The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

I will wait for better pictures and decide then! So far I am happy they went back to the old design!

Oh bip

I know you love it everytime u hear one of em say.....

"Adapt or die"

Makes me wanna puke haha

You seen to have trouble understanding my posts.

I'm not telling people to adapt, per se. I'm saying that if you want to play the game today, then you have to adapt. It's perfectly acceptable to take a stand and say no. In fact, it's admirable. My point is that complaining about the good ole days is fruitless because they aren't coming back anytime soon.

To "die" implies that you keep trying your old school methods and fail. There's another route, which is to decide to not play the game anymore - not because of bots or any of that stuff, but simply because the game isn't worth playing anymore.

Last edited:
This is one of those situations where they should have just left the shoe in the vault. The sole was changed obviously to make them cheaper to produce but damn it just looks so ******ed now.  These are a far far cry from the originals, if you can even consider these a retro.

On foot pic via IG
Ok, it's confirmed.  They can keep these monstrosities.  Not even for $50.  What a joke.
Doesn't it hurt knowing the ruined your favorite shoe? I felt the same way with the steel toe fire red Vs earlier this year....
ohwell.gif
They've done it so often that I'm numb to it at this point.  WC 4's, BC 4's, Infrared 6's, Chicago 1's...my boys wonder why I'm always hunting down vintage stuff.  Even if they're unwearable, I'd rather toss them in a display case and have them in my collection than to rock the basura Nike drops consistently.  The retro division is a joke.  It's a pleasant surprise when they do get it right, but sadly those instances are so few and far between.  Sad.

I'll label these as Nu Flightposite 1s. Along the lines of that horrid Nu Jordan retro series we got a few years ago.

Ok, it's confirmed.  They can keep these monstrosities.  Not even for $50.  What a joke.
Doesn't it hurt knowing the ruined your favorite shoe? I felt the same way with the steel toe fire red Vs earlier this year.... :\
They've done it so often that I'm numb to it at this point.  WC 4's, BC 4's, Infrared 6's, Chicago 1's...my boys wonder why I'm always hunting down vintage stuff.  Even if they're unwearable, I'd rather toss them in a display case and have them in my collection than to rock the basura Nike drops consistently.  The retro division is a joke.  It's a pleasant surprise when they do get it right, but sadly those instances are so few and far between.  Sad.

dude, the alterations on this shoe obliterate the alterations compared to any shoe listed.

Usually it's something slight, a change here or there but these have a different outsole and printed CF that has a glossy look to them. Not to mention the zippers hight. They just took a pair of the exposed FP1s and threw a zipper on there. Lazy, unacceptable and the biggest middle finger to older collectors I've seen in a while.

Last edited:
Yeah these are an insult to us older heads but unfortunately nike doesn't care and we are not in their demographic and the shoes will still be eaten up by the kids who don't know any better or care to listen to us. I am glad to see some good dialogue on this subject and there are more people out there that feel like me. But yeah NT I$$ $C and social media have all contributed to the downfall of our hobby I think the only way things will get better is if we hold our ground and don't buy and wait for the bubble to burst. But I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon

Last edited:
I'm not giving Nike a dime for these. Only thing we can do is keep spreading the word. IMO it's not cool at all to wear crap retros. Quality should always come first and hopefully over time others, especially the younger crowd will adopt this way of thinking.

You seen to have trouble understanding my posts.

I'm not telling people to adapt, per se. I'm saying that if you want to play the game today, then you have to adapt. It's perfectly acceptable to take a stand and say no. In fact, it's admirable. My point is that complaining about the good ole days is fruitless because they aren't coming back anytime soon.

To "die" implies that you keep trying your old school methods and fail. There's another route, which is to decide to not play the game anymore - not because of bots or any of that stuff, but simply because the game isn't worth playing anymore.

Well im not one to take my ball and go home.

But
Nah man i totally got ya and understood ya, i wa mocking the younger generation

It was just a failure of communication. I understood what you both were saying. We're all on the same side on this 1.

I suspect they did the exposed FP, and said "oh ****, they used to have a zipper" and made these 
mean.gif

such a disappointment |I

i hope you guys who say you're not copping don't cave..

Back
Top Bottom