The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

No offense Kingdom but I trust Leb's opinion more than yours
(thats what you get for your continued hate against One piece)
Now I will check it out
Thanks Leb for the recommendation
smokin.gif

Plus Prison school is Shounen, so I would never say one over the other.. but as far as funny (if you want to compare that) PS always has me in tears.
OPM has had funny moments. but nothing like what PS brings
Just remember OPM can only ever get so serious due to a character like Saitama keeping things light, but it's probably my favorite gag manga. I like prison school as well, just personal preference, plus Prison school is so different from OPM, where one is grounded in reality giving it an additional level of seriousness for a comedy and one is just a full parody. 

Hopefully I can start reading and watching series again so I can recommend stuff, but this new job is taking up all my time. 

How far did the prison school anime go? Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm a couple chapters behind in the manga, think it last one I read was some point in September. 

How far did the prison school anime go? Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm a couple chapters behind in the manga, think it last one I read was some point in September. 
The anime ends when the boys get out of prison. So basically the first story arc. the anime ends at chapter 81 of the manga and the latest released chapter was 195

Last edited:
ILL TAKE ONE PUNCH MAN OVER ANYTHING NARUTO OR ONE PIECE. I USUALLY SKIP OVER POSTS THAT TALK ABOUT THOSE TWO ANIMES AND VOID THEIR OPINIONS. THOSE TWO ANIMES ARE STRAIGHT GARBAGE.

ANYWAYS. ANYONE WATCH DEATH PARADE? I BINGE WATCHED THAT THIS WEEKEND. IM LIKING THE CAMEO BY LIGHT YAGAMI FROM DEATH NOTE RANDOMLY IN ONE OF THE EPISODES :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
WAIT ONE PUNCH MAN IS ANIMATED BY MADHOUSE?!! :pimp: :pimp: MAKES SENSE NOW WHY THE ANIMATION IS SO GOOD. HUNTER AND DEATH NOTE ARE IN MY TOP TEN ANIMES OF ALL TIME WITH DEATH NOTE BEING SECOND ONLY TO ATTACK ON TITAN.

PRISON SCHOOL IS THE FUNNIEST ANIME IVE EVER WATCHED. I DONT WATCH THOSE KIND OF ANIMES BUT THE WAY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IT AND THE SCENES I SAW OUT OF CONTEXT HAD ME LIKE WTF UNTIL I WATCHED IT.

IT MIGHT SEEM STRANGE BUT GIVE IT A CHANCE. ITS UP THERE WITH GOLDEN BOY IMO.

I was rewatching some episodes of HubterXHunter on Netflix and man I think it really is the Goat(shounen actiony genre). Ive seen read a ton of stuff and I don't know if anything can touch it. Maybe in an alternate universe where Naruto part 2 didn't suck it may have had a chance

Last edited:
Lol the main character of hunter hunter isn't even captivating.
Gon isn't that interesting but honestly most shounen protags aren't. HXH excels in the world building, story and other characters mainly villains.

Last edited:
Togashi's intelligence and thoughtfulness always shone through in his manga..near the end of Yu Yu Hakusho (the part that was never animated) there was some real deep, adult stuff

Dude is legitimately a genius

Idk when I read hunter hunter manga it was drawn so bad I regretted spoiling the story and not just waiting for the anime. Like it was drawn so bad I could barely tell what was going on. (Chimera ant arc)

I rock w/ hunter hunter though. But the only thing I'm interested in seeing is killua kurapika and the phantom troupe

that new fire brigade of flames manga isn't too bad. I would love to add a new manga.

Last edited:
MAN! New OP chapter was cool but the end got me like :wow: :frown: :nerd:

Idk what that means. Are we gonna get a save ace part 2?

MAN! New OP chapter was cool but the end got me like :wow: :frown: :nerd:

Idk what that means. Are we gonna get a save ace part 2?
Nah man, Sanji lost too much Blood from looking at all the furries. He's turned to stone again :lol:
I'm pretty sure he was captured though

bleach :smh:

over before it began
The ending to this chapter has me very intrigued though.

Back
Top Bottom