THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

FC11FC98-AB9B-47AF-82DE-5860D94AB36E.jpeg

Metallic gold star jewel on stockx size 11.5 wmns size 10 men’s if anyone is looking for them

Forgive me but I'm about to vent a bit. On Monday, someone listed Chlorophyll on StockX for $900. I'd just ordered a couple iD's and felt it was best to pass. We just had a baby and I'm trying to be responsible, right? I followed them for a few days and watched them sit. I emailed my wife on Thursday during the day and she said go for it. I don't typically check with her but she knows that pair and knows they aren't cheap. There's no playing it off like a cheap pick up lol. She was down though and actually told me I should do it. Encourage me haha. I was swamped at the office and by the time I got back to the site, maybe an hour later, he'd raised the price to $1199. I was PISSED.

Monday:

So after he raised to to $1199, I pulled my offer but have still been following it. Now he's lowered it to $1149 and someone has a bid of $1137. It's a $1100 pair of sneakers and these two are going back and forth over $12? Who does that? I want to fight both of them at this point.

I feel your pain but at this point just let it go. Patience always pays off and maybe down the line you can get them for even cheaper and not have to deal with a headache. I would say put those 900 dollars to the side and wait for you turn. I had to do that for a pair of cloros myself. It's hard finding a VNDS pair for anything under 700 but I got a pair for 600 and was happy to purchase them at that price. Good luck finding a pit man they're one of the best 1s

I feel your pain but at this point just let it go. Patience always pays off and maybe down the line you can get them for even cheaper and not have to deal with a headache. I would say put those 900 dollars to the side and wait for you turn. I had to do that for a pair of cloros myself. It's hard finding a VNDS pair for anything under 700 but I got a pair for 600 and was happy to purchase them at that price. Good luck finding a pit man they're one of the best 1s
For sure. I have Cherrys, Cords, and Purples. Need the Chloros and LG's to finish the pack. After that happened yesterday, I ended up talking to the guy I got my Cherrys and Purples from and he said he'd let one of his LG's go (he has doubles and triples of the entire set smh) so that's a good thing. Chloros, my 2nd fav of the pack, will be the last on the list. Weird how that works.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 Just curious, but ballpark how many pairs of AM1s do you have? Interested as to whether you or @frankwh1te have more...

Regardless, you're both legends, and thanks for everything you guys do and all the knowledge you both bring to the thread.
haha man I'm a straight rookie compared to most here. Far from a legend haha. I've been open that I didn't get back into shoes until late 2015. Barely 2 years now for me. I loved sneakers as a kid but got out of them when I got in college and then wore flip flops 99% of the time I wasn't at work for about a decade. Late 2015 my company started this points incentive program to avoid taxes on little stuff so I ended up with a ton of points towards gift cards and one of the places I could redeem them was Nike. I had like $2k in Nike gift cards. That's where it started for me. I found this place shortly after and was lucky enough to be taken under the wing of guys like @singledout, @frankwh1te, @rogue5, and @Red Run. When the hypebeasts flooded the thread in March of last year, someone made a private chat on an app and I was lucky enough to get invited. I can't put into words how much I've learned from them. Those guys are legit friends now. My wife knows all of them by their real name. I got baby gifts from them when my daughter was born. We oop each other anything we can. If I were getting married this weekend, they'd all be there even thought I've never met any of them. They could have clowned me for being a Johnny come lately to "the culture" but they didn't. They didn't blow off me asking day 1 AM1 questions. I really didn't know ****. They literally had to explain the shape difference from old and new haha. I just saw shoes I liked and had no idea when they were made, how limited they were, nothing. They'd give me a name and drop some history on me. That chat has been sneaker school for me. idk why but I gravitated toward AM1, probably bc that was my jam back when I was kid in the 80's and 90's. AM and J's but I'm too old and white to really rock J's now. But yea man 2 years ago I was clueless. I'm not going to pretend to be @AIRMAXDISCIPLE who's been heavy in this for years. That's not me. I'm just here learning like everyone else. I'm just blessed to be in a position to buy a few of the ones I really like a lot.

Actually here's my first AM1 since I was a kid. I still love the colorway.

The toebox sucked so I tried to reshape it and ****** it all up. Now the toebox is super tight and I can't wear them bc they hurt my little toe. Therefore I'm remade them on iD. :nthat:

Last edited:
haha man I'm a straight rookie compared to most here. Far from a legend haha. I've been open that I didn't get back into shoes until late 2015. Barely 2 years now for me. I loved sneakers as a kid but got out of them when I got in college and then wore flip flops 99% of the time I wasn't at work for about a decade. Late 2015 my company started this points incentive program to avoid taxes on little stuff so I ended up with a ton of points towards gift cards and one of the places I could redeem them was Nike. I had like $2k in Nike gift cards. That's where it started for me. I found this place shortly after and was lucky enough to be taken under the wing of guys like @singledout, @frankwh1te, @rogue5, and @Red Run. When the hypebeasts flooded the thread in March of last year, someone made a private chat on an app and I was lucky enough to get invited. I can't put into words how much I've learned from them. Those guys are legit friends now. My wife knows all of them by their real name. I got baby gifts from them when my daughter was born. We oop each other anything we can. If I were getting married this weekend, they'd all be there even thought I've never met any of them. They could have clowned me for being a Johnny come lately to "the culture" but they didn't. They didn't blow off me asking day 1 AM1 questions. I really didn't know ****. They literally had to explain the shape difference from old and new haha. I just saw shoes I liked and had no idea when they were made, how limited they were, nothing. They'd give me a name and drop some history on me. That chat has been sneaker school for me. idk why but I gravitated toward AM1, probably bc that was my jam back when I was kid in the 80's and 90's. AM and J's but I'm too old and white to really rock J's now. But yea man 2 years ago I was clueless. I'm not going to pretend to be @AIRMAXDISCIPLE who's been heavy in this for years. That's not me. I'm just here learning like everyone else. I'm just blessed to be in a position to buy a few of the ones I really like a lot.

Oh, jeez, yeah I definitely shoulda mentioned @AIRMAXDISCIPLE, @singledout and @Red Run too. But don't sell yourself short, you're in this thread 24/7 and peeps like me who really are "Johnny Come Latelys" appreciate you and them all sharing what you do with us. This is a great thread, and I'm happy to have been a part of it while AM1s have seen their well-deserved renaissance with the improved shape and materials this last year.

Forgive me but I'm about to vent a bit. On Monday, someone listed Chlorophyll on StockX for $900. I'd just ordered a couple iD's and felt it was best to pass. We just had a baby and I'm trying to be responsible, right? I followed them for a few days and watched them sit. I emailed my wife on Thursday during the day and she said go for it. I don't typically check with her but she knows that pair and knows they aren't cheap. There's no playing it off like a cheap pick up lol. She was down though and actually told me I should do it. Encourage me haha. I was swamped at the office and by the time I got back to the site, maybe an hour later, he'd raised the price to $1199. I was PISSED.

Monday:

So after he raised to to $1199, I pulled my offer but have still been following it. Now he's lowered it to $1149 and someone has a bid of $1137. It's a $1100 pair of sneakers and these two are going back and forth over $12? Who does that? I want to fight both of them at this point.

bahahahahahha

hahaha

haha

ha

Dude that offered $1137 canceled his bid. I want to buy that guy a beer. Seller should have taken that offer and ran.

Back
Top Bottom