THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

So clean! FrenchSneakerAdd FrenchSneakerAdd

All of this mudguard talk and shape talk - can someone show me a bad mudguard example.. seems like the “quality control” issues stem from that?

here is jaynev jaynev (for mudguard & little cliff toe, all in one lol)
001_613e2445-6beb-467b-a847-b371dac52399.JPG

to compare
SAM_3780.JPG

got my Curry's in today... Couldn't be more disappointed. Curry's are one of my Grails, but qualitywise, and the fact that the the boxes on both shoes were so bad ,, I'd be embarrassed to wear them in public. The suede on the saddle was butter. But the suede on the toebox and the mesh was trash in terms of quality. I really miss the ballistic mesh they use to use up to 2011/2012. Wish I took pics but as soon as it arrived, five minutes later I was at ups sending them back

got my Curry's in today... Couldn't be more disappointed. Curry's are one of my Grails, but qualitywise, and the fact that the the boxes on both shoes were so bad ,, I'd be embarrassed to wear them in public. The suede on the saddle was butter. But the suede on the toebox and the mesh was trash in terms of quality. I really miss the ballistic mesh they use to use up to 2011/2012. Wish I took pics but as soon as it arrived, five minutes later I was at ups sending them back

Agreed. Brown smudges on the midsole and all over the laces, obviously from the suede. The shape leaves so much to be desired, too. I can’t figure out why Nike can get it pretty much right with some retros but not others.

Def doesn’t feel like they’re worth retail. And now I’m reminded of why I try to buy from NDC, since I’m stuck with a pair with shoddy craftsmanship. :smh:

Congrats to those of you who managed to get a good pair though. I think I’ll start ordering 2 or 3 pairs from Nike so I can pick and choose the best shoes to make a pair.

toe boxes look fine to me in the pic posted literally on the same page. about half of the pairs of am1s i've purchased since the remaster have needed a slight toe box massage for the desired look. and even that doesnt take any water, shoe trees etc etc. just a few presses with the thumb and all is well.

i also thought the materials used was pretty good. and...lastly...what is "cheap mesh"? give me an example of what you think premium mesh is? a ballistic mesh preference doesnt necessarily mean this mesh is of a lower quality...its just different...just like the quarter panel suede vs. the mud guard suede

but, hey...opinion respected.

Back
Top Bottom