THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I'm overall happy with my Curry pair.

the left guard is def thicc while the right guard is a tad bit thinn

in regards to the tightness, i experiencing the snuggies in the front, assuming from the tight wound mesh

Messing around with the Urawa laces.. the yellow doesn't look bad actually
IMG_6006.JPG

IMG_6007.JPG

And unfortunately my Urawas just died
IMG_6008.JPG
I was thinking about doing the same thing when mine arrive.

perso on all my AM1 no toe dent... but they are not too big for me, perhaps your problem comes from there

I wear 41 / 26cm with a foot of 25,8cm - I'm sure that if I would buy 42 I would have much more often this toe dent problem

if you have this problem, try to size-down next time, after the problem may not necessarily come from there but in most cases I think it comes from there, others will confirm :wink:

after I have not yet been able to try my curry but I have confidence, I had no time this weekend (mesh is soft on curry)

good luck for on feet, I cross my fingers for you to not have this toe dent worry, it's prettier without...

Last edited:
Enh...there are some valid complaints. You can’t just bury your head in the sand and act like we’re just supposed to be grateful that Nike blessed us with the Curry’s presence.

If you got a pair with good QC, hats off to you and I’m glad you did. But some of us didn’t, which is especially disappointing when you’re anticipating such a classic colorway.

I finally registered today after just reading for a while bc I too got my curries today and the quality is really poor. Laces on both shoes have brown smudges, and there are glue stains on one side of the toe box suede among other problems. Pretty disappointing as I have been psyched for a while to get these.

I finally registered today after just reading for a while bc I too got my curries today and the quality is really poor. Laces on both shoes have brown smudges, and there are glue stains on one side of the toe box suede among other problems. Pretty disappointing as I have been psyched for a while to get these.

pics perhaps? it's always better to put pictures so everyone can see :wink:

really bad luck for many, it sucks on a model like this or we expect an exemplary quality, an good shape and a good quality control... on my side I saw videos on youtube where the red pair has really not a super level... is ok but I just think it could be a little better (I'm talking about the shape/mudguard)

Last edited:
perso on all my AM1 no toe dent... but they are not too big for me, perhaps your problem comes from there

I wear 41 / 26cm with a foot of 25,8cm - I'm sure that if I would buy 42 I would have much more often this toe dent problem

if you have this problem, try to size-down next time, after the problem may not necessarily come from there but in most cases I think it comes from there, others will confirm :wink:

after I have not yet been able to try my curry but I have confidence, I had no time this weekend (mesh is soft on curry)

good luck for on feet, I cross my fingers for you to not have this toe dent worry, it's prettier without...

The toe dent is real. I wear a size 11 in almost every nike i own (aside from my soccer cleats which i prefer as tight as possible 10.5). Even if you slide your foot to the very front of the toe box to try to fill it all the way out the toe dent is there when you flex your toes. When you run you hand around the outside of the mudguard you can feel the indents on either side of the toe. I honestly think its some sort of defect in the shoe

Untitled by Jking, on Flickr

Last edited:
The toe dent is real. I wear a size 11 in almost every nike i own (aside from my soccer cleats which i prefer as tight as possible 10.5). Even if you slide your foot to the very front of the toe box to try to fill it all the way out the toe dent is there when you flex your toes. When you run you hand around the outside of the mudguard you can feel the indents on either side of the toe. I honestly think its some sort of defect in the shoe

yes I believe you, maybe I do not have this problem because I have a little foot, us8 (normal width)

this afternoon I'll have time, I'll try them, I hope I do not have this problem, the soft mesh does not help with that I think

if I have this problem it will be the first time, but I think I would not have it, my shoe seen its shape seems to be ok (when i run my hand around the outside of the mudguard i can't feel the indents on either side of the toe like you, even when i flex but I will see more this afternoon)
SAM_3698.JPG

SAM_3718.JPG

it's really the loose for nike if on feet all pairs have these indents, some with their IDs have it too but I do not have it personally (Of course, i have a few wrinkles on the mudguard but nothing ugly like these big toe indents, the mesh part of the toe box remains flat)

Last edited:

Ive been wearing the same AM1 size for the past 15 years and rarely experienced this problem. The Curry’s actually fit snugger than most AM1’s in my collection. It’s not a sizing issue. It’s a QC issue. I happened to receive a crap pair of Curry’s along with many others.

If you look at my second pic you can see the toe box dents before I even tried the shoe on. Nike charged a premium price for a sub-premium product.

The last 4 pairs i bought all have dented, mangled toe boxes after one wear. Drives me ******* nuts

Dont listen to the one off. The vast majority haven't had an issue. When one guy has bought 30 new shape pairs with no issue and one has an issue with 4 straight pairs, I have to wonder why the 4 issue guy is having issue after issue. That seems like a user issue, not product issue.
User issue? Theyre shoes.. am i putting them on or wearing them incorrectly? :lol: and there are multiple ppl in here with the same results

Back
Top Bottom