THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

lol, some real hate in here... look, the game is the game, that's with anything, reselling is a part of our consumer lives ...even with artwork, it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. you can't be mad @ the next man because he figured out a way to finesse a bag from one of the biggest companies of all time, & when you watch round two, you can tell he does have a real passion for vintage gear. mans getting it in every way possible, even using his own shoes as leverage to negotiate deals on buying supreme for his shop. if it's legal i can't hate on the next man for making his dollar, even if it sucks because i gotta shell out more, that's the game. i see a lot of use of the term "culture vulture" here, & while i am pro black all the way, can someone explain why you think he's a culture vulture in this sense?

lol, some real hate in here... look, the game is the game, that's with anything, reselling is a part of our consumer lives ...even with artwork, it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. you can't be mad @ the next man because he figured out a way to finesse a bag from one of the biggest companies of all time, & when you watch round two, you can tell he does have a real passion for vintage gear. mans getting it in every way possible, even using his own shoes as leverage to negotiate deals on buying supreme for his shop. if it's legal i can't hate on the next man for making his dollar, even if it sucks because i gotta shell out more, that's the game. i see a lot of use of the term "culture vulture" here, & while i am pro black all the way, can someone explain why you think he's a culture vulture in this sense?
I think it’s this instance their saying he’s a culture of the sneaker culture, not black culture. If I’m wrong someone lemme know.

6D296BF7-A892-44E8-81F4-47CDF6C3445F.jpeg

Crappy pic but my ids finally arrived, looooove this new shape of these ids. Definitely making more in the future

its not anything like that. any item that has a limited supply with a higher demand is gonna have a resale market thats simply how things work in our system of economics b. its nothing new
That's not what I'm criticizing - what I'm criticizing mostly is the way this particular poll went. They should have at least produced as many sneakers as people who voted in the poll in favor for these sneakers.

Also while we are talking economics - artificially limiting stock is neither a long-term model for financial success (obviously - low stock, low revenue), nor for an item to become a genuine collectors item. Just ask Marvel Comics during the 90s when the comic book collector fad broke out. Now you have a lot of "limited edition" prints flying around for a fraction of the price since eventually customers caught wind of the ********.

I think it’s this instance their saying he’s a culture of the sneaker culture, not black culture. If I’m wrong someone lemme know.
ah, gotcha ...so why not blame shoe manufacturers instead of the small guy... in comparison he's raking in pennies compared to nike & hasn't reselling always been a part of the culture, so why when he does it better than others, is he to blame for utilizing his resources, lol?

ah, gotcha ...so why not blame shoe manufacturers instead of the small guy... in comparison he's raking in pennies compared to nike & hasn't reselling always been a part of the culture, so why when he does it better than others, is he to blame for utilizing his resources, lol?
Everybody has a part in the whole thing sucking, it's a cycle - The big company for artificially limiting sneakers, resellers for extorting customers, customers for giving in to resell prices and mostly craving shoes that are being marketed as limited by the company, leading to the company artificially limiting stock again.

EDIT: just one part of that cycle needs to stop to break it. It's usually the customers that lose interest after a while.

I definitely blame Nike more than the neckbeard. I don't particularly like the way he carries himself or his business and his sneaker taste is certainly different than mine but I watched an interview where he talks about how the collab came about and the process behind the design and he seems to have a genuine love for sneakers. He was given an opportunity that none of us would turn down and designed (err.. bespoked) a shoe for himself. What's a bigger problem for the 'culture' in my opinion is that now everyone wants said sneaker because Nike told you this guy is an 'influencer' and the shoes will be limited. The percentage of people aiming to cop because they actually like the product is low. People will shell out hundreds of dollars to participate in what they perceive as sneaker 'culture'. People will jump through hoops in the hopes of 'eating' or to proclaim that they 'won' because they were lucky enough to pay money for something that they otherwise wouldn't have looked twice at. But this is nothing new. It's brilliant marketing from the company that is still telling us the black/red Jordan 1 was banned by the NBA.

I definitely blame Nike more than the neckbeard. I don't particularly like the way he carries himself or his business and his sneaker taste is certainly different than mine but I watched an interview where he talks about how the collab came about and the process behind the design and he seems to have a genuine love for sneakers. He was given an opportunity that none of us would turn down and designed (err.. bespoked) a shoe for himself. What's a bigger problem for the 'culture' in my opinion is that now everyone wants said sneaker because Nike told you this guy is an 'influencer' and the shoes will be limited. The percentage of people aiming to cop because they actually like the product is low. People will shell out hundreds of dollars to participate in what they perceive as sneaker 'culture'. People will jump through hoops in the hopes of 'eating' or to proclaim that they 'won' because they were lucky enough to pay money for something that they otherwise wouldn't have looked twice at. But this is nothing new. It's brilliant marketing from the company that is still telling us the black/red Jordan 1 was banned by the NBA.

i mentioned before that i'm a huge fan of vintage nike stuff, the agassi era, the old acg era, orange tag era stuff ...i stumbled upon the round two page a long time ago & thought sean was pretty passionate about his love for vintage & so i've watched ever since. i remember the episode when he & his friends designed the shoe & was in love with it since then. i don't agree with limited runs of shoes in general & i really hate raffles, bots, etc ... but these companies know that hype promotes & so that's why they keep doing it.

Its still not cool for sw to resell something he was blessed with having. Regardless of what the consumers were going to do with the shoes, he shouldve sold them at retail and not take advantage of the situation in that way. Ive never liked the shoe and was never going to buy it, but stuff like this bothers me for the people here on NT who want the shoe and were genuinely excited to own them and wear them.

I would imagine out of principal now, that he will not even try for the shoe, I wouldnt. Its ****ed up how sw took his own shoe that Nike made for him and then sold his allocation for resell. Good for FrankWhite for doing what he did.
Gonna get flamed for this but there is no evidence that he sold his Nike allocation for resale. That is 100% false and made up out of hate.

It doesn't seem like reselling is the actual issue, it seems like him talking a good game and then doing a 180. Businesses usually don't say we're going to make something available for as many as possible for customers and then do the opposite without some backlash.

It doesn't seem like reselling is the actual issue, it seems like him talking a good game and then doing a 180. Businesses usually don't say we're going to make something available for as many as possible for customers and then do the opposite without some backlash.

Perfect summary.

man I didn’t mean to start some ish that would derail the thread for a couple pages but I’m just bitter this dude said one thing (“they’ll be plenty of pairs for everyone that wants them”) and in reality they’re stupid limited and only released via raffles.

I actually was hoping to score two pairs so I could take the air max 1 sole off of one and swap a 97 sole on to it ....lol I guess I was dreaming

Back
Top Bottom