[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Cudis new album is trash though. Unless that joint grows on me exponentially, Ill be removing most of the album and prob keep like 3 songs.

Kanye's album aint even out, a smart person would save his opinion for when a final product is out.

Dudes got a 179 page about 1 album, staying up till the wee hours of the morning to listen to the new GOOD Friday track...how in the hell you expect it to not be overhyped when you all going out your way to get a huge dose of Kanye on a daily basis?

Im a betting man, and Im willing to bet that all the people who are "disappointed" in this album have more posts in this thread than the people who are still willing to give it a chance.

laugh.gif
@ willing to give it a chance...

_ we heard everything except 4 songs...

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Personally I'd like to hear (plus many others) Ghostface on "Devil In A New Dress"

eek.gif
 that would be incredible, son is perfect for that beat. Instead we got this fat piece of @+!#. I will just keep my version that leaked earlier 

Originally Posted by Diego

Dudes got a 179 page about 1 album, staying up till the wee hours of the morning to listen to the new GOOD Friday track...how in the hell you expect it to not be overhyped when you all going out your way to get a huge dose of Kanye on a daily basis?

Im a betting man, and Im willing to bet that all the people who are "disappointed" in this album have more posts in this thread than the people who are still willing to give it a chance.
This.
Im sayin tho....sum of yall gotta get a hold of urself. Step away from the download button! IF and I mean IF you have any friends in real life I can bet you they havent heard all these damn songs. HELLO everybody doesnt prowl the internet for the latest Kanye song.

laugh.gif
 @ those that think they are "normal" people with these disgusted viewpoints on an album 3 weeks away from releasing...chill homie

Originally Posted by OverGrinding

laugh.gif
@ willing to give it a chance...

_ we heard everything except 4 songs...

YOU heard everything except 4 songs.
Once I found out some tracks will be on the album I stayed away from this thread.

All I know so far is:

Power - Dope
DIAND - Dope
Runaway - Dope
All the lights - Only time I heard it was on that Kanye "film" - Dope
Monster - Trash

Tell me what songs you heard completely and you can say with absolute certainty is certified trash.

You chose to listen to unfinished tracks.
Go watch your favorite movie before the final edits and let me know how much you enjoy it.

im so appalled has swizz, cyhi, and rza... its ruined

monster is ehhh

see me now is trash

yall just have no way of not liking what dude makes...

seems like the tracklist has been changed since a few days ago so there's some more i havent heard but im not hyped for any album ive heard at least half of already...

Im so appalled was def a let down.

Whats your gripe though?

You mad cause you heard the album or you mad cause the album is wack? You was probably going to download anyways. So what difference does it make to you whether you heard it now or heard it 3 weeks from now?

Unless you could sincerely tell me that you heard the album and its wack, then I dont understand what opinion youre trying to validate.

Listening to music ahead of time /= bad album

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by cartune

Can someone explain whats so quote worthy about that "sista" line

Word.
nerd.gif
Nothing at all, made me laugh the first time but it's nothing to talk about
False.

In short, It speaks to the afrocentric ideal of copying or supporting "white culture" and norms to "fit in" and be accepted rather than choosing a name that more directly reflects the lineage of black people and their collective identity...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Word.
nerd.gif
False.

In short, It speaks to the afrocentric ideal of copying or supporting "white culture" and norms to "fit in" and be accepted rather than choosing a name that more directly reflects the lineage of black people and their collective identity...

Um. What? Someone translate this....

^lol i guess...

Kanye and his obsession since 07 to become lil wayne wit sayin outlandish issh in the middle of a song is more noteworthy to me

"and she want me to ### all over her damn face".... how/why u throw that issh in there on this song mixed in w all the other REAL issh being said?

Im pro bussin on chicks face but it seems mad outta place on this track

Originally Posted by Diego

Im so appalled was def a let down.

Whats your gripe though?

You mad cause you heard the album or you mad cause the album is wack? You was probably going to download anyways. So what difference does it make to you whether you heard it now or heard it 3 weeks from now?

Unless you could sincerely tell me that you heard the album and its wack, then I dont understand what opinion youre trying to validate.

Listening to music ahead of time /= bad album

my main gripe is the good friday songs being on there... 
my 2nd gripe is the album being short as %#%$...

3rd gripe is all the features...

the tracklist that dropped a few days ago had more of the good friday songs on it... the new one has a few more songs that i havent heard but im still not hyped for it... 

i want the album to be good but all signs are saying otherwise so far... 

im hopin the other songs i havent heard will be great... prolly still wont like the album as a whole but at least gimmie some heat off it... i feel the same about graduation and LR really

i just know i better get a mixed and mastered version of dont look down soon...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Word.
nerd.gif
False.

Basically from this pseudo intellectual post he's saying black people (sounds like he's talking about all of them) should not be aspiring to be white and adopt "white" culture and should strive for a culture many have never known, won't ever be able to accurately know, and go with their roots as opposed to black American culture.

Devil in a new dress is a song Kanye should have just stayed on by himself.

Its one of those ride out/reflect on everything alone type tracks.

No feature needed.

**Kanye shrug**

Word.
nerd.gif
False.

I'm gonna agree with what I said, IT'S NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT. I'm not gonna take an average line and blow it up, it was funny...that's it.

