Death Note/Hikaru No Go/Bakuman

Eyeshield 21

HxH

Oda

Shaman King

Kubo

Kenshin

And finally Toriyama

This is a common practice in the manga industry. On special anniversaries, mangaka will draw other manga as a tribute. It's been done with:

One Piece

Dragon Ball
http://planetnamek.wordpress.com/2009/12/19/dragon-ball-by-other-eyes/

Attack on Titan
http://dailyanimeart.com/2013/09/11/what-if-other-manga-artists-drew-attack-on-titan/

Kingdom (A severely underrated Shonen, often argued to be better than One Piece and HxH) Oda and Kishi's art here :pimp: :pimp:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...ece-oda-naruto-kishimoto-redraw-kingdom-manga

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (KISHI'S DRAWING OF GIORNO :pimp: :pimp: )

http://www.otakultura.com/jump-comics-mangaka-draw-jojo#.VFMYdedYYXw

I tried giving the Kingdom anime a shot but i cant get over the animation style.

Whatsup fellas, I've been on an Anime Hiatus since around Spring season, the only new show I've started is Fate Stay/Night :pimp: :pimp:

What gems have I missed this year?

bleach didnt do naruto?

the only one he looked good in was deathnote tbh
You wilding dude,
That black cat
and
Shaman King
I would love to see those 2 do more Naruto or even any of the big 3.
Shaman King art was superb imo.
Black cat was just an awesome series.

Whatsup fellas, I've been on an Anime Hiatus since around Spring season, the only new show I've started is Fate Stay/Night :pimp: :pimp:

I can't even bring myself to finish fate stay night/ im going to try to get past ep 9 this weekend,
i swear it must just be the dub thats messing me up

but I usually like Dubs

I can't even bring myself to finish fate stay night/ im going to try to get past ep 9 this weekend,
i swear it must just be the dub thats messing me up

but I usually like Dubs
If you're watching the original Fate/Stay Night, you can straight up drop that abomination. :x :x

They remade it this season. It's 4 episodes deep so far. FARRRR Superior to the original already. :pimp: :pimp:

If you're watching the original Fate/Stay Night, you can straight up drop that abomination. :x :x

They remade it this season. It's 4 episodes deep so far. FARRRR Superior to the original already. :pimp: :pimp:

ok i downloadedthose, but i didnt know if i should watch the original then watch this remake, didn't know if they were the same or not

rep for that heads up because the main dude was putting me to sleep and so was the fights.

Archer vs. Lance was the only good one so far

Wait, so for someone wanting to get into the Fate series, this newest joint is the place to start?

Before the new fate stay/night series came out, I had the order as either:
- Skip Fate Stay/Night completely
-- or --
- Trek through Fate Stay/Night, then watch Fate/Zero (the prequel) to appreciate just how much better of a show Zero was. (which is what I did and it didn't disappoint. Fate/Zero is a possible top 5 anime for me personally.)

The studio that made Fate/Zero is the one making the remake to Fate/Stay Night, which is now called Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. Watching the shows in either order has its benefits. (Some revelations are surprises in one order and some in the other order) I'd suggest just watching Fate/Zero first then the remake Stay Night since it's only 4 episodes in and they're probably making this show with the mind that you've seen Zero first.

But pretty much, stay away from the original now. I hated it. I only watched it to get the full story and I wasn't going to go through the LN to get it. Now that there's an alternative, there's no reason to watch that mess.

ok i downloadedthose, but i didnt know if i should watch the original then watch this remake, didn't know if they were the same or not

rep for that heads up because the main dude was putting me to sleep and so was the fights.

Archer vs. Lance was the only good one so far

Yeah, don't even bother with the original. It's crap.

If you haven't watched Fate/Zero, however, you should watch that, and then the remake.

Last edited:
What are the next big three?
I think we can all agree that they'll most likely be shonen.

Last edited:

Naruto Gone,
Bleach almost gone (can't wait)

my perdiction

One Piece
Fairy Tail

3rd will be up in the air
I hope Akame Ga kill

But realistically.................

(hell I dont know)
Not AoT .... beloved I know. bbut I think too dark. People love it but i dont think it will appeal to the kids also

I haven't read HxH but i'd assume that could be up there if it gets it's act together.

S h i s u i     ***** on all of em!
shisui was so haxxed he couldn't even appear on panel. his perfect mind control without the person even knowing, son would have Madara and hashirama( if they were alive of course) as puppets just doing what ever he liked.

Last edited:
One Piece will keep its spot, I heard Jump is pushing a series that just came out called Baku no Hero Academia, and then probably Toriko. Although Toriko might not cause it's anime got canceled for being terrible, but if it got remade ala Hunter x Hunter then it could. AOT is ending in 3 years and it's monthly making it hard to take the spot. AGK probably won't. Bleach is in the big 3 in name only and it should end soon. Magi maybe if it can regain the support it had before that long flashback arc that people hated. 

A lot of slots are opening up in Jump and other magazines in the next couple years so we might have to wait and see. Hunter X Hunter obviously would be in the conversation if not for Togashi's inability to put out content consistently. 

Sidenote: Shokugeki no Souma is getting an anime in 2015. I hope One Punch man can get an anime soon, but they'll probably wait till the HQ manga version is closer to the original manga version before they let Saitama grace our screens

Naruto is the end of an era :smh:

OP carrying the flame on until it ends. Then they'll both go into the history books :smh:

Feels

Naruto is the end of an era
mean.gif

OP carrying the flame on until it ends. Then they'll both go into the history books
mean.gif

Feels
At least OP has another 10 years as long as Oda stays healthy. Jump has surprising staying power, people were saying they were done after Dragonball ended, then OP arrives and soon after that Naruto.
Toriko, One Piece, and Seven Deadly Sins.
I forgot about 7 deadly sins. I haven't been reading it lately, so I should probably go catch up.

Is seven deadly sins any good?
I got bored after a while, but that might be because I marathoned like 70 chapters of it then had to wait weekly, but when I was reading it I remember it being good, not great or anything. 

Wait, so for someone wanting to get into the Fate series, this newest joint is the place to start?
In terms of story, you should start with Fate Zero, then go onto to the new Fate Stay Night. Both are UFOTABLE Productions, and are much better quality (story/visuals) than the original anime/UBW movie.

I got bored after a while, but that might be because I marathoned like 70 chapters of it then had to wait weekly, but when I was reading it I remember it being good, not great or anything. 

I would be watching the anime if anything

isn't the new shaman King building steam (or the guy who made shaman King?)
Shaman King Flowers? I thought it was ending soon?
I would be watching the anime if anything
Oh I haven't watched it yet. It's probably worth watching, I remember there being some good fights. If you want something to read though I suggest vagabond since you like characters who use swords, if I remember correctly. It's historical fiction and the art is really good.

Back
Top Bottom