**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

its NY centric, its da yankee fitted of jewelry. when i see one its representative of my NY & da 80's-90's papi shampoo Hispanic dealer swag.

you gotta remember, most of these styles came from China Town/Fordham FD, Fulton mall, etc.

da ghostface jesus piece is da product of a Dominican jewelry company that came from Washington Heights & moved to Miami to make things whole sale.
Who made the Jesus piece popular?

it was already a popular piece amongst latinos, ghostface was da first person i seen in hiphop, then Biggie straight ran with it, then Mase really made it that fly dude piece... Kanye's favorite rapper was Mase so once Kanye got put on he made it even more mainstream.

Who made the Jesus piece popular?
There's like different generations of it becoming popular. I feel like NY dudes had it in the 90's.

Then Kanye rocked one and it become "in" again
laugh.gif

How much would a chain like the one Mookie Betts is wearing in this picture cost?

Ghostface Killah was the first person to rock the Jesus Piece
in hip hop maybe... not out in the real world though. 

PR jesus was rocking a heavy JP in the 80's

excuse the grainy *** picture

and like i said to each his own about rocking a naked chain, i rocked a few heavy pieces in my day and honestly always ended up hanging something off it. 

even a diamond chain would look better with a flooded pendant but thats just me... i came from the era just under the one above in that community and that was the norm.

Me either. The silver ones were poppin in 1999-2000 though
laugh.gif

I prefer Miami Cuban or Franco.

Looking for 14k 28" Franco right now.

Do you guys prefer Cubans over Figs?
nothing wrong with a figaro if its set up nicely. 

big ones like the one rae has on in those pics are nice but you dont see them much (being worn)

i have a few of them, diamond cut and flats. 

miami cubans are nice though you see them everywhere ( most of them will either be hollow or fakes though) 
I remember these

Think i still have one somewhere at my moms crib
had a couple mariner links in my day as well. 

these were staples back in the hay day. 

Ayeeee! Which part of VA? Lived in the 434 for a good minute
757 ... Grew up on shell rd ... Went to bethel high with Iverson for 2 years . He's one year older than me though . My last year there was when they locked him up for that bowling alley fight ... I'm in Maryland now though.. Miss Va a lot .. My mom and family is still there

I'm from Virginia ... We always had our love for chains and jewelry... Home of iverson
smokin.gif
have some fam and some biddies out in VA. 

iverson always kept some dope set ups, that pic above with the big ol diamond chains is testament to that lol. 

So where can I get a solid Franco bros? Looking for a 3.5-4mm 28" 14k.
nerd.gif
pretty much any jeweler will carry some francos. 

yellow, white, or rose? 

square or round? 

btw round francos are dope

Back
Top Bottom