**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

cuban links  (chain and bracelet) are hollow hence the lobster clasps , small chain with the angel on it is a 14k solid cuban i got for my daughter.....everything else is 10k ....dont waste your time if your going to downtalk the hollows.... i had a big solid cuban link and solid san lazaro a couple years ago and got robbed at gunpoint ...i always said after that i rather have different hollows that i can wear altogether when i want to stunt or just wear them one setup at a time .......i usually just wear the cuban link chain (tucked in) and bracelet on the daily

thinking about selling that cross , its a good size , 13 dwt or 20.1 grams ....about 3 ct of diamonds according to jeweler i bought it from before.....how much should i try to sell it for privately? 

Looks good. Along time ago when i didn't know jack about jewelry i bought a hollow rope chain and it would dent from just pushing on it with your finger nail. Wearing those long solid heavy cubans is just asking for trouble cause someone could just slip it over your head or if someone yanks it hard enough they could break your damn neck. Franco chains and miami cubans are pretty heavy so it's understandable why they make hollow ones. The only thing that i can't get down with is the gold plated stuff but i'm too old to clown someone for it.

How many mm and what's the weight on that bracelet?
i dont know about the mm but believe it or not ........the bracelet is 6.1 dwt / 9.4 grams lol..... the night they stole my solid cuban i also had a solid bracelet around this size that was around 30 dwt / 45 grams .....believe it or not the cuban chain is 16.6 dwt // 26 grams 

Looks good. Along time ago when i didn't know jack about jewelry i bought a hollow rope chain and it would dent from just pushing on it with your finger nail. Wearing those long solid heavy cubans is just asking for trouble cause someone could just slip it over your head or if someone yanks it hard enough they could break your damn neck. Franco chains and miami cubans are pretty heavy so it's understandable why they make hollow ones. The only thing that i can't get down with is the gold plated stuff but i'm too old to clown someone for it.
i cant do gold plated , i support any real gold any size ....like i always say here.......10 gram gold necklace > 200 gram silver chain even if its just 10k but thats just me 

Got my chain in from Rey, happy with his work once again

Im looking for a nice 20-22 inch gold or rose gold chain. Nothing big and gaudy, just a regular chain, no pendants. Where is a good place too look? Also unlike 90% of NTers I'm not a millionaire and its probably going to be tucked 60% of the time bc of work so I'm looking to spend no more than $700.

I would say start at your local jewelry spots to try some on to give you an ideal size wise and a lot of people here recommend sarraf as they have different styles to choose from and decent pricing

Im looking for a nice 20-22 inch gold or rose gold chain. Nothing big and gaudy, just a regular chain, no pendants. Where is a good place too look? Also unlike 90% of NTers I'm not a millionaire and its probably going to be tucked 60% of the time bc of work so I'm looking to spend no more than $700.
If you get a 20" chain you won't have a choice to tuck it in or not cause it will sit above your collar. Maybe you're going for a certain look but you should try someone on that is 20 - 22" before you buy it cause it's kinda short imo. Anyways there is lot's to get under $700. 

Last edited:
If you get a 20" chain you won't have a choice to tuck it in cause it will sit above your collar. Maybe you're going for a certain look but you should try someone on that is 20 - 22" before you buy it cause it's kinda short imo. Anyways there is lot's to get under $700. 

Tried it today and 22 was perfect so maybe i should have left 20 out of the advice.

Rey is great to work with and responds to every text, my bracelet should be here Monday, and as far as prices go no one comes close to his, but we've known that for a whole year now

Last edited:

If you get a 20" chain you won't have a choice to tuck it in cause it will sit above your collar. Maybe you're going for a certain look but you should try someone on that is 20 - 22" before you buy it cause it's kinda short imo. Anyways there is lot's to get under $700. 
Tried it today and 22 was perfect so maybe i should have left 20 out of the advice.
Oh k cool. You must be a slim dude cause i could never pull off a 22" chain. What kind of chain are you looking for ? Miami cuban, rope, figaro, curb, franco ?

Oh k cool. You must be a slim dude cause i could never pull off a 22" chain. What kind of chain are you looking for ? Miami cuban, rope, figaro, curb, franco ?

Yup slim guy. Franco bc of my price range but i would love a miami cuban. The 22 drops on my chest like the pic below. It would be a daily runner for me.

Got my chain in from Rey, happy with his work once again

Rey's also. I don't think anybody else's turn around time can match his. I went with Rey's instead of Icebox mainly because of that.

Damn, maybe I should have went with Rey. These dudes at daniels are taking forever! I sent back my bracelet to exchange for a bigger one.. They got it last Tuesday, I sent payment Wednesday morning, and still nothing. It's been like 9 days with no contact. My original order was in September. I bought one then paid the difference for a bigger one.. Hmmm might wait until I get it, see if it's the right size etc and hit up Rey and see if I can save some $$

Last edited:
Damn, maybe I should have went with Rey. These dudes at daniels are taking forever! I sent back my bracelet to exchange for a bigger one.. They got it last Tuesday, I sent payment Wednesday morning, and still nothing. It's been like 9 days with no contact

I'll probably buy all my Cubans from Rey, his communcation is top notch and his turn around time is super quick

Picked up a 10k lion charm from a local jeweler in town. About 1.25 inches wide. 17 grams. $680 CAD ($520 US). 
Which Spot? 
The place is called Gold Star in Alberta. Gotta stop buying stuff in the u.s for awhile. At least until the Canadian dollar gets out of the toilet 
mean.gif

Yup slim guy. Franco bc of my price range but i would love a miami cuban. The 22 drops on my chest like the pic below. It would be a daily runner for me.
Cool man, well Franco's are very easy to find. Check out Traxnyc.com or Sarraf.com. Plenty of franco's. As for miami cubans i'm pretty sure Rey only hand makes 5.5mm and up but maybe he can order you a skinnier one.

Damn, maybe I should have went with Rey. These dudes at daniels are taking forever! I sent back my bracelet to exchange for a bigger one.. They got it last Tuesday, I sent payment Wednesday morning, and still nothing. It's been like 9 days with no contact

I'll probably buy all my Cubans from Rey, his communcation is top notch and his turn around time is super quick

Ya the only reason I didn't was because I wasn't sure what size and millimeter I wanted and I wasn't sure what kind of return policy they have. Once my new one comes in, and it's all good, I might return it and see how much Rey is charging

Back
Top Bottom