THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

These milans struggle have cost me hard already. I think some site hasnt returned the money yet. Fked me up today

Last edited:
i'm so close to pulling the trigger...somebody please talk me out of it.

If you aren't a cheap *** like me and you've got the dough, go for it. That said, if you really want to be talked out of it it's probably because its a bad idea for some reason, so skip it.

i'm so close to pulling the trigger...somebody please talk me out of it.
lol, its a gamble with the fes, but first say "am I willing to pay $370" if the answer is Yes, then  go ahead, dont think it can come out to anything more than that w/ fees.  And if youre luck and get no fee, then boom, ts like you saved $ using a promo code that was added late

Last edited:
If you aren't a cheap *** like me and you've got the dough, go for it. That said, if you really want to be talked out of it it's probably because its a bad idea for some reason, so skip it.
I can afford it, but I just can't justify it in my head spending $320 on a pair of shoes, and didn't somebody have issues with kicks crew?

lol, its a gamble with the fes, but first say "am I willing to pay $370" if the answer is Yes, then  go ahead, dont think it can come out to anything more than that w/ fees.  And if youre luck and get no fee, then boom, ts like you saved $ using a promo code that was added late
Just went through the checkout process and they tacked on $48 for shipping.  That shipping cost + the fee you're mentioning made me back out.

i have ordered several times from kicks-crew, and never charged any extra fees. I always use the cheapest shipping ($24) and it comes with no problems, double boxed at that.

Just went through the checkout process and they tacked on $48 for shipping.  That shipping cost + the fee you're mentioning made me back out.

ouch, that's a steep fee. Oh well, even if it weren't for those fees, you were looking to get talked out of it.
I don't know about you, but I would be less motivated to wear a shoe that cost so much, and even if I did wear it I would be walking very gingerly so as to not cause any 'damage'. In the end I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure every time I put them on and I would condemn the shoes to a life in the sneaker closet. :smh: smh at myself. :smh:

ouch, that's a steep fee. Oh well, even if it weren't for those fees, you were looking to get talked out of it.
I don't know about you, but I would be less motivated to wear a shoe that cost so much, and even if I did wear it I would be walking very gingerly so as to not cause any 'damage'. In the end I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure every time I put them on and I would condemn the shoes to a life in the sneaker closet. :smh: smh at myself. :smh:

They're just shoes, dude.

Wear them, go out to a bar, drink too much, pee on them by accident, go home and do the same thing the next night with a different pair.

A lot of us wear shoes that are way harder to replace than those pretty liberally. Don't worry about it, just enjoy - it frees your mind.

If you are worried about protecting the investment of things that you buy, you should invest in things that are actually investments instead of using that money to by consumables.

No shots, just my two cents.

Also, for those who say they don't want to spend X amount on a single pair - think quality over quantity. You WILL spend $300+ on shoes in the next X number of weeks/months/whatever, you could buy 3 pairs that you are lukewarm about, or one that you actually love. It's not about amount spent all the time, it's often just about spending patterns.

Wear them, go out to a bar, drink too much, pee on them by accident, go home and do the same thing the next night with a different pair.

A lot of us wear shoes that are way harder to replace than those pretty liberally. Don't worry about it, just enjoy - it frees your mind.

If you are worried about protecting the investment of things that you buy, you should invest in things that are actually investments instead of using that money to by consumables.

Also, for those who say they don't want to spend X amount on a single pair - think quality over quantity. You WILL spend $300+ on shoes in the next X number of weeks/months/whatever, you could buy 3 pairs that you are lukewarm about, or one that you actually love. It's not about amount spent all the time, it's often just about spending patterns.

This reminds me of when I wore my 2000 Space Jams back then and threw up on em or when I use to wear em to the bar/club. lol. People would tell me I'm crazy. But I always felt the same way, they're just shoes

Exactly, if you're wearing a shoe and are so worried about messing them up or walking around gingerly, it doesn't seem like you're enjoying wearing the shoes at all. So why even have them?

Wear your shoes and enjoy them.

Worrying about the value of a shoe while you're wearing them is such a bad outlook.

Last edited:
And, another point - "limited" shoes are often the easiest to replace. All you need is money - there are always a ton of pairs on the market. If you want them that badly, they are always there for you. Pass on a release or two, or sell a pair or two and double up if you are that worried. Anybody who knows about my collection, knows I have a ton of stuff that is 15+ years old. The random AM95 CW from 1997 - now that's something that you have to worry about crumbling and being damn near impossible to replace.

Can someone explain to me the pros, cons, type of material of the following AM1s?

Essentials

Premiums

Hyperfuse

Engineered Mesh

What are more popular among these types?
could someone explain the differences? Looking at the turquoise joints as my first pair of essentials

No shots taken.
I never think about shoes as an investment. It's silly to think that really. Trust me, I don't worry when I wear my shoes. I enjoy wearing my shoes, I just wear them too rough to pay that much over retail for them. Now if I got them for retail, you best believe I'm throwing them on all summer.
An NTer I know (he knows who he is) used to tape up the bottom of some of his sneaks to protect the logos. :lol: Then again, Korea has a layer of dust and dirt everywhere.

so my pair of Milan's were delivered from NDC, I get home and checked the status online and the tracking confirms they were just left at my doorstep, and nothing was there.

Had to call NDC to file a claim, have to wait 2-3 busness days for a follow up call since they have to contact UPS :smh:

Got my Milan's in today and damn... :pimp:

so my pair of Milan's were delivered from NDC, I get home and checked the status online and the tracking confirms they were just left at my doorstep, and nothing was there.

Had to call NDC to file a claim, have to wait 2-3 busness days for a follow up call since they have to contact UPS :smh:

That's ******g ridiculous. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom