The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

The zolo issue was because they were afraid that whoever owned the rights to Zorro would sue them if the series got popular and merchandising started. So then the English translation followed suit for consistency. Then once 4 kids lost the rights they realized it was never an issue.
I can confirm roronoa zoro is cooler than Antonio banderas...

Last edited:
anyone like JoJo's Bizarre Aventure: phantom blood, battle tendencies, & starship crusaders? theres a new one coming out next year called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is unbreakable 
pimp.gif

Yeah. One piece was first dubbed on Fox Kids in like 2004 and it was Monkey D Loofy. So that's how I always pronounced it. Also It was Zolo not Zoro in the Dub so that always stick with me as well

The zolo issue was because they were afraid that whoever owned the rights to Zorro would sue them if the series got popular and merchandising started. So then the English translation followed suit for consistency. Then once 4 kids lost the rights they realized it was never an issue.
I know. But I also think it's kinda lame naming the character Zoro. Like I understand Blackbeard white beard etc but swordsman named zoro just seemed lazy. Sorta like if I created a samurai character and called him Hanzo. Like be more original

I know. But I also think it's kinda lame naming the character Zoro. Like I understand Blackbeard white beard etc but swordsman named zoro just seemed lazy. Sorta like if I created a samurai character and called him Hanzo. Like be more original
His surname Roronoa, is the Japanese pronunciation of real-life French pirate François l'Ollonais and "zoro" was originally gonna be "zorro" but he had to change it to one R for copyright

anyone like JoJo's Bizarre Aventure: phantom blood, battle tendencies, & starship crusaders? theres a new one coming out next year called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is unbreakable :pimp:  
There was only one tendency in part 2 and there was no -ship in Stardust Crusaders. :lol:
Part 4 is gonna be great though. :pimp:

AIR GEAR IS BYKE

Oh Great is my fav company.

Air gear BYKE !!!!!!!
REJOICE NO MORE BLEACH BLUES FOR ME

Been off the radar without watching anything so I could focus on other things but I'm back again :smokin started OPM today and damn it's lit

Last edited:
About to finish OPM soon, friggin flames 
smokin.gif
 Trying to go on an anime binge since I'm finally off work for most of the week.

Any suggestions for the next thing to watch 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom