics before deciding to pull the trigger. If they're legit and in the condition he says, then you've got a great deal.

Kobe wearing Kobe 9 Elite PE

Wesley Johnson wearing the Kobe 9 Elite PE

Jordan Hill wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Low Moonwalker

Wesley Matthews wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Detail

Terrence Ross wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Victory

Demar DeRozan wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Masterpiece

Manu Ginobili wearing Kobe 9 EM low ID

JR Smith wearing the Kobe 9 EM low Peach

Dion Waiters wearing Kobe 9 EM low TB

PJ Tucker wearing Kobe 9 EM low ID
Nice work. Repped.
Got these from a friend. Is there a name for 'em?
Hmm. As already stated, these look very orange in this shot, like safety vest orange. If this is how they look when I see them I will be switching my "cop" to "drop".
Kobe 9 Detail worn twice for 150 should i pull the trigger??
eyes.gif
:\

I never believe when people say how many times they've worn something, but if they look good then do it. 
Yeah, I don't really care how many times it was worn, just how hard. A shoe is either deadstock or not - as in it's been worn, at all. There is no VVVNDS or any of that shenanigans. DS or used. Like you either a virgin, or you ain't.

So, if they look good and the outsole isn't tore up, or whatever, thats a good deal. I got my Inspirations from a local shop, $140, can barely tell they've been worn.
Got my Thrillers in today.  Wow. These in hand are absolutely dope. So nice to have an outsole that's not the go to white/light grey for the 9s.  These things are just so badasss tho, for real...the black behind the red...damn.  I thought I'd switch plain black laces in but the speckle laces actually are kind of dope, we'll see. THRILLERS FTW!
Personally I was pleasantly surprised when I got my Thrillers. I thought they looked even better in hand than in photos. I like them as much as the Beethoven's, and I would say easily top 5 for the IX's (only counting the non super limited stuff). And I'm with you, I like the speckle laces.

^ blue pair is nice. i'll buy them on sale for $50 :lol:

anyways..

i finally played a game in the high's. i know i'm almost a year late, but i was reluctant to buy the high's because i absolutely LOVE low tops. i swear by them, and have been swearing by them since the 4's.

anyways.. i did a workout yesterday and ran some light ball at the local gym to break these shoes in and then today i played a full 40min game in them. man.. they are :smokin

they're like the low tops but with a sock that keeps your ankle snug. it's not your normal high top shoe.

i love my lows, however, now i want more high's. would be nice if nike put them on NikeID :nerd:

i found that i wasn't jamming my toe too much when i made a really hard stop.. sometimes this would happen in the low cuts (even though there is plenty of room for my toes, shoes are tight and everything) so maybe the high top keeps the ankle more snug and it refuses to slide inside the shoe .. i dunno?

anyways, that's my 2 cents. for all the ballers who wear just the regular 9's, i suggest trying out the high's. i hope the 10's have a high version too.

Last edited:
I love hooping in my 9 highs. They get the most out of my Kobe 9 rotation, they don't feel restrictive at all

Hmm. As already stated, these look very orange in this shot, like safety vest orange. If this is how they look when I see them I will be switching my "cop" to "drop".
Agreed, I was sold on them when I saw this pic:
They look like a nice infrared here, but it seems to be the lighting. Every other pic they are clearly orange. Probably won't cop unless I can for under $200.

Back
Top Bottom