The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

The collar looks terrible, as if enough of these retros didn't look terrible already. Smh. Hunt continues for OGs

I can't rock with these in any color way as long as that sole is all jacked up like that. So disappointing. I could deal with a $220 price tag if these were actual flightposites. It's more frustrating to see it done on colors as we've been blasting on for years.

Now that ya'll mention it those details do take away from the shoe, but it's very clean overall imo

Does Nike destroy molds and blueprints of sneakers once they produce them?

Is it really that difficult to make a shoe resemble the OG or even the 1st retro?

:smh:

Prolly depends on the kicks. Nike does have a vault w/ old kicks in it though I know that for sure.

Nike has proven that they can easily retro a shoe with the right details and materials they just take shortcuts in both when it seems more cost effective and they know the buyer is uninformed enough to still cop.

Think of the vintage QS air max series and trainers, air revs. Think of Griffey Max 1s especially the first 2-3 colorways, they can easily do it they just choose not too cause it's gonna sell regardless. I hope these all flop harder than the last 3-4 graphic print foams so they have to put out some decent shoes again.

i swear yall complain about the most minuscule things 

they have to differentiate the OGs and the Retro

it has always been like this

why cry over something so stupid

The miniscule things make the shoe look very different. And not in a good way.
In addition to the cosmetic differentials, the increase in price, and difficulty in buying nikes nowadays just makes me not even consider these.

The obvious changes that have been made aren't "minuscule" by any means.

The changes that have been made have changed the whole character of the shoe.

Nike has proven that they can easily retro a shoe with the right details and materials they just take shortcuts in both when it seems more cost effective and they know the buyer is uninformed enough to still cop.

POW!

It's just business, not personal on their end...

laugh.gif

And your the reason why they take shortcuts and make and release whatever. 

but that's the demo they going after with most if not damn near every release. Its been discussed plenty of times, they don't care about the "sneakerheads" they just want that bread and most copping now, either weren't collecting back then, weren't alive, or don't care.

I KNOW ONE THING'S FOR SURE… NO ONE IS TRYING TO PAY ANYONE RENT MONEY FOR THE OG'S.. AND BY NO ONE I MEAN ME

slime it dont bother me at all. 

yall just spoiled and complain a lot

there is no shortcut. they just want to show differences between OGs and Retros

whats so hard to understand? 

instead of being happy to finally get the PE yall complain

hey. 2 pairs of the carbon fiber joints and 2 pairs of the knicks joints for me

joints is wavy 
It aint about being spoiled. I'm one of the "ogs" that could care less if retros aren't 100% BUT these aint even close.

I remember when JB started pushing that "we made minor changes to the sneaker, so that it is different from the OG" BS.

If JB/Nike do not care about us "sneakerheads" why would they care about making the retro look different than the OG?

Hmm maybe because it gives them an excuse to use cheaper materials/slightly different color and release an inferior shoe, just to later on release the same shoe done the right way.

Nike knows they can get away with this because "people copping now, either weren't collecting back then, weren't alive, or don't care." :smh:

You guys think with the release of these the prices of the OG's will drop?

Are the OG's even still wearable?

this already confirmed release in greater china area (China Mainland, HK, Taiwan) at Feb 1st next month

Last edited:
You guys think with the release of these the prices of the OG's will drop?

Are the OG's even still wearable?
No idea if they're still wearable, but I don't see the OG's devaluing cuz of these "retros".  If anything, it might make the OG's more desirable cuz of how all these "minor changes" make them, IMO, worse. 

Last edited:
I remember when JB started pushing that "we made minor changes to the sneaker, so that it is different from the OG" BS.

If JB/Nike do not care about us "sneakerheads" why would they care about making the retro look different than the OG?

Hmm maybe because it gives them an excuse to use cheaper materials/slightly different color and release an inferior shoe, just to later on release the same shoe done the right way.

Nike knows they can get away with this because "people copping now, either weren't collecting back then, weren't alive, or don't care." :smh:
and in the same breath i can hear you complaining if you went to purchase some OGs for like 2 racks only to find out that they are the retros 

I would never pay $2,000 for any shoe. The most I have ever paid for a sneaker is $237.

How in the hell could I mistake a retro and OG? :stoneface:

Last edited:
Just agree to disagree. People so thirsty for a wanna b that they accept whatever drops. You can't change their perspective.

The changes aren't minor at all. They are significant.

Back
Top Bottom