**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by roman736

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

never buy a ring from a mall or major store.... even if your girl is in love with that tiffany box....
I see mall stores or even robins bros carry SI1 diamonds for VVS prices

a couple things posted on my blog
wink.gif

Hey Ben, can you tell me which blog posts I should read? You have a lot on your blog and I couldn't find anything glancing through it that could school me on engagement rings or buying jewelry/diamonds. A quick guide in the right direction on your blog is all I need. This is a really important step of my life so I would really appreciate any guidance.

i dont remember anything on his blog regarding engagement ring guides or anything- best bet is to ask what you need to know and people will answer here-

If you say so. Let's start with the basics: Where or from who should I buy an engagement ring from? Seeing how I'm pretty much a kid still and never had a job, I don't have a lot of money to play with so I wanna get the most bang for my buck.
take your time my dude... know what your getting into...

Originally Posted by CJ863

never buy a ring from a mall or major store.... even if your girl is in love with that tiffany box....

wink.gif

Hey Ben, can you tell me which blog posts I should read? You have a lot on your blog and I couldn't find anything glancing through it that could school me on engagement rings or buying jewelry/diamonds. A quick guide in the right direction on your blog is all I need. This is a really important step of my life so I would really appreciate any guidance.

i dont remember anything on his blog regarding engagement ring guides or anything- best bet is to ask what you need to know and people will answer here-

If you say so. Let's start with the basics: Where or from who should I buy an engagement ring from? Seeing how I'm pretty much a kid still and never had a job, I don't have a lot of money to play with so I wanna get the most bang for my buck.
i wont even get to advice on IF you should or not but if your looking to cop-

know the style you/she wants...the main part of the ring is the center stone...what shape do you want? do you want quality over size or size over quality? goto bluenile.com and use the ring maker to see the different shapes of stones -

next is the band- what metal do you want...is your girl a yellow gold wearer? white? plat? do you want a simple one center stone solitaire setup or do you wanta 3 stone setup? do you want diamonds on the band etc etc... theres a million different options that come down to preference -

bluenile will also give you a price idea and ballpark - you can then take that idea to local jewelers (not the mall) or even focus or if&co and see if theycan get/make you what you need

if your young and not holding onto much $ you should prob focus on getting a smaller quality value that way you can upgrade it later and keep trading itin...or cop one of those 3 stone 1cttw promise joints from the mall and call it a day until you can buy something nicer

wink.gif

Don't take this the wrong way, butttttttt admitting you're still a kid + marriage = disaster...

Originally Posted by CJ863

wink.gif

i wont even get to advice on IF you should or not but if your looking to cop-

know the style you/she wants...the main part of the ring is the center stone...what shape do you want? do you want quality over size or size over quality? go to bluenile.com and use the ring maker to see the different shapes of stones -

next is the band- what metal do you want...is your girl a yellow gold wearer? white? plat? do you want a simple one center stone solitaire setup or do you want a 3 stone setup? do you want diamonds on the band etc etc... theres a million different options that come down to preference -

bluenile will also give you a price idea and ballpark - you can then take that idea to local jewelers (not the mall) or even focus or if&co and see if they can get/make you what you need

if your young and not holding onto much $ you should prob focus on getting a smaller quality value that way you can upgrade it later and keep trading it in...or cop one of those 3 stone 1cttw promise joints from the mall and call it a day until you can buy something nicer

Thank you! I needed some advice along these lines. I pretty much know what I'm looking for. I definitely would rather go with a solitaire with a standardround cut. My gf is not a flashy girl and she won't care what kind of ring I buy for her. The important thing is that I propose to her. Besides, we'reboth in the middle of medical school so she knows once I get paid she'll have whatever jewelry she wants, if she doesn't buy it first.
Originally Posted by pdot

Don't take this the wrong way, butttttttt admitting you're still a kid + marriage = disaster...

Well we're both 24 (i do look like a kid though) and I'm absolutely confident we have a stronger relationship than pretty much any couple I know.

