The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

of course ogs are better but the retros ain't bad
The retros remove everything I thought was cool and unique about the shoe. Now it's just bland. I'm not about to drop $250 for a halfassed retro that has no details

Im finally catching up in here and i'm really disappointed by the pics. Nike has effectively killed my dreams on both of the Flightposite retro's. They look like if the foamposite lite, and flights had a bastard child that mutated.

I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY… BIGGEST WONDER OF 2014.

THE LETTER BEFORE Z

The big problem is the outsole is nothing close to the original mold.

Original
View media item 692891Retro
View media item 692892

Instead of using or re-creating the original outsole Nike decided to cut corners and use the same modified outsole featured on the "No-Zips".

This bothers me because it not only doe it look terrible, but removing the overlaping medial pivot point will greatly reduce the longevity of the shoe. That portion of Flightposite 1s always wore out the fastest and without the extra protection of the rubber extending up the sides the functionality of the shoe is completely compromised.

Its a shame that Nike is hiking up the prices on these and deciding to cut corners by re-using the same Posite shell and outsole from the crappy "No-Zips".

The number one reason they change their products is because using different(lesser quality) materials and pre-existing molds is more profitable. This strategy works for the seller thanks to uninformed buyers who dont care to educate themselves on what they are paying for.
Thats exactly why shoes have individual sku codes and production dates on the tag.

Nike shouldn't have to differentiate their products from the original beyond the tags. Anyone buying something should be informed about the product their buying and how to identify different variations of the product. This holds twice as true for items sold on the secondary market.

Its like when you buy a classic car..... you dont just take the seller at their word and believe what they're selling is a Chevelle SS just because it looks like one and they said so. Its up to you as the buyer to be informed, look at the VIN numbers and option codes on the build sheet to ensure what they are paying for is the real deal and not just a clone. If you're uninformed and don't know what to look for you could end up overpaying for a lookalike Malibu with some SS badges and it would be entirely your fault.

This is the post of the year so far, imo.

nerd.gif

it's a shame if Nike truly does cut those corners on the outsole. But I still may in fact end up buying these just because these shoes have so much meaning to me. But I guess thats what to expect from companies wanting to squeeze as much money from the masses as possible especially the generation of people who buy the retro's when they weren't even alive or old enough to appreciate the OG ones. I love the analogy of classic cars to these carbon fiber flightposites. It's a good thing we have those well informed individuals that can bring awareness to those less informed people. Then it is up to the buyer themselves once they see the difference to then buy the sneaker.

^^ I believe they dropped at a villa in Phili. I think that's the only store so far though

^ Yep, there's an auction for these... the guy included a pic with a Villa receipt.  

$210. 
indifferent.gif

i was looking forward to these, but i'm definitely going to pass after seeing detailed pics. Terrible retro, they changed way too much on the shoe. Wish i could find a wearable pair of OGs

not sure if its been mentioned here already, but instyleshoes.com has these up already.

They dont have many pictures of the shoe, none of the medial side, because they know :lol:

not sure if its been mentioned here already, but instyleshoes.com has these up already.

They dont have many pictures of the shoe, none of the medial side, because they know :lol:

I thought bout hitting em up n offering a trade for em

But idk if they have em in hand and are shipping now, or if these will be easy to get

Had a miscommunication on the launch for these. Some stores did have them for sale yesterday but they are no longer available. Official release is 2/22. Retail is $210.

I'm like a Asian posite fan.I need every posite.i think I have 45 to date.i covet the carbon fibets,Allen Houston pe,Maryland pe,mavs.i will cop all the new 1s.who can afford 1800 ogs.come on guys.i even want to retro platinumposite.i must admit the no zip sole is awful.vant wait until 222

Last edited:
any idea on a date for the houstons? i saw an ebay listing that said summer time.

Back
Top Bottom