THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

87CF4713-CA4E-4C11-8951-84EA553C5B43.png
https://www.prodirectselect.com/products/Nike-Air-Max-1-White-Mens-Shoes-199694.aspx
Damn $153 shipped to the US.

I ... um .... uhh .... hmm. Blah.

Why you gotta do us like that? :lol:

On the real, thanks for sharing, it's nice seeing something out of the ordinary.

I ... um .... uhh .... hmm. Blah.

Why you gotta do us like that? :lol:

On the real, thanks for sharing, it's nice seeing something out of the ordinary.
You know, I'm one the older dudes (44) and I have struggled with posting images of things. I've always felt it comes across like showing off and purely flexing your belongings. But I've talked to several other sneaker heads who has said: "no no... it's all cool. It's just sharing. Think about if nobody ever shared images, there'd be nothing cool to look at and be inspired by." I understand that - hell, I look at sneaker images a lot of my free time myself. But honestly, I still feel weird about it. I can't help feeling like it's showing off - and that just doesn't sit well with me. Proper humility and thankfulness have always been some of the main principles I guide my life around, so I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. This image (with the green shoes) I only took because of a 'challenge (game)' on a different forum (Facebook AM1 group). Anyway, I'm rambling... sorry about that.

PS: the reason I mentioned my age is because I think it comes more naturally for most younger people to embrace the "share pics of my stuff on social media" than for old fu**ers like me. Either that, or most younger people are just a**holes.

You know, I'm one the older dudes (44) and I have struggled with posting images of things. I've always felt it comes across like showing off and purely flexing your belongings. But I've talked to several other sneaker heads who has said: "no no... it's all cool. It's just sharing. Think about if nobody ever shared images, there'd be nothing cool to look at and be inspired by." I understand that - hell, I look at sneaker images a lot of my free time myself. But honestly, I still feel weird about it. I can't help feeling like it's showing off - and that just doesn't sit well with me. Proper humility and thankfulness have always been some of the main principles I guide my life around, so I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. This image (with the green shoes) I only took because of a 'challenge (game)' on a different forum (Facebook AM1 group). Anyway, I'm rambling... sorry about that.

PS: the reason I mentioned my age is because I think it comes more naturally for most younger people to embrace the "share pics of my stuff on social media" than for old fu**ers like me. Either that, or most younger people are just a**holes.

Please keep sharing. More, more! We all know you don't need to flex, and it is obvious that you truly love the shoes.

PS - I'm older than all of you.. lol

Anyone have experience returning to FTL online or in store with minor wear? Tried the Nike Day AM1 in 9.5 for a full day of wear, and my feet (mainly toes) can’t handle it again. Clear soles will make them nearly impossible to clean to their stated policy of “unworn”.

Last edited:
I'm 40 and totally feel SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK how you feel about posting pics. Totally agree I think it comes more naturally to the younger generation. But man I think I speak for the majority on here that your collection isn't the average collection of shoes we usually see, confirmed by your latest pic. The creativity also makes it cool too see. As someone else said I would love to see more of your collection.

SUPER BLACK SUPER BLACK Thanks for sharing, your pictures and your thoughts.

There's a fine line between sharing and flexing. But if you're sincere (which you are), then I say share away. We're all here because we love these shoes. Most of us will appreciate the pics. A few will be jealous (haters), but that's their issue, you shouldn't worry about them.

The fact is that 99.99% of the general population won't know how amazing those Pattas are, which is a shame. So it's nice to share it with us enthusiasts. I don't see anything wrong with it.

You can separate what you do with this hobby from general day to day philosophy imo.
Limited sneakers are meant to be seen. Also clearly combines a photography interest. Anybody salty is not worth even a second of consideration.

Back
Top Bottom