The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

I owned the gold's back in 1999 and wore them until the vents blew out. Nike ended up sending me some fp2's for warranty. so I bought the CF's a few months back and i never really got stoked on them. A few days ago I just brought them back to the store and got store credit bc they were still new. I was gonna get the coppers but ended up grabbing these off ebay today. I'm super stoked!!! I may like them more than the 2014 retro's haha
View media item 1201858
Nice pickup. Was trying to grab these off of a local seller around 6 months ago but he was asking too much.

Nice pickup. Was trying to grab these off of a local seller around 6 months ago but he was asking too much.
This dude accepted my offer of 200 shipped...looks like you can get them off ebay for about 200 now. That's the nice thing about retro's, the other prices lower considerably

I am still indifferent about those copper FPs!

The Knicks ones were awful, but I got the carbon fibres ones!

Price tag is makin me stay away from these flightposites..I did get the Knicks joints for $105 on that crazy sale :pimp:

Now I need a sale like that on the Coppers!

Lemme guess? Eggplants next [emoji]128529[/emoji] might cawp these doe
laugh.gif

Got my pair today and find these ripples/indents around the seam at the toe-box.

I'm never really nit picky about QC, but I'm most likely going to swap for another pair.

These are my first ever flightposites so I'm not sure if this is something to be expected. 

Anyone pick these up have this on their pair?  Or am I just OCD?

Same thing here man. Very upset with QC. Not even a point hitting up ndc to complain.

Esp since myoslife got em on the low.

Last edited:
Does it seem like Coppers are getting more love than the Carbons?  I missed out on a lot of carbon discounts (waited too long), but it feels like coppers might not make it to sale rack as fast or in same quantities.  Certainly not as fast as the Knicks (those got no love).

Flightposite 1s got me into the shoes game in the first place.  Bot a pair of pre-owned gold joints way back when to ball in, played until the soles started coming off.  Would be great to see these retros created w/ original medial side, but I'm not so much of a purist that I'm going to pass up on sweet colorways like the Coppers.

Also, anybody ball in their retros?  Notice anything different performance-wise?

Does it seem like Coppers are getting more love than the Carbons?  I missed out on a lot of carbon discounts (waited too long), but it feels like coppers might not make it to sale rack as fast or in same quantities.  Certainly not as fast as the Knicks (those got no love).
For me, definitely.  I absolutely hated the carbon-fibre pattern they used on the '14 retros... I was very disappointed.  

Despite the outsole (yes, that bothers me as well), the copper-finish on the upper looks fantastic. 

I really want the coppers, i dont want to pay the $220+ tax right now if i can get em on a discount a little later....but i also dnt want to wait to long and my size sell out

I really want the coppers, i dont want to pay the $220+ tax right now if i can get em on a discount a little later....but i also dnt want to wait to long and my size sell out

WELL SEEMS LIKE YOU NEED TO COP NOW AND PAY RETAIL WHILE YOU CAN.

BECAUSE WHAT WILL HAPPEN, YOU WILL HIT YOUR LOCAL MALL/S AND COPPERS WERE THERE THE WEEK PRIOR BUT NOW THEY ARE GONE BECAUSE PEOPLE SAID TO HELL WITH IT AND COPPED EM ALL TO FLIP FOR MINIMAL PROFIT OR THE STORE SHIPPED THEM OFF TO A MARKET WHERE THEY ARE SELLING BETTER.

Welp.  Went to a FTL where I bought originally.  Most smaller sizes gone. (11 and up only left)

Drive to another FTL who had my size and size up.

Go through 4 pairs (9/9.5).  All have that janky ripples/ridges/whatever on around the toe-box seam.

But just like a zombie....I still swapped for the least noticeable pair instead of getting a refund.
mean.gif
sick.gif
eyes.gif

Dat Copper Finish.
smokin.gif

Welp.  Went to a FTL where I bought originally.  Most smaller sizes gone. (11 and up only left)

Drive to another FTL who had my size and size up.

Go through 4 pairs (9/9.5).  All have that janky ripples/ridges/whatever on around the toe-box seam.

But just like a zombie....I still swapped for the least noticeable pair instead of getting a refund.:smh: :x :rolleyes

Dat Copper Finish.:smokin
[emoji]128526[/emoji]
I swear bruh. I ain't even think about these. Jump in the thread and it was a wrap. I think it all boils down to the copper foam void and the execution is damn near flawless. I have ridges on my toebox *very subtle* but when the light hit these joints...maaaaaaan! Feel like Grandpa Freeman - new shoes.... :lol:

[emoji]128526[/emoji]
I swear bruh. I ain't even think about these. Jump in the thread and it was a wrap. I think it all boils down to the copper foam void and the execution is damn near flawless. I have ridges on my toebox *very subtle* but when the light hit these joints...maaaaaaan! Feel like Grandpa Freeman - new shoes....
laugh.gif
I guess the copper foam one void has a big part to do with it.

But I have copper foams and I copped these once I saw in person regardless.

I guess the copper foam one void has a big part to do with it.

But I have copper foams and I copped these once I saw in person regardless.
Yeah these are dope enough to stand on their own. Can't say enough about them. I just hope those royal flightposites weren't customs.

Back
Top Bottom