I don't like the fact too many of the GOOD Friday tracks are on the tracklist. I thought Kanye said he was only going to use two tracks but I guess not. I also think Kanye has way too many features on this album but I am not going to jump off the bridge like some. Kanye consistently makes good music and I am sure he will deliver a solid album.

Kanye said this... Kanye said that...

Yeah he said only 2 Good Friday tracks.... lies
He said Bon Iver was on 9 tracks... lies
what else did he say?

This is why I'm honestly surprised to this day he hasn't missed a good friday yet
pimp.gif
for that.

But I'm not excited for this album at all. We've heard the verses for All Of the Lights, We've heard Lost in The World which is TERRIBLE. We've heard Runaway, Monster, So Appalled, Power, Devil in a New Dress... and instead of making DIAND better... he throws Rick Ross on it??
roll.gif
I like both monster and so appalled but they are VERY feature heavy.

I appreciate Kanye doing the Good Friday thing and giving me something to look forward to every week....but unless he proves me wrong on the Leak, I won't be purchasing this album. And I've bought EVERY Kanye album so far on release date... even with downloading the leaks weeks in advance.

I just hope I'm proven wrong...

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Word.
nerd.gif
False.

Basically from this pseudo intellectual post he's saying black people (sounds like he's talking about all of them) should not be aspiring to be white and adopt "white" culture and should strive for a culture many have never known, won't ever be able to accurately know, and go with their roots as opposed to black American culture.

So why even promote ANY afro-centric ideal?

Don't demote my post as "pseudo-intellectual" when you know damn well I was just explaining why Kanye even said that. Kanye is pro-black. Point blank. I'm defining what he meant by that.

Second of all your comment suggests that anything that sounds remotely like what kanye said in those two lines speaks to something most black people should not embrace and is pointless to reflect on but yet ya'll are the same ones touting DISTANT RELATIVES (which i'm a fan of) as Album of the Year and compiling threads of afrocentric ideals and symbols when it has the SAME messages. GTFOHWTBS
eyes.gif

^Wait are u saying something is wrong with me if I dont want my child to have a racially identifiable first name so that she wont get discriminated against in her future endeavors?

N Diego u right bussin on broads face is never outta place it is "The Joy" lol

So why even promote ANY afro-centric ideal?

Don't demote my post as "pseudo-intellectual" when you know damn well I was just explaining why Kanye even said that. Kanye is pro-black. Point blank. I'm defining what he meant by that.

Second of all your comment suggests that anything that sounds remotely like what kanye said in those two lines speaks to something most black people should not embrace and is pointless to reflect on but yet ya'll are the same ones touting DISTANT RELATIVES (which i'm a fan of) as Album of the Year and compiling threads of afrocentric ideals and symbols when it has the SAME messages. GTFOHWTBS
eyes.gif
Nah fam you either get it or you don't. I don't think I'm better than one person because they've grown up or adopted a different culture for a dumb reason or not just because they're black and they should be embodying this afrocentric ideal. You either with it or you not. It's not for every black person. There's the other various choices, black American culture (the choice many slaves and immediate descendants of slaves chose), and then looking in to your roots. My comment doesn't suggest one should not embrace the former for the latter. More like you should be fine with what you choose and be comfortable with that choice. You promote the ideal for those who subscribe to it.

I aint looking at two black sistas with "white" names thinking "Damn she never had a chance. The struggle is endless even her mother was conditioned to make sure her daughters fit in." Ye's line was pretty shallow trying to be deep. @#$++ aint special cuz his name Kanye. Should I think it's messed up cuz I meet two Asian chicks named Kelly and Brittney, thinking it should be Sakura and Chun Li? But feel some type of way cuz of a black girl I met named Elizabeth? Like really c'mon son.

01 Dark Fantasy
2 Gorgeous f. KiD CuDi & Raekwon
3 Power f. Dwele
4 All Of the Lights (Interlude)
5 All Of the Lights f. Alicia Keys, Charlie Wilson, Elly Jackson, Elton John, Fergie, John Legend, KiD CuDi, Rihanna, Ryan Leslie, The-Dream & Tony Williams
6 Monster f. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver
7 So Appalled f. Jay-Z, Pusha T, CyHi Da Prynce, Swizz Beatz & RZA
8 Devil In A New Dress feat. Rick Ross
9 Runaway f. Pusha T
10 Hell Of A Life
11 Blame Game f. John Legend
12 Lost In The World
13 Who Will Survive In America

14 See Me Now f Beyonce & Charlie Wilson [Bonus]
15 Chain Heavy f M.I.A [Exclusive iTunes]
16 Momma’s Boyfriend [Exclusive iTunes]
17 Power (rmx) f. Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz [Exclusive iTunes]
18 Pure f. Mr Hudson [Exclusive iTunes]

[url=http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/11/01/kanye-west-my-beautiful-dark-tw...]http://www.2dopeboyz.com/...-my-beautiful-dark-tw...[/url]

I can't wait to get fully mixed tracks with CD quality audio for everything. That alone is making me purchase the CD.

glad about the new bonus tracks

but some of you dudes is wild

i'm not gonna say i'm too exited about the tracklist, but dudes been giving us free music every week for about 2 months and will continue doing so until Christmas...i'm not mad at all

Back
Top Bottom