**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

go check, MOST jewelers and dealers pay 98% of da spot price.

jewelers aint no different from drug dealers... percentages run your profit margins.

and like i said, NO jeweler is turning down a quick profit.

Regardless, if I walk in the store with cash and you walk in with a bar of gold, you really think you will get the better deal on a chain?

yes they will

it works with chains when you upgrade, so OBVIOUSLY its gonna work with straight up solid gold.

this is why da spot price exist, to internationalize da price of gold on da global market.

da jeweler dealing with you with a gold bar isn't losing a PENNY.

and you're ONLY paying for da transfer of da gold from being a solid to being a chain, whatever is left is paid out in cash.

You gotta learn how to just take that L when you are completely wrong.

Your example is almost like telling someone they are better off going to a car dealer with a trade-in than going in with all cash.

im NOT wrong though...you apparently just suck at math.

cars have VASSSSTLY different value points, :lol: @ you comparing it to gold.

you sound like a rookie b.

spot prices ENSURE your gold is gold in ALL 4 corners of da world and its value

is universal, gold is CURRENCY.

basically any reputable jeweler is paying 98% of da spot price for your gold unless you getting raped for being STUPID.

my method A. ensures da jeweler gets a GUARANTEED profit B. get da most out of your money.

This problem is easily solved. Go into a jewelry store, and ask them for a price on a chain if you provide the gold. Then ask them for a cash price on the chain if you don't provide the gold. Then find a gold brick, and price it. Add that price to the price that they told you if you provide the gold yourself. You will see which method is cheaper.
remember that you have to take into account that da chain isn't pure gold UNLIKE da brick which it is.

put da rubber on da road:

http://danieljewelryinc.com/bracelets/14mm-miami-cuban-link-14k-bracelet.html

a 8" 14mm bracelet at 108 grams at 14k is $4,237.00

http://danieljewelryinc.com/chains/14mm-miami-cuban-link-14k-chain.html

a 30" 14mm cuban chain at 391 grams at 14k is $15,069.00

comes out to $19,306.00 at 499 grams.

at spot price that is worth $12,846.90 :x :lol: at a sucker losing $6,459.10 da minute da gold chain

exchanges hands.

nah im good on that.

when you use gold to barter gold you lose ZERO value other then how much da dealer pays towards spot, which da standard

around MOST parts is 98%.

THIS is how dealers and jewelers go about transactions of gold.

A jeweler is not charging you gold spot price to make a chain, bruh. It costs them money to melt and mix the gold and to create the chain. Most jewelers won't even bother with a custom job like that for a few hundred dollars profit. What you are recommending is no different from getting a custom piece made with a bunch of old gold chains and rings. I am speaking from experience. If you have the gold already, expect to pay 3-4k for the work in transforming that gold into a chain. When you get the money to cop that gold brick, let me know and me and BigL will go with you to a jeweler in New York to try out your experiment.

Word of advice, don't go into business with ninjahood. Your books will be all messed up. He'll be talking about ya'll doubled your profit from the last year and you'll be asking why you are bouncing checks because this dude didn't include the overhead, labor, and maintenance in the cost of your products.

Last edited:
i have done this before when i got my chain lengthened.

i literally did da math of my cuban link, da spot gold price, and how much would it be to length it by a certain amount of inches

and i was charged exactly what i calculated, if anything i was ~10 dollars of da final number.

what you gotta understand is daniel has these cuban links already instore. he's already made his money when he took

da 24k gold, and stretched it to 14k-18k, similar to a dealer who copped a brick, cut it with arm& hammer and bagged it up.

you WOULD be right IF he didn't have what i was looking to barter instore THEN he can charge labor ON TOP of w/e gold

we trading for making it a custom order transaction.

i literally did da math of my cuban link, da spot gold price, and how much would it be to length it by a certain amount of inches

and i was charged exactly what i calculated, if anything i was ~10 dollars of da final number.

what you gotta understand is daniel has these cuban links already instore. he's already made his money when he took

da 24k gold, and stretched it to 14k-18k, similar to a dealer who copped a brick, cut it with arm& hammer and bagged it up.

you WOULD be right IF he didn't have what i was looking to barter instore THEN he can charge labor ON TOP of w/e gold

Hold up, you actually think that he is going to trade you a chain that is already made, and in his store, for some gold bullion that you have? :lol: You will still have to give him the amount of gold that is in the chain, plus the 3-4k for labor, profit, etc. You aren't just going to straight up trade some solid gold for a gold chain. :rofl:

Last edited:

Hold up, you actually think that he is going to trade you a chain that is already made for some gold bullion that you have?
laugh.gif
You will still have to give him the amount of gold that is in the chain, plus the 3-4k for labor, profit, etc. You aren't just going to straight up trade some solid gold for a gold chain.
roll.gif
whats so funny? i've DONE this before with my chain.

