**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by rhester

Brandon Jennings

fy0oav.jpg

YOUNG MONEY ROOKIE OF THE YEAR.......

is anyone willing to break down the 'Jacob' Jesus piece against other pieces? Maybe because Im new to the jewelery game Im not seeing a majordifference. Why is the Jacob Jesus so 'sought after' compared to the others?

-J23C

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

is anyone willing to break down the 'Jacob' Jesus piece against other pieces? Maybe because Im new to the jewelery game Im not seeing a major difference. Why is the Jacob Jesus so 'sought after' compared to the others?

-J23C
to me Jacob has the best molds, owning other Jesus pieces not Jacob they don't hold up to the jacob. the one with the porcelin face is alegend and whoever made the murakami made a legend too. 100% of the jesus pieces on ebay are garbage imo. a lot of people dont care for them or jesus pieces tobegin with. i always been down with the religious pieces since i started wearing jewelry and im not religious which is a contradiction. when i was in my teensit was always about a nice cross, patron saint or one of them circle pieces with the virgin mary on it. to me the jacob mold just does it for me. i alwaysappreciated how the crown on top always stuck out on the sides just a little. my personal favorite is the painted one Kayne and them got. my 2 cents.
wink.gif

python,
pimp.gif
Always loved and wanted a Jacob Jesus but just not sure how it wouldlook on me.. Im debating on a nice cross or a custom peice.. I feel lke the cross is clean and can be worn with anything and anywhere. Customs not so much,since they tend to be more gaudy and wouldnt look as nice to a family gathering/dinner..

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

python,
pimp.gif
Always loved and wanted a Jacob Jesus but just not sure how it would look on me.. Im debating on a nice cross or a custom peice.. I feel lke the cross is clean and can be worn with anything and anywhere. Customs not so much, since they tend to be more gaudy and wouldnt look as nice to a family gathering/dinner..

absolutely. stuff like the jesus piece and or custom pieces tend to be super gaudy. you cant loose with a cross, when u go custom like a jesus or your owncreation u get the %#! from friends family strangers (old ladys lol). sometimes i like the gaudiness sometimes i want to still wear a chain but be more lowkey about it.

Originally Posted by python002

python,
pimp.gif
Always loved and wanted a Jacob Jesus but just not sure how it would look on me.. Im debating on a nice cross or a custom peice.. I feel lke the cross is clean and can be worn with anything and anywhere. Customs not so much, since they tend to be more gaudy and wouldnt look as nice to a family gathering/dinner..

absolutely. stuff like the jesus piece and or custom pieces tend to be super gaudy. you cant loose with a cross, when u go custom like a jesus or your own creation u get the %#! from friends family strangers (old ladys lol). sometimes i like the gaudiness sometimes i want to still wear a chain but be more low key about it.

That is the main thing keeping me back..
laugh.gif
We'll see what I come upwith..

is anyone willing to break down the 'Jacob' Jesus piece against other pieces? Maybe because Im new to the jewelery game Im not seeing a major difference. Why is the Jacob Jesus so 'sought after' compared to the others?

-J23C
to me Jacob has the best molds, owning other Jesus pieces not Jacob they don't hold up to the jacob. the one with the porcelin face is a legend and whoever made the murakami made a legend too. 100% of the jesus pieces on ebay are garbage imo. a lot of people dont care for them or jesus pieces to begin with. i always been down with the religious pieces since i started wearing jewelry and im not religious which is a contradiction. when i was in my teens it was always about a nice cross, patron saint or one of them circle pieces with the virgin mary on it. to me the jacob mold just does it for me. i always appreciated how the crown on top always stuck out on the sides just a little. my personal favorite is the painted one Kayne and them got. my 2 cents.
wink.gif

thanks for the response
happy.gif

what would the going price be for a Jacob Jesus? just the Jesus head alone..

-J23C

5c72694472edb5dda729aa0eb1e1bd188d37f65f.jpg

for simplicity i always been a fan of the dog tag, this is a bad pic but after my hard drive crashed in my stupid dell i lost the super size pics this dude hadof this piece. its got like 22ct vvs and is like 75 grams which is pretty heavy for a dog tag.

thanks for the response
happy.gif

what would the going price be for a Jacob Jesus? just the Jesus head alone..

-J23C

we were just talkin bout that, at first Jacob was telling people 25k then they may have lowered the price down to like 15-17k. other jewels can copy the moldand make it for lower. IF posted pics of a black one a few pages back but the "bail" is not as big nor does it have as many grams although i am surethem or any other jewelers on here could make you one to ur liking. thats why i posted some pics of size and weight so people can compare to other onesposted.

python,
pimp.gif

absolutely. stuff like the jesus piece and or custom pieces tend to be super gaudy. you cant loose with a cross, when u go custom like a jesus or your own creation u get the %#! from friends family strangers (old ladys lol). sometimes i like the gaudiness sometimes i want to still wear a chain but be more low key about it.

That is the main thing keeping me back..
laugh.gif
We'll see what I come up with..
Yea I copped a gold rosary for the days I want to go a little calmer than my custom piece.

-J23C
Your sig says it all (being from the Northwest). In the Northeast that piece is a classic. As much as I hate to say it (being a boston fan) it isabout as timeless as a Yankee fitted. White T, some jeans and some J's wit a Jesus piece in the summer is what its all about. It all boils down to Biggieand NY Hip Hop in the 90s.

If you not from around here its hard to see it. But here it is timeless.

I occasionally come into this thread to daydream about the jewelery I want lol. 17 with no $$$ FTL

but I think that it's cool that there are actual jewelers on here. Like people who actually make jewelery. I always wondered, what do you have to do toMAKE jewelery? Like do you go to school or are there any prerequisites for the skill??

anyway

I've heard of Ben Baller and IF&CO (sp) on here, who are some other jewelers on here? Is Jason of BH on NT?

that scale got a little residue on it homie, be easy...

that jacob jesus looks real dope, nice piece and pics...

Back
Top Bottom