THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

I just hate how the whole Kobe 9 line has been handled by Nike. First off, I just don't like the high tops. They should've just been lows the entire time. Second, there are WAY too many colorways of the elite highs being released, many of which should've been on the low elites. Third, the elite highs are overshadowing the EMs. The EMs should be the Kobe that sells out like the 8's, but they're sitting on shelves because of all the focus on the Elites. 
Don't agree with any of that. People always seem to see shoe releases as an either/or thing, when that is not always the case.

Nike is making 4 separate products here - Elite High, Elite Low, EM, EXT. (5 if you count the lifestyle joint). Oh, and ID versions of both lows.

You don't like highs, but the highs are not marketed to you then, so why be bothered? Clearly there is a market for them, and not releasing them would have been a lost business opportunity. Too many CW's of highs would be evident if they were sitting, but even the slow movers have sold out. Thinking that the CW "should've been on the low elites" is either/or thinking again, and it's possible those CW's only exist because of the larger, and more expensive template of the highs.

Elite highs (and lows) should overshadow the EM's, they are the Elite version. It's what Kobe just wore on media day, it's the one he wanted them to make. How could a shoe with carbon fiber and flyknit not overshadow an engineered mesh version without carbon? EM's are sitting because compared to the luxury/high end (Elite) products, they are boring, and just the next iteration of the last couple game shoes. Some of the CW's do sell out, but the biggest failing of the EM's seems to be just bad CW's - that is why they are sitting. Good CW's sell out, and the "eh" ones go to discount.

I don't expect to want or like every CW of any version of any shoe. I have all 4 versions, in various combos, but do not have a complete set of any version. I think they've done a great job overall.

I just hate how the whole Kobe 9 line has been handled by Nike. First off, I just don't like the high tops. They should've just been lows the entire time. Second, there are WAY too many colorways of the elite highs being released, many of which should've been on the low elites. Third, the elite highs are overshadowing the EMs. The EMs should be the Kobe that sells out like the 8's, but they're sitting on shelves because of all the focus on the Elites. 
Don't agree with any of that. People always seem to see shoe releases as an either/or thing, when that is not always the case.

Nike is making 4 separate products here - Elite High, Elite Low, EM, EXT. (5 if you count the lifestyle joint). Oh, and ID versions of both lows.

You don't like highs, but the highs are not marketed to you then, so why be bothered? Clearly there is a market for them, and not releasing them would have been a lost business opportunity. Too many CW's of highs would be evident if they were sitting, but even the slow movers have sold out. Thinking that the CW "should've been on the low elites" is either/or thinking again, and it's possible those CW's only exist because of the larger, and more expensive template of the highs.

Elite highs (and lows) should overshadow the EM's, they are the Elite version. It's what Kobe just wore on media day, it's the one he wanted them to make. How could a shoe with carbon fiber and flyknit not overshadow an engineered mesh version without carbon? EM's are sitting because compared to the luxury/high end (Elite) products, they are boring, and just the next iteration of the last couple game shoes. Some of the CW's do sell out, but the biggest failing of the EM's seems to be just bad CW's - that is why they are sitting. Good CW's sell out, and the "eh" ones go to discount.

I don't expect to want or like every CW of any version of any shoe. I have all 4 versions, in various combos, but do not have a complete set of any version. I think they've done a great job overall.
i agree with you.  Its different strokes for different folks.  I love the high elites.  The next man may hate them, its all good with me.  I'm not a giant fan of the EMs, but others love them, thats also fine.

To complete a full set I would have:

Masterpieces (own)
Beethovens (want)
Crimsons (will try to cop down the line)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll probably take the trade, another option was the mps, but i know i wouldn't wear those that much

If your a fan of the highs, its worth it. Both better than the MC lows. I dont like the highs so my choice would be Vs.

NIke KB Mentality "4AM" 

During Kobe's 2013 China tour, he woke up his players at 4 AM to teach them about mental toughness

Back
Top Bottom