**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

So if REAL lab diamonds are considered fake does that mean IVF babies are fake babies and not real humans?
No one ever said lab diamonds were "fake"

We were talking about moissanites

Moissanites are not pure carbon diamonds, nor are they anything like diamonds. These imitators are completely unrelated to diamonds, but are designed to look like them.

Moissanites are not pure carbon diamonds, nor are they anything like diamonds. These imitators are completely unrelated to diamonds, but are designed to look like them.

oh ok.  Like i said.  Having a 20k piece and a $10k chain with some earrings meant to look like diamonds is wack.  Lab diamonds and mossanite are the same thing.  Both are created in a lab to look like real diamonds.  

This discussion is always entertaining. Let ninja cook with his moissanite, he still got one of the biggest pendants on the block. If he wanna rock moissanite and put the cash difference in the bank, let him cook, haha.

I wouldn't mess with moissanite, doesn't look like real diamonds in that video to me. Got too much color going on in them.

I'm not even trynna get in the argument...
But we all know moissanite are made to imitate diamonds at a fraction of the cost.

I didn't like the way the moissanite sparkled either...
It hits too much, wit a rainbow colored hue.
The diamond looked nicer in my opinion.

With that being said, wear what u want...

Last edited:

Unfortunately we didn't get to snap too many pics of the piece because he picked it up right away. He had come to us with the idea and gave us the task of executing it. It has 65ct of VS1 stones and weighs 193.1 grams. The clip on this particular piece isn't removable by request. We sat down multiple times getting all the details together and even deciding what kind of chain he wanted to go with it. He ultimately decided on a rope chain due to how the Cuban Link sits inside the bail.  Is there anything specific you were curious about? 

Awesome insight on da background information.
Its definitely appreciated. You pretty much answered everything i had as far as what was on top of my head.

More insight on stuff like this is appreciated thanks.

Onyx in way cheaper than Moisannites but it's put in jewelry all the time. I wear this 14k Onyx ring daily. 

I would like a yellow Topaz ring aswell.

I'm not even trynna get in the argument...
But we all know moissanite are made to imitate diamonds at a fraction of the cost.

I didn't like the way the moissanite sparkled either...
It hits too much, wit a rainbow colored hue.
The diamond looked nicer in my opinion.

With that being said, wear what u want...
When the UV's hit that bull....

This discussion is always entertaining. Let ninja cook with his moissanite, he still got one of the biggest pendants on the block. If he wanna rock moissanite and put the cash difference in the bank, let him cook, haha.

I wouldn't mess with moissanite, doesn't look like real diamonds in that video to me. Got too much color going on in them.
When the UV's hit that bull.

Are you BostonGeorge the rapper from Houston?

me personally i wouldnt cop moissanite and prefer diamonds but at the end of the day its all preference... if ninja likes that then let him cook... different strokes for different folks and thats why we have options to choose from... but i rather cop the diamond even if its more money but thats just me...but anyway whats the best spot to cop a cuban bracelet from? im thinking of hitting up reys because their cubans look official but i also want the best price too... so if daniels is better ill cop from them...

Last edited:
[thread="127594"]
Obviously the technique is different but arent both made in a lab?  

I'll say it again...  The moment you make the statement they shine harder than diamonds and cost way less your wack
[/thread]

So accurately describing something scientifically is "wack"? Lol

Moissanites have a higher dispersion rate & a higher refractive index...its just proven science.

me personally i wouldnt cop moissanite and prefer diamonds but at the end of the day its all preference... if ninja likes that then let him cook... different strokes for different folks and thats why we have options to choose from... but i rather cop the diamond even if its more money but thats just me...but anyway whats the best spot to cop a cuban bracelet from? im thinking of hitting up reys because their cubans look official but i also want the best price too... so if daniels is better ill cop from them...

Reys & leon got da best prices. Daniels are next in line after that.

So if REAL lab diamonds are considered fake does that mean IVF babies are fake babies and not real humans?

Originally Posted by theconnect  

oh ok.  Like i said.  Having a 20k piece and a $10k chain with some earrings meant to look like diamonds is wack.  Lab diamonds and mossanite are the same thing.  Both are created in a lab to look like real diamonds.
Synthetic diamonds and Moissanite's are the same thing? You mean synthetic diamonds and synthetic Moissanites are the same?  Cause if so, yall still wrong.

Hint: Periodic Table

roll.gif

Synthetic diamonds and Moissanite's are the same thing? You mean synthetic diamonds and synthetic Moissanites are the same?  Cause if so, yall still wrong.

roll.gif
I am a Sr. pharmacist during the day and manage a combination of Pharmacists and Pharm techs in multiple states........

200 in Phx, 250 in Tucson, 100 in LV, 100 in Tampa.  

Cut it out breh.  

Dont fake.  Do it all the way.  

Last edited:
I am a Sr. pharmacist during the day and manage a combination of Pharmacists and Pharm techs in multiple states........

Cut it out breh.  

Reported

Synthetic diamonds and Moissanite's are the same thing? You mean synthetic diamonds and synthetic Moissanites are the same?  Cause if so, y'all still wrong.

roll.gif

Cut it out breh.  

Bruh I don't care if you're a Sr. Citizen that's reached Meek Mill levels in every state. I was going to take you serious until you started making up stuff like Moissanites are only made in labs. If you were to ask your Geology professor at ITT Tech. or where ever it is you go to school you'd know it's a natural stone. 

I'm not a fan of Moissanties or Diamonds but that doesn't mean I'm going to make up facts about them. Either educate yourself about rocks or go kick em'

Last edited:
A century ago, Nobel Prize winner Dr. Henri Moissan discovered minute quantities of a new mineral in an ancient meteorite in Arizona. At its essence was the potential for an absolutely shimmering brilliance, fire, luster, and incredible hardness. Unfortunately, the supply of natural moissanite wasn't large enough even to create a pair of earrings. It was only after years of research that a breakthrough discovery enabled the limited production & distribution of moissanite "a new diamond simulate" by Charles & Colvard, with crystals large enough to produce an uncommon combination of science and art.

Everything I've read says they're grown or created in labs, I have no dog in this fight though

Last edited:
A century ago, Nobel Prize winner Dr. Henri Moissan discovered minute quantities of a new mineral in an ancient meteorite in Arizona. At its essence was the potential for an absolutely shimmering brilliance, fire, luster, and incredible hardness. Unfortunately, the supply of natural moissanite wasn't large enough even to create a pair of earrings. It was only after years of research that a breakthrough discovery enabled the limited production & distribution of moissanite "a new diamond simulate" by Charles & Colvard, with crystals large enough to produce an uncommon combination of science and art.

Everything I've read says they're grown or created in labs
The stuff used in jewelry is created in labs. But they do occur in small quantities in nature.

Everything I've read says they're grown or created in labs, I have no dog in this fight though
*Hov voice

Do you fool's listen to music or just skim through it

http://www.gia.edu/gems-gemology/summer-2014-gemnews-moissanite-crystals-israel

Over the past 14 years, however, more than 2,500 crystals of natural moissanite have been discovered by Shefa Yamim, an Israeli exploration and mining company. The crystals come from primary and alluvial deposits along the Kishon River, near Haifa in northern Israel. Shefa Yamim began prospecting in this area following the 1988 prophetic statement of the Lubavitcher Rebbe that “precious stones and gems” would be discovered in the valley next to Haifa

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom