The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Take away the Jumpman and Wings logos and they look like LeBrons. No resemblance to the 1s whatsoever.

Thats cuz all models share the same tech. Thats been happening since Nikes creation. So of course these would fit a certain standard to this era. Hyper dunks, KDs, LBJs, CPs, Superflys, etc have the similar construction. As for not looking like a AJ1, the leather heel, and ankle collar is a nod. Of course they won't make em look verbatim because people would bash em either way.

Thats cuz all models share the same tech. Thats been happening since Nikes creation. So of course these would fit a certain standard to this era. Hyper dunks, KDs, LBJs, CPs, Superflys, etc have the similar construction. As for not looking like a AJ1, the leather heel, and ankle collar is a nod. Of course they won't make em look verbatim because people would bash em either way.

Yep. No different then how the Jordan 8 and Air Raid have a similar look. These are constructed like other shoes in its era.

No one else finds it ironic the complaints don't match the poll on this thread.

A little over 50% isn't the greatest either. Other than the life size Jumpman, I like the shoe. Even the Foamposite One didn't need a life size swoosh to become a classic. They should remember that.

Actually 53% is very significant in any statistic use case. Also 13% is also significant in marketing realm assuming 50% of passive surveys could be swayed. That's nearly 60% in a controlled group with a strong knowledge base of the market and competition. That's very significant.

Seeing the heel of the shoe it's kinda molded like the AJ 23 more so than the AJ 1 so the Jumpman placement wouldn't look too clean on the heel. The swoosh seems to blend into the flynit on some of the on feet pics and makes it the shoe a bit more appealing aestically IMO. Still, they had a chance to home run with shoe from both a nostalgic and performance stanpoint. Keeping the wings logo and bringing the swoosh back with a bit more emphasis would've done the job. Consumers know that these are jordans, no need to wrestle for ad spots on ya kicks JB

Last edited:

No one else finds it ironic the complaints don't match the poll on this thread.
That's because there are like 10 people who just keep posting the same complaint over and over. We get it.
roll.gif

XXX has been completed discarded by JB.

A stop gap model.

If the XXX1 is ready to go, then they knew this while trying to convince us 3s, 4s, and 5s were largely "the same." SMH

I like the XXX, but it's no denying it's a 29.5.

No excuses on the XXX1..."you got time today, cuz."
when tinker said that i was like "u know wtf i mean dog"

the tech is the same yea, but the midsole and outsoles are very different, theyre all three different designs with the only similarity being the visible air unit

the xx9 and xxx have the exact same midsole and outsole design

I'm shocked so many people are saying the XXX1 delivers.

the tech is the same yea, but the midsole and outsoles are very different, theyre all three different designs with the only similarity being the visible air unit

Yeah, but then you could say it had the same sole as the Air Revolution/Flight 89

Last edited:
Actually 53% is very significant in any statistic use case. Also 13% is also significant in marketing realm assuming 50% of passive surveys could be swayed. That's nearly 60% in a controlled group with a strong knowledge base of the market and competition. That's very significant.

I don't care about some insignificant NT poll, all I care about is these hitting outlets in big numbers.

Last edited:
Yep. No different then how the Jordan 8 and Air Raid have a similar look. These are constructed like other shoes in its era.

What shoes do the 9s, 10s 11s, 12s, 13s and 14s resemble? The only shoes that I can think of that vaguely looked like those were the respective Team Jordan models (starting with the Jumpman Team 1) which were kind of designed like unique takedown models with similar tech and many cws for teams to wear.

Last edited:
I'm shocked so many people are saying the XXX1 delivers.

Yeah, but then you could say it had the same sole as the Air Revolution/Flight 89
thats a different argument altogether that no one really cares about

thats more of a lateral move 

the issue was that its jordans sig line and the next model in succession had very minimum design differences than the predecessor, its the sig line, every new model should have a new and refreshed design, we already know theyve reached the limits of footwear tech (or they dont want to invest in any innovative tech) but design is another story 

styles, concepts, inspirations are nearly infinite but they give us the same exact midsole and outsole and damn near the same upper

There's definitely some Jordan brand moles among us :nerd:. They're always in these threads sounding like groupies.

Yeah it is kind of obvious, if you look at their post history you can kind of see who most likely works at Nike...

Meanwhile, the XXX1s will be padding the walls of Nike Factory Stores/outlets in the next few months, much like the Lebron 13s and KD 8s are doing so currently.

Last edited:
What shoes do the 9s, 10s 11s, 12s, 13s and 14s resemble? The only shoes that I can think of that vaguely looked like those were the respective Team Jordan models (starting with the Jumpman Team 1) which were kind of designed like unique takedown models with similar tech and many cws for teams to wear.

It's not even about the look but the materials used. The 9-14 didn't use some all new materials that had never before been used by Nike.

The original post on the topic was the 31 resembles a LeBron. I've never seen a LeBron signature with FlyWeave. That type of construction is common amongst Nikes current sneakers. The KD 8 for example. It's not as if JB creates a never before seen material every signature shoe and suddenly copied what's on the market. I believe the first FlyWeave signature was a Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom