THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Air Max 90/1 Sample today.
9085FA11-E6C7-4231-BC8B-5520579A9178.jpeg

Thomas has a crazy, enviable collection of AM1s, including quite a few bespokes from NikeLab. He has said in regards to these bespokes, that he wanted to make a "loud pair" and base the colors and design on a mix of two of the most iconic Amsterdam related sneakers - the AM1 Amsterdam (Parra) and the AM90 Homegrown. He's aware that most people will find them ugly, but he has tons of 'normal' AM1s, so this is a fun variance in the collection. Trust me, some of the styles he has I would consider doing unspeakable things for to obtain in my size. Here's a small snap-shot of some of his collection:
Thomas Van Vliet.jpg

Thomas has a crazy, enviable collection of AM1s, including quite a few bespokes from NikeLab. He has said in regards to these bespokes, that he wanted to make a "loud pair" and base the colors and design on a mix of two of the most iconic Amsterdam related sneakers - the AM1 Amsterdam (Parra) and the AM90 Homegrown. He's aware that most people will find them ugly, but he has tons of 'normal' AM1s, so this is a fun variance in the collection. Trust me, some of the styles he has I would consider doing unspeakable things for to obtain in my size. Here's a small snap-shot of some of his collection:
Thomas Van Vliet.jpg
If they work for him that's all that matters. But, his collection doesn't make that particular pair any more, or less, desirable.

Fwiw, the execution is good. Just isn't a very good palette of colors together imo. I wish I never said anything, being that I never give my $0.02 but oh well. Back to zipping the lip

If they work for him that's all that matters. But, his collection doesn't make that particular pair any more, or less, desirable.

Fwiw, the execution is good. Just isn't a very good palette of colors together imo. I wish I never said anything, being that I never give my $0.02 but oh well. Back to zipping the lip

Totally fair and valid point. I was just providing a bit more context and insight, that's all. Also, I couldn't agree more - if he's happy with them, that's all that matters. For what it's worth, I don't there's anything wrong with what you said. You made it clear it was just your opinion.

On an unrelated note - crazy that the only SoCal team in the tournament this year is UC Irvine.

Totally fair and valid point. I was just providing a bit more context and insight, that's all. Also, I couldn't agree more - if he's happy with them, that's all that matters. For what it's worth, I don't there's anything wrong with what you said. You made it clear it was just your opinion.

On an unrelated note - crazy that the only SoCal team in the tournament this year is UC Irvine.
Not sure if it's just no love for the pac12 or if the conference is just that bad...But sheesh. Back to the am1s

Debate:

Is it blasphemous to make OG ‘87s wearable?
12ECDE27-2715-4A77-BD60-A0360F924896.png 0AE8AADF-8204-462D-925F-29AF27550BD4.png

Is it okay to restore and Soleswap e.g. a Viotech?
If the answer is yes, why not with an OG? I'm not sure but it might be that there are more OG87 out there in some crawlspace and what not than Viotechs. As it was a massive GR.

That being said, I personally wouldn't swap them but put them on display. Cause I've got enough Retros of them.

Bespoke...not mine

I never say anything about others bespokes...But...What an ugly palette of colors.
Screenshot_20190321-221022_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190321-221007_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190321-220955_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190321-221039_Instagram.jpg

I like them! I'm a big fan of the Amsterdams so I'm kinda feeling them. They are very well executed.
Are they loud? Sure they are - but just imagine seeing the Amsterdams for the first time. What was your first thought?

please can someone do a picture (or two lol) with the vast grey vs the grey jdi?

i hesitate to buy the vast grey but as I already have the grey jdi... thank you in advance :wink: (in pics I have the impression that the grey jdi is better)

(I had copped the grey jdi for 66euro, there I can get the vast grey at the same price because i have one voucher, that's why... curious to see in hands these pairs of Indonesia)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom