THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
$92?!?
c8fce312f321a767d12a4f0c2a01ef01433b312c22910cca0bcdd5ad9549aa01.jpg

Email them and make them pay half at least

Word of caution to anyone ordering from the Italian site http://www.sivasdescalzo.com.
Grabbed the "Expressions" for €130, and got slapped with a $92 customs fee.
I knew the risks, took the shot and failed.

this is not an issue with the website, it's an issue with buying stuff from another country. it's not so common in america because almost everything is available already.

anything inbound is subject to tax. this is why when i shop on ebay, i ask that they mark the value of the item at $50. if they say no, then i don't bid.

last year i was talking to a seller because i wanted some kicks. they sold for $180 on ebay + $30 shipping to canada. she said she would mark the item at $50.

the package arrives and not only did she not mark the value at $50, she marked it at $220!!! i'm not supposed to be taxed on the shipping, just the value of the item.

needless to say, i rejected the package and got a full refund off ebay. she had to eat the $30 in shipping and i didn't give 2 damns.

i emailed her and she said "what you're asking me to do is unethical" -- and so i said "then don't agree to the transaction. i'm not paying $220 for shoes + $60 in taxes" -- which was well over $300 after you convert the $220 form USD to CAD.

i don't want to hear how it's unethical to do this. i shouldn't have to pay tax on items coming into the country. the government doesn't deserve that cash, and they already take enough form my pay check every 2 weeks. nothing you say will change my mind :D

Ouch! Wish shipper do they use stateside?

Thats still weird because the cost was less than $200 usd. ... unless sivas was lazy and didnt declare a value or used the wrong code. ... which leaves the shipping company freedom to choose a code on their own that could give your item a higher value.

SJS did that to me once. Even though my item was less than $200, SJS didnt provide a value code on the customs form or enough info to choose the correct code. So DHL pickeda code which valued my item at $209, which have me a $48 customs fee through DHL. I could pay $75 to have them re-evaluate it to apply the correct shoe code....

Man I was pissed. :smh:
Shipped via FedEx. First time dealing with this store and certainly the last.
Check for yourself and you'll notice the sales are still on.
Paid €130 yet the declared value's stated as €180.
Foh with this s***.
View media item 1260919View media item 1260920

wow that's ridiculous. same thing happened to me on ebay (check above) and i just rejected the package.

Last edited:
I never seen that before, declaring a higher value than the selling price. Is this new? I'm just gonna avoid international sites that I'm not familiar with.

Last edited:
View media item 1260586

can't just be run of the mill ids. outsole shank, toe box, heel and swoosh are team red against university red EM. currently not possible on nikeid.
View media item 1260586

can't just be run of the mill ids. outsole shank, toe box, heel and swoosh are team red against university red EM. currently not possible on nikeid.
ball players get their own nike id website. They have basically any option they want. They have the elite highs on there also

:rofl:

k no.

1. they don't have the elite high's on nikeid
2. they don't have any option they want. they have what's available just like we do. only thing is that they get certain credits for every month/year to use up on shoes.

like i said, the shoes demar has are all red but different materials will cause different shades of red when put together. the swoosh on demars pair looks like it's team red (still an option on nikeid), but everything else is red.

Kobe wearing Kobe 9 Elite PE
View media item 1260953
Wesley Johnson wearing the Kobe 9 Elite PE
View media item 1260954
Jordan Hill wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Low Moonwalker
View media item 1260950

Wesley Matthews wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Detail
View media item 1260956
Terrence Ross wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Victory
View media item 1260958
Demar DeRozan wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Masterpiece
View media item 1260961
Manu Ginobili wearing Kobe 9 EM low ID
View media item 1260969
JR Smith wearing the Kobe 9 EM low Peach
View media item 1260973
Dion Waiters wearing Kobe 9 EM low TB
View media item 1260978
PJ Tucker wearing Kobe 9 EM low ID
View media item 1260979

Looks like Wesley Johnson finally figured out that those adidas kobe retros, while awesome in their own right, aren't anywhere near as comfortable as the 9. Or, Kobe pulled a Jordan and forbid him from rocking the stripes anymore.

Looks like PJ Tucker is wearing a Flyknit Elite Low iD, not an EM iD.

Last edited:
Shipped via FedEx. First time dealing with this store and certainly the last.
Check for yourself and you'll notice the sales are still on.
Paid €130 yet the declared value's stated as €180.
Foh with this s***.
View media item 1260919View media item 1260920

Dang. Yea. Thats crazy. If sivas had done due diligence when they filled out the form, anything under $200 usd should not have incurred a customs fee no matter if its from a website or from any ciuntry into the US. In your case, looks like sivas didnt declare a value or didnt declare a code. So fedex probably applied their own code from the list of options...which caused a higher valuing of your shoe than you actually paid.

You can try calling them to correct it. There are codes for different type sneakers, clothing...etc. FefEx probably just picked a general sneaker code. I dunno.
Sivas screwed you, but so did FedEx. Ask them what code was applied and have them look at your invoice. They may change it free of charge, DHL doesnt though. Good luck

That's the first pic we've seen where the green looks washed out and the "red" looks orange. Really orange.

Kobe wearing Kobe 9 Elite PE
Wesley Johnson wearing the Kobe 9 Elite PE
Jordan Hill wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Low Moonwalker
Wesley Matthews wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Detail
Terrence Ross wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Victory
Demar DeRozan wearing the Kobe 9 Elite Masterpiece
Manu Ginobili wearing Kobe 9 EM low ID
JR Smith wearing the Kobe 9 EM low Peach
Dion Waiters wearing Kobe 9 EM low TB
PJ Tucker wearing Kobe 9 EM low ID
Dope to see all these guys wear Kobes. Especially Kobe.

Dang. Yea. Thats crazy. If sivas had done due diligence when they filled out the form, anything under $200 usd should not have incurred a customs fee no matter if its from a website or from any ciuntry into the US. In your case, looks like sivas didnt declare a value or didnt declare a code. So fedex probably applied their own code from the list of options...which caused a higher valuing of your shoe than you actually paid.

You can try calling them to correct it. There are codes for different type sneakers, clothing...etc. FefEx probably just picked a general sneaker code. I dunno.
Sivas screwed you, but so did FedEx. Ask them what code was applied and have them look at your invoice. They may change it free of charge, DHL doesnt though. Good luck
Nothing to lose at this point I suppose. I've just about thrown the towel I'll tell ya.
I mean I've incured $25 customs fees from DF on $200 purchases, so this right here is beyond pushing it.
92 freaking $$$??
Anyway, I certainly appreciate the sound advice folks.
Let this at least be a cautionary tale.

Back
Top Bottom