Gold bullion IS money.

So you think that the jeweler is going to pay to get the gold melted and mixed, then pay to have the chain made, and make zero profit, just so you can have a cuban chain? He is losing money that way. :lol: Get real, man, you know better than that.

Also, gold bullion is most certainly not money. Roosevelt took the United States off of the gold standard in 1933. When was the last time that you bought some groceries or gas with a gold chain or coin? :lol:

Last edited:
So you think that the jeweler is going to pay to get the gold melted and mixed, then pay to have the chain made, and make zero profit, just so you can have a cuban chain? He is losing money that way.
laugh.gif
Get real, man, you know better than that.
he's NOT losing money because

A. he's getting gold back

B. he's still making a margin on what he pays for spot gold.

its fool proof.

whether i go there with da brick or not he's STILL gonna have to melt and mix gold and have to replenish his inventory so this isn't

outside his business cycle.

whats so funny? i've DONE this before with my chain.

Gold bullion IS money.
You should look at it as an Asset, than actual currency. I'm not going to walk into the Bugatti dealership and tell him I want to give him 2 of my 700k homes for a Veyron.. I'm going to walk into the bank, refinance my homes and buy that car.
da difference between currency and and a asset is its standardization of value.

currency is da middle ground where value flows from one asset to another.

so while da bugatti dealership would have little use for 2 homes worth 1.4 million because it would cost them money to find someone to

move that amount of value they would gladly take that in something thats more fungible

everywhere like cash.

gold extremely fungible as well, and dealing with jewelers, they recognize gold as $ due to da spot price as well.

and when they take your gold, no matter what you do they always pay under spot value, da usualy rate is 98% so they make

their money either way.

So you think that the jeweler is going to pay to get the gold melted and mixed, then pay to have the chain made, and make zero profit, just so you can have a cuban chain? He is losing money that way. :lol: Get real, man, you know better than that.

he's NOT losing money because

A. he's getting gold back

B. he's still making a margin on what he pays for spot gold.

its fool proof.

whether i go there with da brick or not he's STILL gonna have to melt and mix gold and have to replenish his inventory so this isn't

outside his business cycle.

:rofl:

A margin? He will lose money even with that margin, because he has to pay to melt and mix and create the chain. Please email David at Daniel and ask him if he will trade a chain for an equal weight in gold bullion and post the response here. :lol:

You can always call Daniels and test this theory out ..

Just simply call and propose the question.

so while da bugatti dealership would have little use for 2 homes worth 1.4 million because it would cost them money to find someone to

move that amount of value they would gladly take that in something thats more fungible

everywhere like cash.

gold extremely fungible as well, and dealing with jewelers, they recognize gold as $ due to da spot price as well.

and when they take your gold, no matter what you do they always pay under spot value, da usualy rate is 98% so they make

their money either way.

And that's what everyone's been trying to explain to you. You can trade your car in at a dealership , but don't expect to get ANYTHING near of what it's worth.

Same with gold bars. You can bring them in, but they certainly aren't going to give you what you're currently asking. They have to " move that amount of value", which requires labor and materials.

Even beyond that, it costs the jeweler money to make a chain and mix and melt the bullion. He isn't going to just take that out of his own pocket and make zero profit. It is a lose/lose situation for the jeweler.

everywhere like cash.

their money either way.
And that's what everyone's been trying to explain to you. You can trade your car in at a dealership , but don't expect to get ANYTHING near of what it's worth.

Same with gold bars. You can bring them in, but they certainly aren't going to give you what you're currently asking. They have to " move that amount of value", which requires labor and materials.
that already happened when....

Gold_bullion_1.jpg

turned into

P11587259.jpg

before you walked into da store.

so they're STILL making money just buy taking your bullion bar and giving you a chain + money back because da chain they are giving

you contains "cut" .

