The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

They didn't allow people to try them on at the pop up shop but the toe box looked narrow. The flyweave is very pliable and soft. Very lightweight shoe. If it gets stepped on a lot or you cut too hard I can see it potentially ripping. Let's see if the zoom pops or the flyweave rips first :lol:

That's new school toe shape, all that is, Tinker if nothing less usually always delivers his patented toe shape not everytime but when he was priming like clockwork, other designers are obvious non-Jordan toe

They didn't allow people to try them on at the pop up shop but the toe box looked narrow. The flyweave is very pliable and soft. Very lightweight shoe. If it gets stepped on a lot or you cut too hard I can see it potentially ripping. Let's see if the zoom pops or the flyweave rips first :lol:

Do you even have a pair of xx9?
From all my air jordans 1 - 21, 2010 - xx9, these have been worn most in the recent 20 months and they dont look worn out at all. They truly improved the durability after the scandalous xx8 zoom air bag popping.
I worn my xx9 only outdoor and played on rubber ground not asphalt. I'm 5'9 at 170 lbs i would say.
I had stability and durability concerns at the beginning but on the end they turned out to be fine.
Haven't heard about durability issues of the xxx as well, so i don't expect the xxx1 to be less durable in design.

Last edited:
toe shape is one of the things JB did well yet you chose to nitpick about it lol

This.
As if the toe shapes of KDs, Kyrie2, and most other modern nike basketball shoes would be better.
Most other basketball shoes have that ugly banana shape wuth the tip going up.
The toe shape of the xxx1 are similar to the xx9 and 2011 whicb were decent and good.

So we know what is on the bottom of the breds but how about the other CWs? Doubt they put BANNED on those...
Any pics ?

Im also not feeling the jumpman, i think it shouldnt be there BUT since it is i cant determine whether its just too close or that its too damn big ... prob both

The black & red colorway, if yall dont like it why not just paint over it

I liked the banned CW.  Like others, I wish the Jumpan was either removed, or swapped w/ the Wings logo on the inside of the shoe.

Signed up for that "reminder".  Would be nice if that would allow you to go ahead and preorder the shoes the night prior, so can put all focus/attention on the Blk/Red AJ1s on the 3rd.  Like most NTers, would like a couple pairs of them to add to the rotation.

You shouldnt have to? You say this like JB made a mass error and put it on there

if you dont like it then dont buy it.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Obviouksy you can't be in love with every single model. I feel they almost got this right. I have been debating buying them and trying to decide whether to paint the Jumpman, or the Swoosh. Then I ask myself why I would purchase a shoe I have to do a bunch of work on, and do I really "like" it for what it is. If you don't like the items they put out they will learn to tweak stuff how the consumers like. If you simply buy something because it has a certain logo, I think there's a word for that.....

View media item 2111096
I swear when I see this picture, I'm just really confused at how they went with the nascar logos on the outside and the subtle logo on the inside. Wings on the outside, jumpman tongue and Nike check would have been perfect. LESS IS MORE. They just jerked tf out of customers. I wish people would wake up and stop buying BS until they get it right.

Take away the Jumpman and Wings logos and they look like LeBrons. No resemblance to the 1s whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom