* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

I have to say this...Im a huge Jay fan, but the last 3 lines discussed (Bk from texas, payin D Wade, and Now 11) may have went over your head, but that doesntmake them hot, or even clever. No diss at all to yall but come on?

Dude's complain Jay dumbed down his lyrics too much and then those same people don't be picking up on what the avg Jay listener catches... there'sa word for that. IRONY
laugh.gif

Its one of the few reasons why I have a hard time acknowledging some dudes opinion. "More hits than a Now 11" wasn't anything intricate aboutthat line. Now I admit there are times where i go back and listen to an old Jay song and be like
eek.gif
we I pick up on something I previously overlooked but nothing to the simple stuffsome dudes never pick up on.

Im guessing alot of cats didn't pick up on the Dilliger In depth [Depp] line either on Run This Town

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Dude's complain Jay dumbed down his lyrics too much and then those same people don't be picking up on what the avg Jay listener catches... there's a word for that. IRONY
laugh.gif

Its one of the few reasons why I have a hard time acknowledging some dudes opinion. "More hits than a Now 11" wasn't anything intricate about that line. Now I admit there are times where i go back and listen to an old Jay song and be like
eek.gif
we I pick up on something I previously overlooked but nothing to the simple stuff some dudes never pick up on.

Im guessing alot of cats didn't pick up on the Dilliger In depth [Depp] line either on Run This Town

that depp line was discussed, and folks were like "i wonder if Hov was reference the movie?..."
grin.gif

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Originally Posted by 430AM

This has been bugging me for awhile now... But what does Jay-Z say in that one line on "Thank You"

"I just got 10 number 1 albums maybe now eleven... More hits than a...."

What does he say that rhymes with "now eleven"?

Thanks in advance...
laugh.gif

Now 11. as in the "now that's what i call music" series... I'm assuming

You could be right but when i hear it

i heard it as i got #10 number one albums "mabey" now #11

as in i got 10 number ones and now i might have the next one as 11

BP3 "maybe" being his 11th number one album.

i think im right but im saying this with respect so its all good whoevers right

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by jthagreat

I have to say this...Im a huge Jay fan, but the last 3 lines discussed (Bk from texas, payin D Wade, and Now 11) may have went over your head, but that doesnt make them hot, or even clever. No diss at all to yall but come on?
This.

What was hot/clever about the BK line?

Keep your panties on, folks.
laugh.gif

Ya'll cants dont get the easy lines he is dropping on BP3, but yet people say he is wack.

I've said this before, but I am truly convinced that people just dont understand what they are listening to.

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

I have to say this...Im a huge Jay fan, but the last 3 lines discussed (Bk from texas, payin D Wade, and Now 11) may have went over your head, but that doesnt make them hot, or even clever. No diss at all to yall but come on?
This.

laugh.gif
chuuch

After reading the last few pages about BP2...

I am truly convinced about what I said in my previous post and when I have time one day, I will make a Jay Z for dummies for every verse on every song on everyalbum.

Nah lol, but it would change a lot of peoples minds if I did do that.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

After reading the last few pages about BP2...

I am truly convinced about what I said in my previous post and when I have time one day, I will make a Jay Z for dummies for every verse on every song on every album.

Nah lol, but it would change a lot of peoples minds if I did do that.
LOL I'd love to see someone compile all of that.

This.

laugh.gif

So because dudes think a line is hot, and you dont they shoul keep their panties on.??
ohwell.gif

Do they need your approval for a line to be hot??

Cant expect everybody to agree/like the same the lyrics.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

This.

laugh.gif

So because dudes think a line is hot, and you dont they shoul keep their panties on.??
ohwell.gif

Do they need your approval for a line to be hot??

Cant expect everybody to agree/like the same the lyrics.

I agree with this as well. again no shot to whoever said it, but they were like "see, these lines goin over yall head"almost as if theytryi...matter fact let me go find the quote......

ehh it dont really matter. just go peep some other songs of Jay. yall might truly be blown away. dude is nice. but since we all in the helpin mood..what doesthis mean?

You'll never be down, I know where your peak is
9 1/2 weeks is better than 12-steps
I keep tryin' to remind you to keep tellin' yourself
12 steps is obviously AA, but what does the 9 1/2 mean or in reference to?

the movie with the same name, the movie was about an abusive relationship, so im guessing a bad relationship is worse than addiction to substance.

i believe each verse is a reference to a different thing.

im saying though ... not only are they EASILY understandable, but they arent clever or hot or any other similar adjective ... yall mean to tell meyou couldnt understand what jay was saying? get real ...
laugh.gif

then dudes goin on about double entendres ... blah blah blah ... its the same old jay stuff where he watches a movie and spits it in a line ... hogwash ...

Originally Posted by Ryanbbn1

the movie with the same name, the movie was about an abusive relationship, so im guessing a bad relationship is worse than addiction to substance.

i believe each verse is a reference to a different thing.

thanks duke.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

im saying though ... not only are they EASILY understandable, but they arent clever or hot or any other similar adjective ... yall mean to tell me you couldnt understand what jay was saying? get real ...
laugh.gif

then dudes goin on about double entendres ... blah blah blah ... its the same old jay stuff where he watches a movie and spits it in a line ... hogwash ...

Yo shut up

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Anyone ever wonder why Jay never worked with Diddy on a song? or if he did, no more than one?

I Know What Girls Like
Do You Want It, Do You Like It
Young G's

Those songs he did on that BBC Radio 1 program are bananas! This and Roc Boys sounds too lovely with a live band...I almsot forgot how much I loved thatunplugged cd/program until I heard this

Back
Top Bottom