**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

thinking of copping a 4mm 24in 14k cuban link chain for 1000... and its 28 grams by the way... is that a good deal? anyone have a pic of a 4mm cuban link i just want to get an idea of how thick it is

thinking of copping a 4mm 24in 14k cuban link chain for 1000... and its 28 grams by the way... is that a good deal? anyone have a pic of a 4mm cuban link i just want to get an idea of how thick it is
Random pic but that is a 4mm chain and probably 20". Yes 1000 clams for 28 grams of 14kt is a good price.

Last edited:

4mm will be tiny. I originally went with 5 and that was small. I went up to a 6 and now I'm probably going to get a 7 or 7.5

If you don't want something too big get a 5.5 or a 6 I'd say

Ok thanks, Lobster clasps make me nervous. I had a friend that had his just break and his chain fall down his shirt luckily his shirt was tucked in so he didn't lose it.

The little jump jump rings connecting the chain to the lobster clasp are the most susceptible part to fail/break. Otherwise lobster clasps are pretty safe and look the most aesthetic for smaller chains.

4mm will be tiny. I originally went with 5 and that was small. I went up to a 6 and now I'm probably going to get a 7 or 7.5

If you don't want something too big get a 5.5 or a 6 I'd say
Depends what look he's going for, some would say 4mm is big..

Do all smaller chains under 4mm come with Lobster clasps?
For cubans ya. But i did see Daniels make 4mm's with box locks on them but it looks weird. Other flatter style chains use lobster clasps for bigger chains up to around 8mm.

Last edited:
where could you get 4mm and under cubans in 18k?  when I inquired about it in the summer someone was like we only do 5mm and up in 18k.

where could you get 4mm and under cubans in 18k?  when I inquired about it in the summer someone was like we only do 5mm and up in 18k.
Sarraf.com has them in 4mm for around 55/g after you use the 10% off coupon.

I would confirm the weight/price though before you buy because some of the weights don't makes sense.

Last edited:
yeah I think I saw those, those are kinda heavy for what I want.  plus they're yellow.  What I'm looking for is a 32"-36" rose gold 3.5-4mm cuban, like 50-55 grams at the most.  Maybe I'll just settle for 14k though.

Oh and to make it so I'm not overposting, this is what I meant about gold + steel watch parts:

I think a gold + steel datejust link is similar but I'm not sure?  Anyways, this looks like the gold would get worn down by the steel or no?

There's really nothing to worry about if you buy a two tone modern Rolex. They are making the gold center links solid now vs a Civil War era Rolex which had hollow links.

well what I mean is, I have this watch:

yea the couch is dirty but I'm moving so I don't even know how I have time for niketalk.  anyways I like this bubble shaped grill/crystal guard more.

but it's steel.  I'm worried that it could mess up the inside of the case where the gold one is supposed to go.  yeah I could get someone to make one but that'd be kinda expensive plus not 100% OG parts meant to fit that watch.  plus I feel that future funds for this watch should go towards finding a gold bracelet for the watch that someone in North America is selling. 

Last edited:
Dope watch

well what I mean is, I have this watch:

yea the couch is dirty but I'm moving so I don't even know how I have time for niketalk.  anyways I like this bubble shaped grill/crystal guard more.

but it's steel.  I'm worried that it could mess up the inside of the case where the gold one is supposed to go.  yeah I could get someone to make one but that'd be kinda expensive plus not 100% OG parts meant to fit that watch.  plus I feel that future funds for this watch should go towards finding a gold bracelet for the watch that someone in North America is selling. 

Come on powerball ... If I win I'm buying everyone on this thread a g shock
That's... so kind of you Antonio 
laugh.gif

Anybody purchased a Cuban from both Reys and Daniels? Any major differences? I have one from Daniels but plan to get one from Reys.

Back
Top Bottom