OUR FELLOW NTER ZAHIR IS GONNA BE ON ATLANTA'S BIGGEST RADIO STATION V-103 AT 7PM EASTERN WITH DJ GREGSTREET TALKING JEWELS! YES, YELLING.

STREAM ON WVEE.COM

Originally Posted by Mr T from the A

OUR FELLOW NTER ZAHIR IS GONNA BE ON ATLANTA'S BIGGEST RADIO STATION V-103 AT 7PM EASTERN WITH DJ GREGSTREET TALKING JEWELS! YES, YELLING.

STREAM ON WVEE.COM
pimp.gif

late to the party, but just saw T-Pain's BIG @$# CHAIN. props to Zahir+his fam for the craftsmanship, but I think Rob/onhollowed echoed my sentiments in anutshell......seems like people are ran outa GOOD ideas a long time ago and just having stuff made for shock value. oh well, far beit for moi to tell anotherman how to spend his own $$$ tho.....

on a sidenote, things are still pretty nutso out there on the streets, incl the golden ones. Dolla gets clipped at the Bev Center, and just a few weeks backone of my dudes answers the call @ a chez-chez jewelry boutique down in Union Square. Coupla guys took the place down in BROAD DAYLIGHT ~3pm on a weekday for$400k!?
eek.gif
surprised they published the take cuz they usually try to keep that under wraps, but pretty crazy how desperate+bold goons are getting nowadays.more jewelry biz owners should make like the Asian ones in the Eastside SGV....have guards posted up front & center w/the M-bergs+Benellis.....not the mostclassy set-up gotta let the jackers know you mean biz.

oh, and sis is getting hitched in a few. hit up NT's Resident Evil, but she+hubby just regular 9 to 5 kids, so went w/a local spot instead. ring turned outclean...not my type of steez, but she didn't want to go cookie-cutter & Tiffany solitaire like everyone else......has a vintage look. sorry, no picscuz i never put my biz, esp fam's out there like that.

Originally Posted by CLsmooth71

late to the party, but just saw T-Pain's BIG @$# CHAIN. props to Zahir+his fam for the craftsmanship, but I think Rob/onhollowed echoed my sentiments in a nutshell......seems like people are ran outa GOOD ideas a long time ago and just having stuff made for shock value. oh well, far beit for moi to tell another man how to spend his own $$$ tho.....

on a sidenote, things are still pretty nutso out there on the streets, incl the golden ones. Dolla gets clipped at the Bev Center, and just a few weeks back one of my dudes answers the call @ a chez-chez jewelry boutique down in Union Square. Coupla guys took the place down in BROAD DAYLIGHT ~3pm on a weekday for $400k!?
eek.gif
surprised they published the take cuz they usually try to keep that under wraps, but pretty crazy how desperate+bold goons are getting nowadays. more jewelry biz owners should make like the Asian ones in the Eastside SGV....have guards posted up front & center w/the M-bergs+Benellis.....not the most classy set-up gotta let the jackers know you mean biz.

oh, and sis is getting hitched in a few. hit up NT's Resident Evil, but she+hubby just regular 9 to 5 kids, so went w/a local spot instead. ring turned out clean...not my type of steez, but she didn't want to go cookie-cutter & Tiffany solitaire like everyone else......has a vintage look. sorry, no pics cuz i never put my biz, esp fam's out there like that.
fam... you just told us about your sis getting hitched... defeated your own "purpose"
laugh.gif

haven't been on forever and a day, but kids are already busting my chops! lol i don't get into specifics when it comes to moi+fam......better??

btw, ain't nothing "legit" about Dumb-Zeros, Spiziikes, Kanyuckys or any of that other new jack garbage! man, i HATE those things!

GO LAKE SHOW!!

haha i'm up here right now at the station right now. i just got on for the second time and shouted out NT, lol.

and t, the asian one not the other one lol.

This Louis Vuitton accessory nonesense is going to far... Omarion has what looks to be 3 (maybe 4) Louis Vuitton coin purses on his belt loop and 2 LouisVuitton scarfs hanging out of his pocket... C'mon, seriously?...

Back
Top Bottom