You can always call Daniels and test this theory out ..

Just simply call and propose the question.

I don't even have to test it out. I have done it before. I had gold already and wanted a cuban made. It cost me $3500 just for the work. So unless you got the gold for $3500 less than it is worth today, you aren't even breaking even.

everywhere like cash.

their money either way.

Gold_bullion_1.jpg

turned into

P11587259.jpg

so they're STILL making money just buy taking your bullion bar and giving you a chain + money back because da chain they are giving

you contains "cut" .

They aren't just throwing baking soda on some gold before they make a chain, bruh. They have to pay for the alloys to mix it with as well, and pay to have that done, then they have to pay for the work in creating the chain.

everywhere like cash.

their money either way.

Even beyond that, it costs the jeweler money to make a chain and mix and melt the bullion. He isn't going to just take that out of his own pocket and make zero profit. It is a lose/lose situation for the jeweler.
he ALREADY committed to doing that before you stepped into da store.

if

ch-2.jpg

is sitting in da store.

you give him equal weight in gold bullion he HAS to give you money back because da chain isn't pure gold.

you guys aren't factoring in da fact that 14k-18k gold ISN'T PURE gold like a bullion.

when you upgrade/ exchange jewelry for other jewelry (what most rappers do) they do da exact same thing, exchange for

value and add or subtract anything discretions in da price.

I don't even have to test it out. I have done it before. I had gold already and wanted a cuban made. It cost me $3500 just for the work. So unless you got the gold for $3500 less than it is worth today, you aren't even breaking even.

Nah I mean literally just pose the the question and ask for an honest answer ..

It'll prove someone wrong and LULZ will be had.

I think buying a sold brick of bullion just for a chain and 5 G's is ******g ******ed and way too much work for a chain .. LOL

I'd just buy the chain ...

everywhere like cash.

their money either way.

Gold_bullion_1.jpg

turned into

P11587259.jpg

you contains "cut" .

They aren't just throwing baking soda on some gold before they make a chain, bruh. They have to pay for the alloys to mix it with as well, and pay to have that done, then they have to pay for the work in creating the chain.
all this is correct, however it doesn't cost NEARLY as much as you think.

this is where doing it via trade is getting MORE value for you as a consumer then doing a cash transaction.

I gotta give it to Ninja, he sticks to his guns no matter what

:rofl:

Even when he doesn't know what in the hell he is talmbout. :lol:

He isn't factoring in the cost to pay for alloys, mixing and melting, and creating the actual chain.

But of course ninjahood is purely speaking this from a Dboy perspective also ..

Still too much damn work ..

Nah I mean literally just pose the the question and ask for an honest answer ..

It'll prove someone wrong and LULZ will be had.

I think buying a sold brick of bullion just for a chain and 5 G's is ******g ******ed and way too much work for a chain .. LOL

I'd just buy the chain ...
takes money to save money.

see a ***** like you would rather pay more for da convenience of not going off da beaten path, a dude like me? i've done it before and it

works.

jchambers. CUSTOM work you answered your own question. CUSTOM work carries a cost in itself, NOT something thats already in stock.

everywhere like cash.

their money either way.

Gold_bullion_1.jpg

turned into

P11587259.jpg

you contains "cut" .

all this is correct, however it doesn't cost NEARLY as much as you think.

this is where doing it via trade is getting MORE value for you as a consumer then doing a cash transaction.

I am about to hit David up first thing in the morning and get a reply so I can prove you wrong once and for all on this issue.

Ninjahood,

It doesn't matter whether they made the chain yesterday, last week, or even last year, the jeweler still has invested labor + overhead into converting solid gold into a gold chain. The jeweler needs to make that labor and overhead back if he wants to run a business and not a charity.

I hope this gets through to you

No one is arguing that you can't trade in a gold bar for a chain ( I'm certainly not arguing that fact). But, the chain you get in return is going to contain much less gold in it than your original bar. You'll be losing alot of money.

You invest in GOLD for a reason. You don't invest in Jewelry (unless it's bought at the low).
if you read my whole point i already pointed that out and said they would have to give you back in $ what is left

from da gold.

so da transaction would look like "a gold bullion bar for a gold chain of equal weight PLUS money back from da displaced

gold" and da dealer takes a cut from that money as part of his margin.

Back
Top Bottom